DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hello guys, I've been lurking in the background for over 1 year, just to let you all know I had my medical last Monday and today I've received a full 10 year licence, so 8 days in total, abstained for 2 months apart from weekends but did fully abstain for 3 weeks, answered no to everything. Absolutely over the moon, got 2 days left on holiday in greece then car shopping on Thursday. So much weight lifted now. Thanks to everyone on this forum 😀
That’s fantastic! Congratulations. My medical is a week today and my ban is up on the 15th July so fingers crossed xx

My medical was 13th June and got told yesterday that it is with the medical team they have the questionnaire and the blood results and are waiting for someone to look at it.
My Ban ended 13th May, so its taken this long just to get to this stage. I applied as soon as I could and send everything off with no delay.
So I'm hoping that means they haven't contacted my GP and waiting on more Info, or else they would have said.
Fingers crossed I get a response soon I guess. :/

My medical was 13th June and got told yesterday that it is with the medical team they have the questionnaire and the blood results and are waiting for someone to look at it.
My Ban ended 13th May, so its taken this long just to get to this stage. I applied as soon as I could and send everything off with no delay.
So I'm hoping that means they haven't contacted my GP and waiting on more Info, or else they would have said.
Fingers crossed I get a response soon I guess. :/
Hi I had my medical the same day as you mate. A week later I called dvla. They told me they’d sent me a drug questionnaire & have written to my GP too!! Yayyyyy… Forms arrived Saturday so they’re filled in & getting posted later. Been to GP’s today as I called them & got no where!! Got told the surgery has invoiced the dvla so either that means they’ve done the dd2 forms already, or they’re attempting to get paid first before they do them. They wouldn’t tell me, what a joke!!
I’ll no doubt have to go in for another medical just to have a piss that they could’ve done on the first medical to save time, & money!! But this is the dvla we are talking about Ho Ho Ho!!
Hopefully they don’t have to write to my old drug programme worker cos that’ll take even bloody longer!! 🤦🤞🤞
Would you believe my ban was up February 2018!! Because I was on that shitty drug from 2017-2020 & then Covid-19 happening I’ve had to leave it til this year to get the ball rolling. Still I’m in the system so wish me luck amigo!!

Hi I had my medical the same day as you mate. A week later I called dvla. They told me they’d sent me a drug questionnaire & have written to my GP too!! Yayyyyy… Forms arrived Saturday so they’re filled in & getting posted later. Been to GP’s today as I called them & got no where!! Got told the surgery has invoiced the dvla so either that means they’ve done the dd2 forms already, or they’re attempting to get paid first before they do them. They wouldn’t tell me, what a joke!!
I’ll no doubt have to go in for another medical just to have a piss that they could’ve done on the first medical to save time, & money!! But this is the dvla we are talking about Ho Ho Ho!!
Hopefully they don’t have to write to my old drug programme worker cos that’ll take even bloody longer!! 🤦🤞🤞
Would you believe my ban was up February 2018!! Because I was on that shitty drug from 2017-2020 & then Covid-19 happening I’ve had to leave it til this year to get the ball rolling. Still I’m in the system so wish me luck amigo!!
Well it's kind of a relief that they didn't say anything about a questionnaire or they have written to my GP, but does suck for you. Sorry mate !
Hopefully yours gets sorted soon ! I mean I'll keep you updated I'm tempted to ring up again and double check that they haven't written to the GP or no questionnaire.
The time process is awful with them.
Can't believe the ban ended that long ago 😂 main thing is that your there now !!
Good luck mate

Well it's kind of a relief that they didn't say anything about a questionnaire or they have written to my GP, but does suck for you. Sorry mate !
Hopefully yours gets sorted soon ! I mean I'll keep you updated I'm tempted to ring up again and double check that they haven't written to the GP or no questionnaire.
The time process is awful with them.
Can't believe the ban ended that long ago 😂 main thing is that your there now !!
Good luck mate
Yeah man I had to pull my finger out & get it started. Miss driving so much. A
Posted the DG1 form back now, first class, so should be doing a medical again soon, watch this space!! At least you only pay for the first medical!! Dvla pick up the bill for everything else now 😎
Can anyone on here who’s had a piss test at their medical tell me if the doctor is stood there whilst you pee?? If so I hope they like a good wait cos I can’t piss with someone stood there 😂 so surely there’s at least a curtain ha ha.
Oh well I’ll keep you all posted on things as they progress 🤞🤞

Decided to post my timeline on here as others have been very useful to me.

Banned Oct 2019 for 41 Months - reduced to 32.2 Months with the DD Awareness Course.

