DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
I've learnt from studying the last 3yrs, since my ban it really is all in the mind,, the subconscious mind it's much more powerful than the concious..you have to learn how to recondition it.. I was convinced I was addicted then as soon as I found out about the dvla medical I just stopped with absolutely no trouble.. So interesting,,..
I can relate to that marina, I've pretty much been an alcoholic for 20 years, it got to a point where I had to have atleast 3 to 4 liters of cider just to get to sleep and not have crazy hallucinations, lost the driving licence and stopped drinking within a couple of weeks of knowing I had to abstain for a year.. the longest id ever been without a drink for since the age of 18 was 2 weeks before I lost my licence..
I haven't had a drink in month's now, crazy how losing your driving licence can turn your life around hey! 🙃 🤪😊..

Spoke to dvla today. They’ve scanned my DG1 form & are waiting on my GP’s dd2 forms to make a decision. Rang the GP surgery but the lady I spoke to wasn’t able to help me as her computer had frozen!! 🤦
Really?? 🤔🤔🤔
Asked her to find out if my GP had sent the forms to dvla yet as we did them on the phone the other day. Usually sent 2nd class!! Told them I don’t mind paying for a 1st class stamp 😂. Why can’t they fax or email them over or are we not in the 21st century?? 🤷‍♂️
Anyway she never got back to me & I had a hospital appointment to contend with so tomorrow I’ll walk up there, it’s not far from mine.
Also spoke to my old drug programme worker today to let him know I’ve had to put his name down. He was happy to hear I was still clean so happy days. Been clean since 2020 & was off the road banned whilst I had the problem before anyone says f**k all. 😂
Also the dvla has put me down as a priority. My ban finished 2018, yes 2018. Cheers Covid & the drug problem.
It’s my birthday next week so it would be nice to get a decision this month. Proper birthday present and a half. Even a 1 year licence would do me right now for work.
I’ll keep you all posted.
God I can taste the licence ha ha 💪😎

Do you really think you will be safe on the roads mate ? calling everybody who is dealing with your case Tossers is not the answer ? you were on heroin in 2020 "WTF"......would i feel safe in a vehicle with you ?.....you really need to stop and think where you are at. i may hate the dvla for my own reasons but if they stop people like you getting behind the wheel of a car i'm on their side.....get your act together and stop blaming everybody else

Polly your a hypocrite you got in a car drunk . For that man to get off that drug and be a functional member of society. You shoul tip your hat let me tell you somthing drink is as bad if not worse!
If you are addicted to heroin when you take it you feel better ; it’s a strong painkiller
You are no better than anyone else when you was pissed glad you didn’t do any damage

I can relate to that marina, I've pretty much been an alcoholic for 20 years, it got to a point where I had to have atleast 3 to 4 liters of cider just to get to sleep and not have crazy hallucinations, lost the driving licence and stopped drinking within a couple of weeks of knowing I had to abstain for a year.. the longest id ever been without a drink for since the age of 18 was 2 weeks before I lost my licence..
I haven't had a drink in month's now, crazy how losing your driving licence can turn your life around hey! 🙃 🤪😊..
Well done !!!!! So proud of cases like this . Look at what polly said to someone on this thread !
How’s the process going now I was a weekend drinker 13 days of nowt and 0.5 on the cdt

Spoke to dvla today. They’ve scanned my DG1 form & are waiting on my GP’s dd2 forms to make a decision. Rang the GP surgery but the lady I spoke to wasn’t able to help me as her computer had frozen!! 🤦
Really?? 🤔🤔🤔
Asked her to find out if my GP had sent the forms to dvla yet as we did them on the phone the other day. Usually sent 2nd class!! Told them I don’t mind paying for a 1st class stamp 😂. Why can’t they fax or email them over or are we not in the 21st century?? 🤷‍♂️
Anyway she never got back to me & I had a hospital appointment to contend with so tomorrow I’ll walk up there, it’s not far from mine.
Also spoke to my old drug programme worker today to let him know I’ve had to put his name down. He was happy to hear I was still clean so happy days. Been clean since 2020 & was off the road banned whilst I had the problem before anyone says f**k all. 😂
Also the dvla has put me down as a priority. My ban finished 2018, yes 2018. Cheers Covid & the drug problem.
It’s my birthday next week so it would be nice to get a decision this month. Proper birthday present and a half. Even a 1 year licence would do me right now for work.
I’ll keep you all posted.
God I can taste the licence ha ha 💪😎
Oright butty
Don’t book anything just yet , was told yesterday after they receive the letter from your gp Scanning time is up to 3 weeks!
I had my cdt test back 0.5
My doctor has wrote a good review.
Don’t listen to comments like polly mate just a horrible person!
Like a steroid head injecting his drugs saying he hates junkeys
Or someone who is not at the stage we hit butty tackling horrible problems ie drugs and moving on. She is a drink driver her self! Who is she too look down at anyone !!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣😎 peace man we are in a race now mate my letter went off last Wednesday first to post licences is back wins or just send poorly polly a photo

