DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi everyone!!
So I just got off the phone from the GP who has done my dd2 form. I’m so glad when I was in the surgery last week I asked for the GP that does these dd2 forms to call me to go through it.
He asked me all the questions whilst on the phone, thank goodness!!
Normally he said he just looks at the patient’s records. It was good to chat to him. I was polite & he was very happy with me so 🤞
He said I scored 54, which is low & he’s happy to tell dvla I’m doing alright.
No doubt I’ll be called in for a urine test, but that’s alright cos I’m clean!!
I’m hoping they don’t contact my old drug worker, which could hold things up even more!! But if they do I’ve been clean since 2020 & was only on that shitty drug for 3 years, whilst I’ve been off the road I might add!!
Ok got banned in 2016. My ban finished in feb 2018. Due to the drugs & then covid happening I have left it til now to apply for my licence back.
Started the process in early March,
Got medical letter for appointment mid May,
Took medical mid June,
Doctors sent dd2 late June,
I was sent a drug questionnaire at the same time,
I’ll keep you all posted on my progress 💪
Cheers 🍻
Good luck to you! X

Hi everyone!!
So I just got off the phone from the GP who has done my dd2 form. I’m so glad when I was in the surgery last week I asked for the GP that does these dd2 forms to call me to go through it.
Normally he said he just looks at the patient’s records. It was good to chat to him. I was polite & he was very happy with me so 🤞
I’m hoping they don’t contact my old drug worker, which could hold things up even more!! But if they do I’ve been clean since 2020 & was only on that shitty drug for 3 years, whilst I’ve been off the road I might add!!
Ok got banned in 2016. My ban finished in feb 2018. Due to the drugs & then covid happening I have left it til now to apply for my licence back.
Took medical mid June,
Cheers 🍻
Ahhh well done another hurdle complete,, tick 🤣now gonna call the fuc... g snails at Swansea,, prob come off phone none the wiser and even more cheesed off 😭

Ahhh well done another hurdle complete,, tick 🤣now gonna call the fuc... g snails at Swansea,, prob come off phone none the wiser and even more cheesed off 😭
How’d the call to dvla go?? Did you get the answers you wanted?? I hope you did mate

How’d the call to dvla go?? Did you get the answers you wanted?? I hope you did mate
Hi darron,,, yes I had really helpful guy was on the phone bout 20mins...I ranted at first cause they still hadn't picked up gp report,, I explained my timescale and how it's seriously impacting on mine and families lives,,, I also said all I really need to know right now is will I have to do another 12months,, he put me on hold,, thought he was fobbing me off,, then came back after looking at my file and said it looks promising there is nothing marked as misuse or dependent, he's gonna make a note on my file of how it's impacting me to try and push it forward,,, I had a bit of a joke about it saying I hope your not fobbing me off,, but no he was in no hurry to get off the phone and seemed genuinely helpful so all in all I now feel lot more relaxed..

Hi darron,,, yes I had really helpful guy was on the phone bout 20mins...I ranted at first cause they still hadn't picked up gp report,, I explained my timescale and how it's seriously impacting on mine and families lives,,, I also said all I really need to know right now is will I have to do another 12months,, he put me on hold,, thought he was fobbing me off,, then came back after looking at my file and said it looks promising there is nothing marked as misuse or dependent, he's gonna make a note on my file of how it's impacting me to try and push it forward,,, I had a bit of a joke about it saying I hope your not fobbing me off,, but no he was in no hurry to get off the phone and seemed genuinely helpful so all in all I now feel lot more relaxed..
Amazing! Let's hope this is a step in the right direction for you!! X

Hi everyone!!
Took medical mid June,
Cheers 🍻
Hi there I have phoned my gp practise 3 times already to try and get a health check. I told them last year November I was stressed they gave me a some amitriptele and sleeping tablets to help me sleep because I am a shift worker I told them I drank 14 units of alcohol but have not seen them the past 8 months or gotten any meds. Reading these forums got me so worried. My ban ends in this November but the go won’t see me for a appointment they just say they will contact me when they receive the forms but I see someone else every time or some random gp call for phone consultation even last November was a phone consultation. Don’t know what to do my cdt test should be fine but don’t know what to do about speaking to my gp.

