Medical !

Convicted Driver Insurance
Try: Medicalsupport@dvla.gov.uk That is the generic email for the medical section.

The problem with Tim Burton is that he used to be excellent at looking at cases like yours with a specific problem after the court gave you your licence back early. People on her have seen his email address and I then see that they say they have been emailing him to chase their case up only 2 weeks after their medical which is no way an unreasonable delay so I expect he has put up shop and refused to deal with any cases himself now, which is a great shame.
I suppose people think “I am only interested in getting MY licence back.” But their actions has robbed us of a valuable resource at DVLA for genuine delays or problems.
Rant over, I feel better now!
This is what I thought, thanks price I will email medical support.

I have just read the instructions with this and I can see a problem straight away. If it was a simple dip test at work then it might work (as they apparently guarantee the result....>)
BUT as it is a sample sent off to a lab, that is way different.
they advise for this miracle brew to work you should drink it alongside 3/4 litre of water before and 3/4 litre after. There have been several reports on here where people have had to do the sample again because it was “diluted’’ I.e. they had drunk too much water before the test (unless they managed to sneak some water into the sample when providing it) Either way, they came unstuck. Save your money and abstain for as long as you can.
You will also have to be careful when you do get your licence back as you can fail the police drug test by testing positive for cannabis way after you feel absolutely fine, even 24 hours after a decent joint.

I have just read the instructions with this and I can see a problem straight away. If it was a simple dip test at work then it might work (as they apparently guarantee the result....>)
they advise for this miracle brew to work you should drink it alongside 3/4 litre of water before and 3/4 litre after. There have been several reports on here where people have had to do the sample again because it was “diluted’’ I.e. they had drunk too much water before the test (unless they managed to sneak some water into the sample when providing it) Either way, they came unstuck. Save your money and abstain for as long as you can.
You will also have to be careful when you do get your licence back as you can fail the police drug test by testing positive for cannabis way after you feel absolutely fine, even 24 hours after a decent joint.
Yeah I know about this new law hence why I only have a joint a night which Is only a one skin joint. As long as I'm ten hours clear I've passed any saliva test I've tested myself a few times just this dvla one getting sent away for tests is making me over think things so best advice is too bang it all on the head and just hope it's out my system by then?

The self test for home is usually .25, or .20 at best. The test for DVLA is, I believe, .15, so you can pass the home test but still fail the DVLA one.
Yes, bang it on the head, even if it leaves your head banging......!

Yeah I know about this new law hence why I only have a joint a night which Is only a one skin joint. As long as I'm ten hours clear I've passed any saliva test I've tested myself a few times just this dvla one getting sent away for tests is making me over think things so best advice is too bang it all on the head and just hope it's out my system by then?

The self test for home is usually .25, or .20 at best. The test for DVLA is, I believe, .15, so you can pass the home test but still fail the DVLA one.
Yes, bang it on the head, even if it leaves your head banging......!
I'll do my best 🤞🤞🤞 thank you very much for this advice it really is much appreciated thank you

Update: I have received a letter informing me they have contacted my GP, that they are expecting a delay in receiving the reply due to covid. At least I have had an update. 🙂

Update: I have received a letter informing me they have contacted my GP, that they are expecting a delay in receiving the reply due to covid. At least I have had an update. 🙂
Good news for you . May I ask : When did you have your medical ? When did you apply for licence and when does your ban end . Was there anything you can think of that would prompt them to contact GP. It’s hilarious that they are predicting a delay in receiving reply !!!! Errr no : they will delay processing it probably .

Good news for you . May I ask : When did you have your medical ? When did you apply for licence and when does your ban end . Was there anything you can think of that would prompt them to contact GP. It’s hilarious that they are predicting a delay in receiving reply !!!! Errr no : they will delay processing it probably .
Hi I was refused due to alcohol dependency, I had to prove I haven't had a drink in a year been sober since March 2020. I have had LFTS as well as a cdt test last year, which was low. It is now a waiting game to see if they require me to have another medical.
I sent my application in January of this year.

Hi I was refused due to alcohol dependency, I had to prove I haven't had a drink in a year been sober since March 2020. I have had LFTS as well as a cdt test last year, which was low. It is now a waiting game to see if they require me to have another medical.
I sent my application in January of this year.
Thankyou for sharing. I didn’t mean to pry . Well done for the changes you’ve made 👍. I only asked as I had my medical 26/4, as of last week Q’aire not scanned even though Dr sent it , and now I can’t get through to check if they’ve found it . I hope all goes well for you .