You giving me so much hope. Do you mind sharing how many alcohol units and when you last drank
mate asling as you don’t drink nowt for 13 days you will get a 0.5
Don’t listen to people telling you different because stress is a trigger for some people
The doctor told me it’s to catch alcoholics out and to be honest an alcoholic isn’t gonna go 2 weeks without a drink.
I was a weekend drinker 4-8 cans
And I scored 0.5 so don’t be a fool remember the two week rule!

will be fine no issues
I have heard they are contacting gps on all cases now.
Speak to your doctor mate just to be on the safe side as long as you got your doctor behind you and you don’t drink for 14 days before your blood test you will smash it.
I’ve seen people on this thread and on all my research that went to the doctor 10-20 years ago mentioned drinking and boom problem . Be honest , we have all messed up mate.
You answer no GP answers yes =no licence
Possible prosecution as well because the forms at the medical are legal forms.
Mate it’s a long process I started my app in jan , ban ended April ,medical may , it’s July and guess what still waiting

I have heard they are contacting gps on all cases now.
Speak to your doctor mate just to be on the safe side as long as you got your doctor behind you and you don’t drink for 14 days before your blood test you will smash it.
I’ve seen people on this thread and on all my research that went to the doctor 10-20 years ago mentioned drinking and boom problem . Be honest , we have all messed up mate.
You answer no GP answers yes =no licence
Possible prosecution as well because the forms at the medical are legal forms.
Mate it’s a long process I started my app in jan , ban ended April ,medical may , it’s July and guess what still waiting
Since when were they contacting GPs on all cases?? There have been people as of very recent who have not had GPs contacted. Where have you heard that from?

Since when were they contacting GPs on all cases?? There have been people as of very recent who have not had GPs contacted. Where have you heard that from?
I read it on here the other day mate.
isn’t it mad the ones who say I said ‘no to anything and then said they had their licence back within a week after their medical .
When blood tests take 3 weeks
A letter to get scanned is 3 weeks ( without a decision maker looking at it)
We are all high risk now mate
High risk means you could be seen as not as honest. Mate I’m high risk and I was just honest I made sure my doctor has got my back and god bless her she has.
I know the drink/drug or failing to provide you was guilty of might of been a blip
A mistake even. Welcome to your second punishment mate . The dvla ain’t just gonna take your word for it. My medical was on may 5th had cdt test result today 0.5
Gp wrote back last Wednesday (I know it’s a good letter)
My ban was up April this is a long and arduous legal process my friend a little white lie is actually a crime and will further complicate your case. Don’t be tempted mate just go speak to your doctor . As long as he says yes 👍 apply If not the medical costs £105 , if you fail you don’t get a refund plus’s the 90 odd quid for your application on the d1.
I promise you mate honesty is the best policy. Even just by probability on them checking them I would not lie. Also if you are well enough the dvla decision makers stuff up and you have been honest and can back that up a magistrate would give you your licence.
Sorry for the sa friend just be careful any questions I am happy to answer .
I have been on this ride since January mate and have read a lot , researched hell of a lot.

Also it would make sense for them to pause more cases because of the massive backlog.
Look at the timescale posts.
Then do the maths of the people who claim this.
Think are you on medication?
Last November a lot of new medical conditions become the law to tell the dvla.

