DVLA have released guidance for Covid-19 applications!

Convicted Driver Insurance
Why do you have to do a medical.

It's a requirement if your deemed HRO(High risk offender) either you blew over 87.5 or had multiple offences over a 10yr period / or refused a test!
Most people that post here are HRO otherwise it's not an issue relicensing.

What about drug driving dg10

All drug driving offences make you a HRO regardless of reading. Drug drivers have a mandatory medical which is a urine test, questionnaire, your GP is written to and some have been reporting on this forum that they also faced a CDT test to check if they had taken up drinking to replace drugs.

My ban up up on the 11th June should I have received ad27 last week
You do not have to have a D27 form to apply for your licence back. You can just go to the post office and get a form D1 over the counter. The forms are identical.
BUT, neither will do you any good at the moment until DVLA say they are in a position to accept applications for driving licences again.

Hi all

I was due to do my medical on 24th March but was was cancelled due to corona . D
I notified dvla and they informed they would send out a letter. Is anyone in a similar situation and actually received the letter?
Thanks

my bans up in five days, I was not classed as hro, trucks all mot'd & taxed insured etc., but will have very limited use until the country recovers, take care all.

Hi all

I was due to do my medical on 24th March but was was cancelled due to corona . D
I notified dvla and they informed they would send out a letter. Is anyone in a similar situation and actually received the letter?
Thanks

How did you notify them? I need to do the same

Hi all

Thanks
[/
All drug driving offences make you a HRO regardless of reading. Drug drivers have a mandatory medical which is a urine test, questionnaire, your GP is written to and some have been reporting on this forum that they also faced a CDT test to check if they had taken up drinking to replace drugs.

If am classed as high risk offender for drug driving and my ban is up in 10 weeks should I have received a d27 form 3 weeks ago.....

Yes, they should send one, but they write to the address on your driving licence not the address you gave the police or the court.
you do not need a D27 to apply, you can get a D1 from the post office which is identical but there is no point sending either off at the moment as they have paused all applications whilst the virus situation remains as a ‘lockdown’. Unless you are mainstream NHS in which case they will process the paperwork, BUT, if you have to have a medical the DVLA doctors seem to have stopped doing them for now........

Yes, they should send one, but they write to the address on your driving licence not the address you gave the police or the court.
you do not need a D27 to apply, you can get a D1 from the post office which is identical but there is no point sending either off at the moment as they have paused all applications whilst the virus situation remains as a ‘lockdown’. Unless you are mainstream NHS in which case they will process the paperwork, BUT, if you have to have a medical the DVLA doctors seem to have stopped doing them for now........
How do I know if I am required to do a medical.

Hi all

Thanks
Hi Identical date!,I even received a txt reminder from DVLA appointed surgery day b4 , I attended anyway and like everywhere, locked down. I did mange to get through to DVLA and got a letter saying 12 weeks before another appointment at least. If Swansea wasnt so slow to begin with I should have been processed weeks b4 . I think their still using Quill pens as well !

Does anyone know the deal with bans ending at the moment?

Mine finished yesterday and they received my paper application 5 weeks ago, although I see their absolute refusal to do anything with that.

I don't have to do any medical or re-test, the ban has finished and all they realistically need to do is officially put my £65 in their bank. I thought I would be able to drive whilst the application is in process, but it looks like they are preventing insurers from insuring me. Anyone have any idea here? Not sure you can or should be able to legitimately stop people driving after the ban if they have no hoops to jump through.

Any help much appreciated.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off