Thankyou for sharing. I didn’t mean to pry . Well done for the changes you’ve made 👍. I only asked as I had my medical 26/4, as of last week Q’aire not scanned even though Dr sent it , and now I can’t get through to check if they’ve found it . I hope all goes well for you .
Fingers crossed you hear something soon

Ah OK sorry first time using this. So the ultimate detox drink is a no go ? I've used that at work but that's just a dip test which I've always passed. I've passed the cdt medical tests. But because I was on codeine for a dislocated knee they now want a urine sample. I've no idea when the test is yet either will find out by Friday. If I take that drink will it definitely come back as a fail? I'm obviously trying too stop the smoking I have one joint a night sometimes not even that much I'm flushing my system as we speak none stop with cranberry juice and water my licence means the world too me without it I'm useless. Any advice on what too do obviously stop the smoking if I can be a few sleepless nights but licence is my life as I say
You say you were taking prescribed codeine for a dislocated knee. Have you been told this is the reason they want a urine test? I am on long term codeine for chronic backpain as I was for my first medical (which I passed,) and no one asked me for a urine test.

I also received letter today saying they’ve written to my GP ( letter dated 21/5/21). I contacted my GP’s receptionist only to be told they’ve not received anything from DVLA. Looks like a bit of a backlog. Anyone else in this situation, as I don’t know if I’ve passed my medical, or this is just a pen pushing exercise to warrant the near £100 cost of the medical!

I also received letter today saying they’ve written to my GP ( letter dated 21/5/21). I contacted my GP’s receptionist only to be told they’ve not received anything from DVLA. Looks like a bit of a backlog. Anyone else in this situation, as I don’t know if I’ve passed my medical, or this is just a pen pushing exercise to warrant the near £100 cost of the medical!
Spoke with my lot this week and GP has filled in form and sent back to dvla so god knows how long this will take

Assuming that DVLA sent the letter to you (second class I expect) on the same day they wrote to your GP then yesterday was the first day that the GP practice could have received the letter.
Whilst you are anxiously looking for a letter from DVLA to arrive, your GP practice isn’t!
Out of the £96 you pay for the medical, none of it goes to DVLA, it is kept by the doctor as an examination fee and to pay for the CDT test.
If you have to do future medicals then DVLA cover the cost out of the £90 you pay for the licence renewal fee. Also out of that fee they have to pay your GP for filling in the form.

It isn’t the huge money spinner you think it is.

Assuming that DVLA sent the letter to you (second class I expect) on the same day they wrote to your GP then yesterday was the first day that the GP practice could have received the letter.
Whilst you are anxiously looking for a letter from DVLA to arrive, your GP practice isn’t!
Out of the £96 you pay for the medical, none of it goes to DVLA, it is kept by the doctor as an examination fee and to pay for the CDT test.
If you have to do future medicals then DVLA cover the cost out of the £90 you pay for the licence renewal fee. Also out of that fee they have to pay your GP for filling in the form.

It isn’t the huge money spinner you think it is.
I agree. Actually I was surprised that the medical was only £90 when you take into account the GP time and blood analysis. What I find frustrating is the fact I perceive there to be no efficient system in place. I had my medical 26/4 and as of last week DVLA said they had bloods but no Qaire. I rang Dr who said would resend . Both times by email . Rang yesterday and still nothing at DVLA , who indicated they normally received paper copy . Examining Dr told me they’ve used email for years ! It’s exhausting but I keep telling myself nowhere near as stressful as being arrested and waiting to go to Court .

When did you have your medical ? Also , do you have any idea as to what they are following up with your GP ? ( I’m not intending to ask personal questions but just trying to work out if they always contact GP or if they only follow up on particular answers or aspects of the medical ) 😄

I agree. Actually I was surprised that the medical was only £90 when you take into account the GP time and blood analysis. What I find frustrating is the fact I perceive there to be no efficient system in place. I had my medical 26/4 and as of last week DVLA said they had bloods but no Qaire. I rang Dr who said would resend . Both times by email . Rang yesterday and still nothing at DVLA , who indicated they normally received paper copy . Examining Dr told me they’ve used email for years ! It’s exhausting but I keep telling myself nowhere near as stressful as being arrested and waiting to go to Court .

The medical and licence renewal in Northern Ireland is £323.50, £90 isn’t too bad!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off