Medical !

Convicted Driver Insurance
I contacted my GP today they have still not received anything, still can't get through to the medical team. I have sent a complaint 12 days ago. I have had no reply either 😬
I contacted my GP too and they’ve not received anything. However I actually got through to someone at the DVLA 😜. They said if the GP hasn’t received it on Monday to ring back ( that will be a challenge ) and that if I had the GP email address which has to be a nhs.net email , they will email info through to them . So , I know our cases are different as you’ve been waiting totally ridiculous ages, rather than just ages , if you are going to ring DVLA maybe arm yourself with your GP email address first ?😃

I contacted my GP too and they’ve not received anything. However I actually got through to someone at the DVLA 😜. They said if the GP hasn’t received it on Monday to ring back ( that will be a challenge ) and that if I had the GP email address which has to be a nhs.net email , they will email info through to them . So , I know our cases are different as you’ve been waiting totally ridiculous ages, rather than just ages , if you are going to ring DVLA maybe arm yourself with your GP email address first ?😃
Thanks 😊

Does anyone know how long it is taking after the medical to hear if you've got your licence back? My husband had his medical on the 20th May 4 weeks and 1 day ago and he still hasn't heard - should we get in touch with the DVLA?

Does anyone know how long it is taking after the medical to hear if you've got your licence back? My husband had his medical on the 20th May 4 weeks and 1 day ago and he still hasn't heard - should we get in touch with the DVLA?
If you have a chance to read through the posts you will see that, unfortunately, the answer is that it is generally taking an eternity. I had my medical on 26 April and only heard last week that they are contacting my GP. This is a cue for further waiting . Sorry to be negative .

Looking for advice, I have raised a complaint over 14 days ago. I have had no reply
They have said they have contacted my GP my GP has not received anything. The last communication they had was October 2020.
I understand they have a huge backlog unfortunately has been going on since January 2021.
Has anyone any advice on next steps.
Thanks

Looking for advice, I have raised a complaint over 14 days ago. I have had no reply
They have said they have contacted my GP my GP has not received anything. The last communication they had was October 2020.
I understand they have a huge backlog unfortunately has been going on since January 2021.
Thanks
Thanks
This is just dreadful for you . Looking at posts it does seem there has been some slight improvement in the phones being answered. It will still take you ages but maybe it’s worth trying ? Also, when I got through they told me if I had my GPS email address , that they would email request for info through . They will also give you their email address for the return of information. As I can suggest , and I doubt it’s much help, is that you continue to try to speak to someone.
The latest on the strike is not good . I googled itv news and it seems that DVLA are contracting agency staff to cover for staff on strike. This has worsened matters overall in terms of industrial relations but maybe they’ll clear some post/ answer calls.
Good luck with it

This is just dreadful for you . Looking at posts it does seem there has been some slight improvement in the phones being answered. It will still take you ages but maybe it’s worth trying ? Also, when I got through they told me if I had my GPS email address , that they would email request for info through . They will also give you their email address for the return of information. As I can suggest , and I doubt it’s much help, is that you continue to try to speak to someone.
The latest on the strike is not good . I googled itv news and it seems that DVLA are contracting agency staff to cover for staff on strike. This has worsened matters overall in terms of industrial relations but maybe they’ll clear some post/ answer calls.
Good luck with it
Thanks I don't have GPS email, I do however have there fax number. I could pass that on if I ever get to speak to someone. I will be raising a stage 2 complaint. Hopefully things might speed up.

Update: I managed to get through to someone they are resending forms for GP to complete. I have my medical next week. It is a step closer 😆

Thanks
Just about to post about this.....

I had my medical on Wednesday, contacted my Gp yesterday. They sent forms back on the 23/07 hopefully I don't have much more of a wait. 🤪

I received an apology letter yesterday regarding my complaint. They have said I am priority 🤣
They have received information from my GP, hopefully they will receive my medical results soon. I will give them a few weeks and will try and call them.

Hi all I've booked my medical for as late as possible but the forthcoming Bank Holiday messes with the available dates. Has anybody had to approach the DVLA about going beyond the twelve weeks? What was the reaction? Am I correct that if you fail, it's a mandatory six month wait? Really not sure what to do so all advice welcome.

8 weeks today since my medical and I still haven’t heard a thing. I have tried over 100 times every day to for a week to get through on the phone. Extremely disheartened.

Update: I have received a letter informing me they have contacted my GP, that they are expecting a delay in receiving the reply due to covid. At least I have had an update. 🙂
How long was that letter to you after your medical if you don't mind me asking.
I'm 8 weeks after my medical. Apparently they have not contacted my gp (yet or never I'm not sure).
Just sitting here in limbo.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off