Medical !

Convicted Driver Insurance
DVLA cannot just decide to extend your ban as such (but of course they can obstruct it by going slow over the medical!)
I am wondering if that is the date they will be issuing your new licence? A bit far ahead but trying to give you hope!
What was the date of your ban, how long for, did you do a DDRS course and how much reduction were you offered for completing it?

DVLA cannot just decide to extend your ban as such (but of course they can obstruct it by going slow over the medical!)
I am wondering if that is the date they will be issuing your new licence? A bit far ahead but trying to give you hope!
What was the date of your ban, how long for, did you do a DDRS course and how much reduction were you offered for completing it?
Thanks for answering. That won’t be date of issue as they are still saying Dr has not sent questionnaire, even though he has ( twice). I was disqualified for 32 months 4/6/19. I immediately booked on TTC course and completed that Sept 19. Hence reducing disqualification to 2 years . The system yesterday had correct date. Overnight it’s changed . Call me cynical but I’ve worked for a government agency that has targets and which extract data from systems to demonstrate performance. If the DVLA has performance targets re completing medical enquiries it will serve their purpose to gave my disqualification end date later than it really is !!! Or I could be totally wrong .

Don’t know where to post this next query. I’ve had a weird experience. My period of disqualification ended yesterday 4/6/21. This was the correct date and up until yesterday consistently showed this . However , I e looked today and the system has changed the date to 24/6/21: adding 3 weeks. This is wrong , for although I’m not entitled to drive because I don’t have a licence ( as I’m waiting for DVLA) , I’m not now disqualified . Has anyone else had this experience of changing dates ? Price ? You are very knowledgeable and experienced: what do you think ?
Is it relevant as you cannot drive anyway

Thanks for answering. That won’t be date of issue as they are still saying Dr has not sent questionnaire, even though he has ( twice). I was disqualified for 32 months 4/6/19. I immediately booked on TTC course and completed that Sept 19. Hence reducing disqualification to 2 years . The system yesterday had correct date. Overnight it’s changed . Call me cynical but I’ve worked for a government agency that has targets and which extract data from systems to demonstrate performance. If the DVLA has performance targets re completing medical enquiries it will serve their purpose to gave my disqualification end date later than it really is !!! Or I could be totally wrong .

Is it relevant as you cannot drive anyway
Yes it is as there is a distinct difference between being disqualified and not having a licence, both legally and potentially for insurance purposes. I also would prefer data that is stored on me to be accurate .

One other thing, you may have been given a 32 week reduction rather that 8 months.
A lot of courts do one weeks reduction per month of ban rather than a straight 25% off.
That would still be 4 days out though.
Can I suggest that you ring the TTC office after the weekend (I do not work in the office anymore) give them your details and they will be able to tell you from the court record they were sent when you were referred to TTC exactly the length of the ban and how much reduction was allowed for completing the course.

One other thing, you may have been given a 32 week reduction rather that 8 months.
A lot of courts do one weeks reduction per month of ban rather than a straight 25% off.
That would still be 4 days out though.
Can I suggest that you ring the TTC office after the weekend (I do not work in the office anymore) give them your details and they will be able to tell you from the court record they were sent when you were referred to TTC exactly the length of the ban and how much reduction was allowed for completing the course.
Hi there . I’d already done this ages ago as when I checked about 9 months ago DVLA said they’d not had info re my course completion so I had to ring TTC then . This eventually got corrected by DVLA and date 4/6/21 put on system. Interestingly , in a letter the DVLA sent me they told my my disqualification ended on 21 May , which I knew was wrong . This is why I queried it twice on the phone and I was told 4/6/21 , same as system . Thanks for help .

Hi there . I’d already done this ages ago as when I checked about 9 months ago DVLA said they’d not had info re my course completion so I had to ring TTC then . This eventually got corrected by DVLA and date 4/6/21 put on system. Interestingly , in a letter the DVLA sent me they told my my disqualification ended on 21 May , which I knew was wrong . This is why I queried it twice on the phone and I was told 4/6/21 , same as system . Thanks for help .
I’ve just found paperwork from Court . 32 months from 4/6/19 , reduced by 244 days if I complete course .

I’ve just found paperwork from Court . 32 months from 4/6/19 , reduced by 244 days if I complete course .
So yes, that should add up to 4/6/21.....
It will not be DVLA fiddling the figures to meet targets because if that was the case then I am sure many others would be reporting this..... and I have not seen one date being shown then altered before.
Double check with TTC on Monday to verify what is in the court letter, but DVLA do go on what the court supply them, not the course provider so it certainly will not be an error by TTC, we just confirm course completion to the court and the court notify DVLA of the relevant reduction.

Yes it is as there is a distinct difference between being disqualified and not having a licence, both legally and potentially for insurance purposes. I also would prefer data that is stored on me to be accurate .
It will not be DVLA fiddling the figures to meet targets because if that was the case then I am sure many others would be reporting this..... and I have not seen one date being shown then altered before.
Double check with TTC on Monday to verify what is in the court letter, but DVLA do go on what the court supply them, not the course provider so it certainly will not be an error by TTC, we just confirm course completion to the court and the court notify DVLA of the relevant reduction.
Thanks . I’m assuming the Court send DVLA a copy of what they sent me . I’ll follow it up. Thankfully I have all original documents .

Good morning everyone. I’ve just rung the DVLA number . The industrial action is ongoing . Phone cut off having told me this .

Good morning everyone. I’ve just rung the DVLA number . The industrial action is ongoing . Phone cut off having told me this .
Just gave it a google and looks like it’s dragging on again all this week until the 12th... 😫

I am getting the same, I thought the strike was due to end on Saturday?
It was . Then yesterday on the government website it advised of another week . I don’t want to be negative but it may well happen again next week. I feel I’m stuck in a kafkaesque nightmare 😱

Really ? I rang this morning and it was of course engaged but the strike wasn’t mentioned . Probably feel it just goes without saying 😦
I read it on twitter Monday 14th - Friday 18th. Fingers crossed this ends soon . 🙏

I read it on twitter Monday 14th - Friday 18th. Fingers crossed this ends soon . 🙏
Yes. I’ve just read it now . I’ve seen nothing on National news at all . I wonder why it’s getting so little attention .

I contacted my GP today they have still not received anything, still can't get through to the medical team. I have sent a complaint 12 days ago. I have had no reply either 😬

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off