Medical !

Convicted Driver Insurance
Same as you. Hanging in there. What next I'm not sure
I will keep you updated if I hear anything at all. It may sound dramatic, but I’m becoming exhausted and utterly desperate over the whole thing. I am on public transport for six hours a day just to get to work. If I don’t have my licence by the end July I am extremely likely to lose my job and sole source of income. I understand the punishment is mine to serve, but this wasn’t part of the deal. Hang in there is all we can do.

6 weeks and four days from the medical to licence coming through

How long was that letter to you after your medical if you don't mind me asking.
I'm 8 weeks after my medical. Apparently they have not contacted my gp (yet or never I'm not sure).
Just sitting here in limbo.
They contacted my GP first I then received my letter to make an appointment for my medical. I had my medical last Wednesday. I hope I don't have much of a wait.

How long was that letter to you after your medical if you don't mind me asking.
I'm 8 weeks after my medical. Apparently they have not contacted my gp (yet or never I'm not sure).
Just sitting here in limbo.
I heard nothing for 4 weeks after my medical so rang the DVLA ( it takes ages to get through). They said the examining Dr had not sent in the report / questionnaire. He had of course. I chased this up and it was resent. I think it is worth contacting to check they have all the information. They do no chasing, so if things don’t arrive , the case remains in limbo . It is difficult to get through on phone but I think there has been some slight improvement.

Same for me. Heard that my GP had been contacted 3 weeks ago and nothing since
My GP replied to them 2 weeks ago. Last week DVLA said email from GP not received, so I got it resent. They never seem to receive communications in relation to me .

Hi all I've booked my medical for as late as possible but the forthcoming Bank Holiday messes with the available dates. Has anybody had to approach the DVLA about going beyond the twelve weeks? What was the reaction? Am I correct that if you fail, it's a mandatory six month wait? Really not sure what to do so all advice welcome.
I went 14 weeks without before medical CDT score was 0.5, so you should be fine around the 12 weeks if I were you I wouldn’t go over the 12 weeks as it may make the process even longer which you don’t want.

They contacted my GP first I then received my letter to make an appointment for my medical. I had my medical last Wednesday. I hope I don't have much of a wait.
Did the same with me just a case of booking my medical next step.

Update They have received blood test just waiting on paperwork from the clinic, called the clinic and they will resend the paperwork.
Fingers crossed 🤞 I will be driving soon

Called today for an update, the.paperwork has still not been scanned onto the computer. I have to phone back at the end of the week. 😭

I'm not sure exactly why. He received them on May 21st.He has had one weeks holiday. The practice have also been waiting for a temp GP for the past two weeks also.
I've phoned every two weeks as a prompt. He was supposed to call me last Wednesday but didn't. The receptionist told me that the DVLA form was around 18 pages long.
My own GP declared me fit to drive on 30th April so I was hoping this would aid the process. The form went /goes to a different GP within the practice.
The previous licence was the same, he hadn't filled them in at all- it took a reminder letter from DVLA and calls from myself to get it done.

I'm not sure exactly why. He received them on May 21st.He has had one weeks holiday. The practice have also been waiting for a temp GP for the past two weeks also.
I've phoned every two weeks as a prompt. He was supposed to call me last Wednesday but didn't. The receptionist told me that the DVLA form was around 18 pages long.
My own GP declared me fit to drive on 30th April so I was hoping this would aid the process. The form went /goes to a different GP within the practice.
The previous licence was the same, he hadn't filled them in at all- it took a reminder letter from DVLA and calls from myself to get it done.
Totally unacceptable speak to the practice manager asap or inform her/him you will be making a complaint.10 weeks is insane. Mine was filled in and sent back within 2 days

Reactions: TPR
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off