HRO due to road side breathalyser reading - this was also my 2nd DD offence (had a 32 month ban in 2014) so I was extremely lucky to be offered the DD awareness course again.
  • 21/03/22 Posted D1 Form
  • 01/04/22 Postal Order Cashed
  • 12/04/22 Application Scanned Into DVLA System
  • 10/05/22 DVLA Posted out the Medical Letter
  • 13/05/22 Medical Letter Arrived - Booked Medical
  • 16/06/22 DVLA Medical - Answered NO to all questions.
  • 23/06/22 Full 10 Year Licence Granted (DVLA Online)
  • 27/06/22 New Photocard Licence Arrives
  • 29/06/22 Medical Results arrive - CDT recorded as 0.6% after almost 1000 days abstaining from alcohol.
Pretty much got my licence back 90 days after my initial application which I was very surprised at. Was convinced it would take considerably longer. I feel very lucky.

I've totally turned my life around after my second ban, a much happier and healthier person now that alcohol is no longer part of my life.

Getting my licence back was the last piece of the puzzle rebuilding my life..

I couldn't be happier.

Banned Oct 2019 for 41 Months - reduced to 32.2 Months with the DD Awareness Course.

HRO due to road side breathalyser reading - this was also my 2nd DD offence (had a 32 month ban in 2014) so I was extremely lucky to be offered the DD awareness course again.
  • 29/06/22 Medical Results arrive - CDT recorded as 0.6% after almost 1000 days abstaining from alcohol.
Pretty much got my licence back 90 days after my initial application which I was very surprised at. Was convinced it would take considerably longer. I feel very lucky.

I've totally turned my life around after my second ban, a much happier and healthier person now that alcohol is no longer part of my life.

I couldn't be happier.
Its a great feeling isn't it. Excellent news.
Did you request your CDT results or did they automatically send you them?

I couldn't be happier.
Lucky you!

Sent my application in March 2022 - cheque cashed mid April 2022.

Ban expired 21st June - still waiting for my medical letter 😡

Lucky you!

Sent my application in March 2022 - cheque cashed mid April 2022.

Ban expired 21st June - still waiting for my medical letter 😡
If you haven't done so already - I'd call them.

Over the course of my waiting I religiously called the DVLA twice a week, (Monday and Thursday mornings at 0800) asking for a status update. My hope was to be so annoying that they hurried me through.

I asked to be put onto the high priority list, which they told me they did. Given how quickly my case was processed I suspect that they did indeed hurry me through.

So I went to my GP’s today.
Whilst there I got the nurse to call about to see if my dd2 forms have been done.
She told me the doctor who does them is a really nice bloke!! 🤞🤞
They’ve still not been filled out,
Thankfully!!
I’ve got a call from that doctor on Tuesday to go through the forms hopefully!!
Bloody hope this works cos I’m fooked without my car due to work commitments.
🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

Still waiting on my medical letter but I got back through to DVLA after their IT system being down... Anyway, I told them I need my licence back as I have a disabled child and she may end up at a special needs school and I'm the one one who can take her. The lady said 'I'll put that down in your notes and see what I can do'...... Shall I take that as absolutely nothing is being done about it and she was just fobbing me off??! Fed up to high heaven I am!!

Still waiting on my medical letter but I got back through to DVLA after their IT system being down... Anyway, I told them I need my licence back as I have a disabled child and she may end up at a special needs school and I'm the one one who can take her. The lady said 'I'll put that down in your notes and see what I can do'...... Shall I take that as absolutely nothing is being done about it and she was just fobbing me off??! Fed up to high heaven I am!!
Yep I think probably fobbed you off.. I'm sooooo unbelievably fed up too,, I might call tomorrow and if they still haven't picked up my GPS report I'm gonna ask to speak with someone higher up,, I don't know probably get fobbed off too,,, the reports been sitting with them a month now,,,, how can they really have no idea what so ever when it's going to be scanned.. If I'm expected to show 12months abstinence I want to be getting on with it... I'm ranting I know 🤣

Yep I think probably fobbed you off.. I'm sooooo unbelievably fed up too,, I might call tomorrow and if they still haven't picked up my GPS report I'm gonna ask to speak with someone higher up,, I don't know probably get fobbed off too,,, the reports been sitting with them a month now,,,, how can they really have no idea what so ever when it's going to be scanned.. If I'm expected to show 12months abstinence I want to be getting on with it... I'm ranting I know 🤣
Sounds like a plan! Definitely call - no harm is calling again! Let me know if it works by asking to speak to someone higher up!! X

Sounds like a plan! Definitely call - no harm is calling again! Let me know if it works by asking to speak to someone higher up!! X
Will do,, look at me still awake lying here stressing,, thank the lord for this forum x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off