DVLA have released guidance for Covid-19 applications!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Recovered22

Established Member
The DVLA have now released guidance. They are not taking calls unless you are an NHS key worker and are working with a skeleton staff to insure licences for key workers and new HGV licences for lorry drivers. They are no longer taking paper licence applications and they are no longer processing existing applications.

Screenshot_20200331-205412_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200331-205420_Chrome.jpg

So does this mean I won’t be receiving my D27 renewal form from the DVLA? I am very close to 90 days remaining on my ban

I would assume so mate, it says they are not accepting any paper applications so you wouldn't be able to send it back in right now.

So does this mean I won’t be receiving my D27 renewal form from the DVLA? I am very close to 90 days remaining on my ban

Sunny

I know you won't want to hear this right now but I would anticipate a delay getting your licence back in light of what the country is going through. Hopefully, you should be back on the road before the end of the summer - I would expect probably a minimum of 6 weeks extra time. I think as soon as the government relax SOME of their measures (I didn't say ALL) the DVLA system WILL start moving again because travel & commuting are essential things that need to be relaxed first by the government before anything of a social nature.

CJ

Hi buddy I've 70 days left on my 15 month driving ban for drug driving and I've not received a d27 from the dvla,but am not sure if am classed as high risk offender,are you classed as high risk....if so how do you know....thanks

Hi buddy I've 70 days left on my 15 month driving ban for drug driving and I've not received a d27 from the dvla,but am not sure if am classed as high risk offender,are you classed as high risk....if so how do you know....thanks

Hi there
I didn't receive my D27 either, possibly because I changed address but I told them I had moved.
If you don't receive one, you can request that they send you one here https://www.gov.uk/reapply-licence-revoked but not right now because of Covid 19.
It took a few days to get the form then when I sent it back with the cheque it took arounf 2 weeks to get the letter where they give you the doctors details to book the medical.

You're a HRO if you have been banned twice in ten years.

Hope that helps.

Hi there
I didn't receive my D27 either, possibly because I changed address but I told them I had moved.
If you don't receive one, you can request that they send you one here https://www.gov.uk/reapply-licence-revoked but not right now because of Covid 19.
It took a few days to get the form then when I sent it back with the cheque it took arounf 2 weeks to get the letter where they give you the doctors details to book the medical.

You're a HRO if you have been banned twice in ten years.

Hope that helps.
Hi I've only the one offense on my licence ever the dg10 drug driving have you ever heard of anyone having a medical for drug driving

Be In no doubt that when the DVLA are up and running to their usual prehistoric capacity you will be subjected to a DVLA medical for drug driving, they will expect you to attend not one but more than likely two medicals where your urine will be screened to see if you are drug free and that you maintain to be drug free, on these medicals they may ask you to do a CDT test as well to check that if your not taking any drugs and that you haven't turned to the booze instead, you say "I've only the one offence" well it only takes one offence to seriously injure or kill someone in a drugged up state and therefore you should not of been driving, be under no illusion many drug drivers have past through this forum with a DVLA drug medical to look forward to, getting your licence back is not that easy with your conviction, you will need to meet all the DVLA standards with your current conviction and possibly be issued a one year temporary licence where DVLA can keep an eye on you for the next three years......you will need your GPs full support as to when you last took drugs so that he can clarify to the DVLA that you are drug free and continue to be drug free......you will need this medical evidence in obtaining a licence.....

Last edited:
You can bet your life if someone gets banned for DD in the next few weeks it will be processed and be shown as banned in the online checker DVLA site

i know I am a HRO because I attended TTC Drink driving course and he had told us there who was and who was not a HRO. This is my first driving offence and I am HRO because I failed to provide. (DR30)

Sunny

I know you won't want to hear this right now but I would anticipate a delay getting your licence back in light of what the country is going through. Hopefully, you should be back on the road before the end of the summer - I would expect probably a minimum of 6 weeks extra time. I think as soon as the government relax SOME of their measures (I didn't say ALL) the DVLA system WILL start moving again because travel & commuting are essential things that need to be relaxed first by the government before anything of a social nature.

CJ

Thanks for the reply,
My ban ends July 17th 2020 so I should receive my d27 by the end of this month providing everything goes well with corona and it’s all cleared up by then?

Thanks for the reply,
My ban ends July 17th 2020 so I should receive my d27 by the end of this month providing everything goes well with corona and it’s all cleared up by then?

You are being very optimistic, the Spanish flu lasted a year. This is very early days of the Corona virus, the UK government themselves have warned it could be 6 months before things return to normal.

You are being very optimistic, the Spanish flu lasted a year. This is very early days of the Corona virus, the UK government themselves have warned it could be 6 months before things return to normal.

Even if things only return to 'normal' in 6 months - the DVLA will start moving again once some lockdown measures are relaxed.

A fellow DD actually told me once that the government actually encourage banned drinkers to return to the road because they make money from fuel duty & road tax. The country's economy is going to be so shattered by the time Covid19 comes to an end that the government will be trying any avenue to claw back money somehow.

CJ

UPDATE
DVLA rang me on private number, I nearly never answered thinking Spam call.
They said license issued and I can drive as of midnight. Yesssssssssss.
So everyone who's had medical and doctors reply, they said will be processed....

KEY WORKER WILL GET PRIORITY AT ALL COSTS...
Keep safe all

This is good news for people who already have the medical and their doctors reply under their belt. Those who have the medical done but no input as of yet from their doctor will be facing delays with how busy the GP's surgeries are.

This is good news for people who already have the medical and their doctors reply under their belt. Those who have the medical done but no input as of yet from their doctor will be facing delays with how busy the GP's surgeries are.

I think I kept ringing every thew days and was RESPECTFUL TO ALL STAFF ON THE PHONE.....
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SAK THEM TO MAKE NOTES THAT GOES A LONG WAY

I think I kept ringing every thew days and was RESPECTFUL TO ALL STAFF ON THE PHONE.....
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SAK THEM TO MAKE NOTES THAT GOES A LONG WAY
Well done mate, enjoy the open road once again, hooooray for a happy story:giggle:(y)

Well done mate, enjoy the open road once again, hooooray for a happy story:giggle:(y)
Thank you. And I have to say you've been very informative with info and advice...
It's such a relief, going to buy a car next few days...
Ps I'm sure I can teach my gf to drive, am aware that any accident I will take the points etc?
She just done her provisional and theory test. Passed
Ps. Laws change this month on new theory tests apparently

I was meant to have my DVLA medical tomorrow but I rescheduled it due to having virus symptoms and was recommended to stay at home for 14 days. So I have booked this now which is 2-3 days over my deadline. I cant get in contact with DVLA and I have informed the medical centre as they told me to let DVLA know that I have rescheduled. Anyone know what on earth I can do to inform them? Obviously their line isn't working and their website is useless. I can only think to send a letter but I doubt it will be picked up?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off