Medical !

Convicted Driver Insurance
Totally unacceptable speak to the practice manager asap or inform her/him you will be making a complaint.10 weeks is insane. Mine was filled in and sent back within 2 days
the problem is that DVLA ask them to respond within 12 weeks (it used to be 6)
Perhaps you should say that you will need an appointment for the stress you are suffering due to their lethargy!

I was thinking of that the other day too.I was talking to a neighbour two days ago and her son had his done within two days also.
I don't really wish to "create waves" though and I understand how difficult it must be for the practice if they are a GP short (and only really dealing with emergency cases / current appointments).
The main reason though is that there was no timescale for return on the letter that the GP or myself received from DVLA (I checked this with GP receptionist).
Furthermore, I have read several times on this forum that GP's actually have been given 12 week timescale to return this information.
I do not know how this information was gleaned as, I say, my letter and letter sent to GP did not have any timescale given.
Under normal/previous circumstances there is a 6 week timescale printed on both our letters though not this time.
I was hoping to call the practice tomorrow to enquire if it has been sent yet as hopefully my call last week acted as a prompt though I doubt it.
I received a text on Monday from the practice to state that again there is a GP shortage so I do not think that my paperwork will be classed as "urgent" or "necessary".

At what stage did you start to check if your medical was ok / licence ? I know there’s a huge backlog but someone mentioned 3 weeks up-thread? TIA

I'm not sure exactly why. He received them on May 21st.He has had one weeks holiday. The practice have also been waiting for a temp GP for the past two weeks also.
I've phoned every two weeks as a prompt. He was supposed to call me last Wednesday but didn't. The receptionist told me that the DVLA form was around 18 pages long.
My own GP declared me fit to drive on 30th April so I was hoping this would aid the process. The form went /goes to a different GP within the practice.
The previous licence was the same, he hadn't filled them in at all- it took a reminder letter from DVLA and calls from myself to get it done.
I don’t know what was sent to your GP but the form mine was required to fill in was about 4 pages max , all tick box . This is really poor service. Not on at all. I hope it gets sorted for you .

I don’t know what was sent to your GP but the form mine was required to fill in was about 4 pages max , all tick box . This is really poor service. Not on at all. I hope it gets sorted for you .
Thanks. As far as I know it was the normal "fitness to drive" questionnaire and as I said the receptionist told me it was around 18 pages.
The most I think I can do is wait until the 12th week and then complain.
Thanks.

Yeah, particularly in these circumstances. I was basing my answer on previous experience. I assumed the OP was looking for a guide after which to call DVLA.
Thanks.
I have my medical in a weeks time so hoping it will be pretty quick getting the paperwork sorted as they have wrote to my GP already and i did a 12 months liver function tests and liver scan so my GP was onboard.

I have my medical in a weeks time so hoping it will be pretty quick getting the paperwork sorted as they have wrote to my GP already and i did a 12 months liver function tests and liver scan so my GP was onboard.
Good for you. I'm hoping that eventually when the GP returns my paperwork they will decide to issue my licence without further medical though I do not know if this is usual protocol. The letter said they wrote to him before making a decision about fitness to drive.

Good for you. I'm hoping that eventually when the GP returns my paperwork they will decide to issue my licence without further medical though I do not know if this is usual protocol. The letter said they wrote to him before making a decision about fitness to drive.
Have they written to him before granting you a medical ?

They wrote to him 10 weeks ago and he has not responded yet.
You need to get that sorted asap. Phone the doctors and speak to the practice manager and inform them that it must be returned in 12 weeks. You have to be firm or you will get nothing done

You need to get that sorted asap. Phone the doctors and speak to the practice manager and inform them that it must be returned in 12 weeks. You have to be firm or you will get nothing done
Yeah, thanks, I know. I have been calling every two weeks and he was supposed to call me last Wednesday but didn't.
I have read on this forum that he has a 12 week timescale to complete but I do not know where this information has officially been taken from.
His letter and mine did not have any timescale written - I double checked with GP receptionist.
Technically, I need to wait another two weeks before I complain really
He failed to complete previous application also, it took him 9 weeks or so plus a written reminder from DVLA and calls from myself too.

My gp was contacted before my medical in which I had on the 30th June. I received my licence yesterday.
I had done LFT tests throughout the year, I also had my last drink documented with my GP.
Hopefully your GP gets the information to the medical team ASAP.
Good luck 👍

My gp was contacted before my medical in which I had on the 30th June. I received my licence yesterday.
I had done LFT tests throughout the year, I also had my last drink documented with my GP.
Hopefully your GP gets the information to the medical team ASAP.
Good luck 👍
How many LFTs did you do? and did the abstinence start when their letter comes through telling you to, or does it start from your initial medical?

How many LFTs did you do? and did the abstinence start when their letter comes through telling you to, or does it start from your initial medical

How many LFTs did you do? and did the abstinence start when their letter comes through telling you to, or does it start from your initial medical?
I had a least 4LFTs over the year my last drink was documented in March 2020. I have stayed clear of any alcohol since then

Yeah, thanks, I know. I have been calling every two weeks and he was supposed to call me last Wednesday but didn't.
I have read on this forum that he has a 12 week timescale to complete but I do not know where this information has officially been taken from.
His letter and mine did not have any timescale written - I double checked with GP receptionist.
Technically, I need to wait another two weeks before I complain

If you are classed as dependant you need to prove a year dry and if its misuse its 6 months. 1 years 4 blood tests and six months 2 tests normally and get GP to record your last drink.

Just checked my licence status I have it back. I am so relieved its only a year one. Time to get me back on the road 🤣🤣
I'm happy for you..... The waiting is over.
Did they say anything about what will happen in a year when you want to get a longer license?
There has been some stories on here about having to somehow prove sobriety and or no drug use in that year...
Not trying to burst your bubble, it's just
I think ill be in the same boat... A lot of us probably will

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off