Medical !

Convicted Driver Insurance
When did you have your medical ? Also , do you have any idea as to what they are following up with your GP ? ( I’m not intending to ask personal questions but just trying to work out if they always contact GP or if they only follow up on particular answers or aspects of the medical ) 😄
I had my medical on 19 April and as I am classed as HRO they probably are looking into my medical records for any alcohol dependency issues (which there are none). I’d like to know that as I’m at this stage of the license renewal process, have I passed the CDT test?
This is all a ‘grey’ area as trying to get information from the DVLA is extremely difficult, and I don’t think pestering them with emails is going to help your case.

I had my medical on 19 April and as I am classed as HRO they probably are looking into my medical records for any alcohol dependency issues (which there are none). I’d like to know that as I’m at this stage of the license renewal process, have I passed the CDT test?
This is all a ‘grey’ area as trying to get information from the DVLA is extremely difficult, and I don’t think pestering them with emails is going to help your case.
I’m not sure there is an email address for

I’m not sure there is an email address for you to contact them at even if you wanted to. As you say , very difficult.

The self test for home is usually .25, or .20 at best. The test for DVLA is, I believe, .15, so you can pass the home test but still fail the DVLA one.
Yes, bang it on the head, even if it leaves your head banging......!
As a matter of interest Utest dip tests go down to 15ng.You need to order these direct from their website as don't seem to be available on Amazon etc.

Just spoke to GP, they haven't received a letter from DVLA Why did the DVLA send me a letter stating they had contacted my GP. Its an absolute joke. I don't understand why they would send out a letter saying they had contacted my GP.

Just spoke to GP, they haven't received a letter from DVLA Why did the DVLA send me a letter stating they had contacted my GP. Its an absolute joke. I don't understand why they would send out a letter saying they had contacted my GP.
As I’m in the same situation, my GP has asked me to ring in a weeks time (although this is not treated as a priority over GMS). Then I’ll email the medical support email ( Medicalsupport@dvla.gov.uk).
If anyone reads The Daily Mail, there were 2 letters yesterday complaining about delays in license renewals, so this is definitely a big problem with the DVLA.
Any other ideas would be appreciated

As I’m in the same situation, my GP has asked me to ring in a weeks time (although this is not treated as a priority over GMS). Then I’ll email the medical support email ( Medicalsupport@dvla.gov.uk).
If anyone reads The Daily Mail, there were 2 letters yesterday complaining about delays in license renewals, so this is definitely a big problem with the DVLA.
Any other ideas would be appreciated
I have emailed medical department, stating I will be raising a complaint if I don't get a response as soon as possible.

Any other ideas
I suspect that the reason for this is that your letter was produced by one department and the letter to your GP will be sent, or not, by another. Same applied when I got the letter to book a medical. I lost 3 weeks before I could do this as they did not send my paperwork to the examining Doctor. It took phone calls from me and emails from the Dr to get the details to progress the medical.
Chaos reigns at the DVLA. It’s not, I’m sure, the fault of the staff who work there but symptomatic of long-standing problems that have existed over decades. Covid has made things worse but they’ve not been fit for purpose for years.

I have emailed medical department, stating I will be raising a complaint if I don't get a response as soon as possible.
I have followed up with call to my GP today 3 June, they received the DVLA questionnaire 28 May and have said that it’ll take up to the end of June to reply and return! So asked me to contact them early July. Hope this helps to everyone else in this predicament. If all goes well, how quickly after receiving GP questionnaire will DVLA issue a licence and for how many years?

I have followed up with call to my GP today 3 June, they received the DVLA questionnaire 28 May and have said that it’ll take up to the end of June to reply and return! So asked me to contact them early July. Hope this helps to everyone else in this predicament. If all goes well, how quickly after receiving GP questionnaire will DVLA issue a licence and for how many years?
I’m so pleased that your Dr at least has the questionnaire, although I’m not sure why it will take them so long to reply . Does everyone work at a snails 🐌 pace ???? Re DVLA response time : who knows? I guess that length of licence will depend on issues raised. I seem to recall in previous thread you said there weren’t any , so hopefully it will be a standard one .

Are all staff of strike?
I have had a response from medical support email the same as the one I got from Tim Burton. Can't get through on the phone, I have tried the chat also.

Are all staff of strike?
I have had a response from medical support email the same as the one I got from Tim Burton. Can't get through on the phone, I have tried the chat also.
I don’t know why that medical support email address exists as all you get is a standard reply “ can’t discuss individual cases “ !!!! Why else would we email other than to enquire re our case ??? I doubt they are all on strike but given we can’t get a response under normal circumstances we are not likely to succeed at the present time . THIS strike ends on Saturday . According to the BBC and the Union it is the third of a series of strikes that are planned .

I’m so pleased that your Dr at least has the questionnaire, although I’m not sure why it will take them so long to reply . Does everyone work at a snails 🐌 pace ???? Re DVLA response time : who knows? I guess that length of licence will depend on issues raised. I seem to recall in previous thread you said there weren’t any , so hopefully it will be a standard one .
Thanks for your comments, the reason I ask how long the licence will be for, is that although I’m classed as HRO, quite a few posts have only been given a 1 year license as opposed to a 10.Don’t think I can go through all this hassle again, as my application has been ongoing since early January.

I don’t know why that medical support email address exists as all you get is a standard reply “ can’t discuss individual cases “ !!!! Why else would we email other than to enquire re our case ??? I doubt they are all on strike but given we can’t get a response under normal circumstances we are not likely to succeed at the present time . THIS strike ends on Saturday . According to the BBC and the Union it is the third of a series of strikes that are planned .
It is so frustrating 😤

Thanks for your comments, the reason I ask how long the licence will be for, is that although I’m classed as HRO, quite a few posts have only been given a 1 year license as opposed to a 10.Don’t think I can go through all this hassle again, as my application has been ongoing since early January.
Quite ! I don’t know, but other members of the forum may. I get the impression that shorter licences are more likely if a person has suffered from documented serious alcohol/ drug / other relevant problems that , whilst not current , are relatively recent . Issuing a year licence in such cases is better than it being refused and gives the licence holder the opportunity to demonstrate further stability and safe driving . From what you say your offence was a one off isolated matter not linked with such issues . Your GP will doubtless confirm . That’s as far as I know anyway. Please keep us updated .

Had the all clear om my fifth blood test today and a liver scan over the last 14 months.GP replied to DVLA a month ago tomorrow after they sent forms to them and still not had a letter to book medical :cry:

Got through using the webchat got the usual response I need to phone to get the information I require. I would if someone would answer 😔

Got through using the webchat got the usual response I need to phone to get the information I require. I would if someone would answer 😔
Yeah, I know - it's murder. I tried to phone them over 50 and 60 times a day over many days in March. It doesn't seem to matter even if its just when they open or not.
Good luck.

Hopefully in the next few months they will have made a decision. Thanks for your reply price
Don’t know where to post this next query. I’ve had a weird experience. My period of disqualification ended yesterday 4/6/21. This was the correct date and up until yesterday consistently showed this . However , I e looked today and the system has changed the date to 24/6/21: adding 3 weeks. This is wrong , for although I’m not entitled to drive because I don’t have a licence ( as I’m waiting for DVLA) , I’m not now disqualified . Has anyone else had this experience of changing dates ? Price ? You are very knowledgeable and experienced: what do you think ?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off