Hi there I have phoned my gp practise 3 times already to try and get a health check. I told them last year November I was stressed they gave me a some amitriptele and sleeping tablets to help me sleep because I am a shift worker I told them I drank 14 units of alcohol but have not seen them the past 8 months or gotten any meds. Reading these forums got me so worried. My ban ends in this November but the go won’t see me for a appointment they just say they will contact me when they receive the forms but I see someone else every time or some random gp call for phone consultation even last November was a phone consultation. Don’t know what to do my cdt test should be fine but don’t know what to do about speaking to my gp.
Hi
What I did was find out which Doctor does the dd2 forms from dvla at my surgery. It’s a pain that these days we don’t have a designated GP!!
Whilst I was at my GP’s surgery last week I asked for that GP to plz call me to discuss the dd2 forms over the phone. Thankfully he did call me, today!! 👍
I was polite & he was happy with my score once we had done the questions. It was a low score. I don’t have a drink problem, never really have but I did have to admit to drugs back in 2020. Explained it was a problem for 3 years but been clean since late 2020.
Also explained that my girlfriend is disabled & not being able to drive does cause us problems!! Doesn’t it just, that’s for sure.
Hopefully the GP got the forms sent off asap!!
Just put it to the back of my mind now & get on with life. I’ll call dvla next week for an update, to try & get my case prioritised.
So my advice would be to find out who is doing your forms at your surgery.
At mine it’s that one doctor who deals with anything non NHS.
Good luck hope it goes ok for you mate

My GP practice is relatively small but I never see the same doctor. I questioned with the last doctor I saw who does the DVLA medicals to which she replied anyone but usually the last GP you saw.

Also I emailed dvla to request my medical results & CDT score, which should be low as I’m not much of a drinker 🤞
Got a reply saying it can take up to a month for them to send me the results!! Jokers aren’t they 😂

My GP practice is relatively small but I never see the same doctor. I questioned with the last doctor I saw who does the DVLA medicals to which she replied anyone but usually the last GP you saw.
Hi mate
I would keep on & say you would like to have a telephone call to help them fill out the forms. They work differently to my GP’s then!! Again good luck with it all 🤞🤞

Hi mate
I would keep on & say you would like to have a telephone call to help them fill out the forms. They work differently to my GP’s then!! Again good luck with it all 🤞🤞
Thanks mate but I've been very lucky and got my licence back without them writing to my GP. Fully expected them to. Have last drink date and ongoing updates in my records to show. Good luck to you 👍

Also I emailed dvla to request my medical results & CDT score, which should be low as I’m not much of a drinker 🤞
Got a reply saying it can take up to a month for them to send me the results!! Jokers aren’t they 😂
That's crazy! I had my results in a couple of days without even asking for them to be sent. Fingers crossed they're only saying it can take upto a month to cover their arses and it'll be much quicker for you.

Thanks mate but I've been very lucky and got my licence back without them writing to my GP. Fully expected them to. Have last drink date and ongoing updates in my records to show. Good luck to you 👍
Can I ask if you ticked yes to any boxes? I have to tick yes to mental health and worried this will prolong getting my licence back! X

Can I ask if you ticked yes to any boxes? I have to tick yes to mental health and worried this will prolong getting my licence back! X
I ticked yes to mental health although been off meds for 18 months to which the DVLA doc documented and yes to an accident which happened the night of my DD. The DVLA doc said to me he doesn't see any reason for them to write to my GP even with the above.

I ticked yes to mental health although been off meds for 18 months to which the DVLA doc documented and yes to an accident which happened the night of my DD. The DVLA doc said to me he doesn't see any reason for them to write to my GP even with the above.
Amazing to hear! I've been off meds since June last year and will be telling dvla doc. No accident in my case so your story gives me massive hope! I was also prioritised by the DVLA a couple of days ago so hoping now my application runs through quickly. Thanks for replying, you've calmed me a little! X

Amazing to hear! I've been off meds since June last year and will be telling dvla doc. No accident in my case so your story gives me massive hope! I was also prioritised by the DVLA a couple of days ago so hoping now my application runs through quickly. Thanks for replying, you've calmed me a little! X
That is just wonderful. Do you mind sharing what you said on when your last drink was and how many units.

You giving me so much hope. Do you mind sharing how many alcohol units and when you last drank

I have my medical tomorrow my ban ends next Sunday. I haven't touched a drop for 15 weeks, I was never a big drinker anyways. I have nothing on my medical records to indicate drug or alcohol misuse. Neither have I got metal health issues. How likely are they to write to my gp. I've not been to the doctors in 10years except for my covid jabs.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off