Devastated

Convicted Driver Insurance
I hope you’re doing good!? I’m just wondering if there’s any news about your case?🤞🤞
I finally got my medical records and back in 2017 there is a red flag on there which is why i was classed as dependent. I am due bloods again for a LFT in 2 weeks that shows over 3 years regular 3 monthly tests done and i past the dvla medical last year so no longer classed as HRO. I am hoping my Gp will write to the dvla and get it changed to misuse or failing that will support me with a cover letter supporting my application. I put down my last drink as 27 august last year and it says in my letter i need to prove 12 months abstaining from that date so 90% expecting to have to go down that route :( My Gp is really good so hoping for a good outcome if i could get the dvla to agree to a medical at least i would be able to drive on a section 88 which could take until august then my 12 months would be in place. Live and hope really all for declaring 6 units on the medical form when should have put 0

I finally got my medical records and back in 2017 there is a red flag on there which is why i was classed as dependent. I am due bloods again for a LFT in 2 weeks that shows over 3 years regular 3 monthly tests done and i past the dvla medical last year so no longer classed as HRO. I am hoping my Gp will write to the dvla and get it changed to misuse or failing that will support me with a cover letter supporting my application. I put down my last drink as 27 august last year and it says in my letter i need to prove 12 months abstaining from that date so 90% expecting to have to go down that route :( My Gp is really good so hoping for a good outcome if i could get the dvla to agree to a medical at least i would be able to drive on a section 88 which could take until august then my 12 months would be in place. Live and hope really all for declaring 6 units on the medical form when should have put 0
I don’t want to upset you but in my case I put 2-3 units occasionally on my form,I’m driving the last 5 years so went back to my Gp he written a letter to DVLA saying that he suggested to stop drinking in 2015 New Year’s Eve then 2016 I’ve had a LFT showing no liver damage and I have been abstinent 4.5 years and there had not been any persistent alcohol misuse in the preceding 3 years! I’ve got the response today back from DVLA (letter was sent 28th of December 2022)”the information that has been provided indicates that you do not meet the current medical standards because it does not confirm that you meet the exceptional criteria as outlined in our previous letter “!!!

I don’t want to upset you but in my case I put 2-3 units occasionally on my form,I’m driving the last 5 years so went back to my Gp he written a letter to DVLA saying that he suggested to stop drinking in 2015 New Year’s Eve then 2016 I’ve had a LFT showing no liver damage and I have been abstinent 4.5 years and there had not been any persistent alcohol misuse in the preceding 3 years! I’ve got the response today back from DVLA (letter was sent 28th of December 2022)”the information that has been provided indicates that you do not meet the current medical standards because it does not confirm that you meet the exceptional criteria as outlined in our previous letter “!!!
I was having a DVLA medical assessment yearly which is proof of that I’m not relapsing but it’s still not enough???

So you have to prove another 12 months abstaining from alcohol ? Sorry i think you mentioned before but i cannot remember are you classed as dependent or misuse.

So you have to prove another 12 months abstaining from alcohol ? Sorry i think you mentioned before but i cannot remember are you classed as dependent or misuse.
Yep!!!! Luckily my application process started in April 2022 so in my belief (and DVLA confirmed it) I can start again in April but I’m still planning to write to the medical head as I’m not agreeing with this all situation?

Yep!!!! Luckily my application process started in April 2022 so in my belief (and DVLA confirmed it) I can start again in April but I’m still planning to write to the medical head as I’m not agreeing with this all situation?
Are you down as dependent or misuse ? The date on my letter is august so 12 months abstaining and can apply then same as you.

Sadly independent
But to be sure I’ll give them a call again tomorrow but I’m sure that what they said (apply from my last application was sent) annoyingly there are no information about lots of things,nowhere including that how many bloody years do I have to go through all of this nonsense! I know people here on this forum saying 7 years but I can’t found that anywhere???

Sadly independent
That is why 0 alcohol now if you had been misuse you could have argued you were within the guidelines. I am going to ask Gp to see if i can get mine changed to misuse it says that in my medical notes that i was misusing alcohol.

That is why 0 alcohol now if you had been misuse you could have argued you were within the guidelines. I am going to ask Gp to see if i can get mine changed to misuse it says that in my medical notes that i was misusing alcohol.
The trouble is if you were put into the bracket of independent (as they have changed the wording as well on that as it’s a life long illness and that’s a very annoying thing as well as I believe it’s much stronger than it was when my Gp used it then-and I’m sure GP’s are not aware of this significant change) you can’t make disappear,can you??

The trouble is if you were put into the bracket of independent (as they have changed the wording as well on that as it’s a life long illness and that’s a very annoying thing as well as I believe it’s much stronger than it was when my Gp used it then-and I’m sure GP’s are not aware of this significant change) you can’t make disappear,can you??
Looks like its 12 months proof abstaining for me again then i 90% expecting that. Nothing to loose getting Gp to write to them.

A6140F0D-4018-482D-8591-6E3921598906.jpeg

Absolutely!! You have got nothing to lose!!! I honestly hope you will get more luck than me!!🤞🤞🤞
It will take 10 working days for them to get the letter into their system (even so it’s an email 😂😂😂)! Mine was sent 28th of December they have got it in their system around 18th of January,called them about it last Tuesday and got the response letter today

It will take 10 working days for them to get the letter into their system (even so it’s an email 😂😂😂)! Mine was sent 28th of December they have got it in their system around 18th of January,called them about it last Tuesday and got the response letter today
Please let us know how is going?🤞🤞🤞🤞

I asked the question yesterday. What does the dvla use to class someone as dependent when they write to a GP. Other way around what would a GP class as dependent or someone misusing alcohol.

I asked the question yesterday. What does the dvla use to class someone as dependent when they write to a GP. Other way around what would a GP class as dependent or someone misusing alcohol.
They have sent a letter to my Gp in 2020!!!!!!? Referring back to 2016!!!Just before the guidelines were changed and he put me down as dependent so in my belief that letter should be irrelevant as they changed the definition on independent as well which is harsher now than they actually asked the gp- I guess it’s depends on the GPs as there is no exact or definite definition on how they are deciding-if you can understand what I’m trying to say but you can find it out on Google it do research! I can’t tell you how many many hours I’ve spent on researching and trying to find out what to do 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off