I read it on here the other day mate.
isn’t it mad the ones who say I said ‘no to anything and then said they had their licence back within a week after their medical .
When blood tests take 3 weeks
A letter to get scanned is 3 weeks ( without a decision maker looking at it)
We are all high risk now mate
High risk means you could be seen as not as honest. Mate I’m high risk and I was just honest I made sure my doctor has got my back and god bless her she has.
I know the drink/drug or failing to provide you was guilty of might of been a blip
A mistake even. Welcome to your second punishment mate . The dvla ain’t just gonna take your word for it. My medical was on may 5th had cdt test result today 0.5
Gp wrote back last Wednesday (I know it’s a good letter)
My ban was up April this is a long and arduous legal process my friend a little white lie is actually a crime and will further complicate your case. Don’t be tempted mate just go speak to your doctor . As long as he says yes 👍 apply If not the medical costs £105 , if you fail you don’t get a refund plus’s the 90 odd quid for your application on the d1.
I promise you mate honesty is the best policy. Even just by probability on them checking them I would not lie. Also if you are well enough the dvla decision makers stuff up and you have been honest and can back that up a magistrate would give you your licence.
Sorry for the sa friend just be careful any questions I am happy to answer .
I have been on this ride since January mate and have read a lot , researched hell of a lot.
I bet to differ tbh mate. Someone on here very recently did click yes to mental health on the questionnaire (as will I have to) and their gp was not contacted and their full UK licence was given back to them 3 weeks later.

I've also been classed now as a priority case as I have a disabled child who only I am looking after day to day and need to potentially get her to a special needs school soon. I told the DVLA and they highlighted my case as priority which got accepted from the higher department and the medical letter for me is now on the way. They told me if I don't have a medical date as soon as I wanted, I can contact them for another place and they'll help me sort that. They're very much on the ball with me so far and for that, in my case, I don't have much bad to say about them. I won't be lying on my form. I've not been on sertraline for depression for 13 months and have not been to the gp at since since last June as no need to. No alcohol related issues on my GP records. Infact I told my GP I had zero units a week for having my child to look after and I never wanted to be under the influence while I'm in care of my child. So if they do contact, my GP and DVLA will work quick on my case (I like to believe). I'll be telling the DVLA doc this. They have a box to tick if they believe the gp should be contacted or not. What I've heard is the DVLA are taking what the DVLA doc says as they are just so snowed under with applications. So I really do not believe every single GP is being contacted for every single case. If you have even one red flag for what that dvla doc thinks.... That box to contact GP will be ticked and sent back to the DVLA

Last edited:
mate asling as you don’t drink nowt for 13 days you will get a 0.5
Don’t listen to people telling you different because stress is a trigger for some people
The doctor told me it’s to catch alcoholics out and to be honest an alcoholic isn’t gonna go 2 weeks without a drink.
I was a weekend drinker 4-8 cans
And I scored 0.5 so don’t be a fool remember the two week rule!
Hi, just to add...I didn't drink for 6 months whilst waiting for court date to petition my ban at the two year point. I had an independent CDT test. And mine came back 1.7 which is considered very low apparently. So I don't know how this relates to 0.5 after only abstaining for 14 days?
But hey I'm just a punter, not an expert, and would gladly take advice from more experienced people on here.
I have a question though....
My 90 day process starts September 9th this year. At what point will DVLA send out medical forms etc.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

Here is my timeline which hopefully gives others an idea and maybe some hope;

My ban ended 1st june.

- DVLA sent me application 2.5 months before ban ended mid March; I sent straight back.
- 2 months later in mid May they told me which doctor to go to for the medical.
- Medical was done 18th June.
- My license was issued 8th July, just under 3 weeks after medical!

I found out as I was checking the Gov.uk website every day. I phoned the DVLA on the 8th July to check I could actually drive and they said yes all sorted.

I don't know my CDT reading yet but will update when I get the documents in the post

Last edited:
Here is my timeline which hopefully gives others an idea and maybe some hope;
My ban ended 1st june.
- DVLA sent me application 2.5 months before ban ended mid March; I sent straight back.
- 2 months later in mid May they told me which doctor to go to for the medical.
- Medical was done 18th June.
- My license was issued 8th July, just under 3 weeks after medical!
I found out as I was checking the Gov.uk website every day. I phoned the DVLA on the 8th July to check I could actually drive and they said yes all sorted.
I don't know my CDT reading yet but will update when I get the documents in the post
Amazing! Congratulations!! Can I ask if you answered no on everything? 😊

Best thing to do is be patient. My time line as follows.

Sent application of 17th April
Scanned on system 6th May
Medical booked 7th July
Ban ends 17th July.
Stopped drinking 15weeks before test.
Answered no to everything
See what happens next the waiting games begin.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off