Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Some positive posts on here which is great news, and of course reassuring to those of us still serving our bans.

CJ

My advice if you're NOT a critical worker and dvla won't let you book a medical:
Complain Complain and more Complain.
Tell them to stop lying and if you give them a good reason they may eventually let you book.

Second wave may be just a couple weeks ahead and they may/will stop medicals again

Just so i know. Do you have to wait for the DVLA to give you the name of a doctor etc or can you arrange your own? What do you need from the DVLA? A code or barcode?

Just so i know. Do you have to wait for the DVLA to give you the name of a doctor etc or can you arrange your own? What do you need from the DVLA? A code or barcode?
You send a D form.
They recieve and process(may take a few weeks)
You are issued a med number.
Then they let you know where you may take the medical.
Then you book your medical yourself and 1 or 2 weeks for results
*correct me if I'm wrong

My advice if you're NOT a critical worker and dvla won't let you book a medical:
Complain Complain and more Complain.
Tell them to stop lying and if you give them a good reason they may eventually let you book.

Second wave may be just a couple weeks ahead and they may/will stop medicals again

Martini

Did you have to make a complaint in writing?

Is there a threshold test with what the DVLA say yes & no to?

All of us on this forum could easily put a strong case across as to why we need our licences back.

CJ

Just write to your local MP . Make up a good excuse as to why you need your licence back. Your gonna lose your job you work for a motor company, a little white lie, do what you have to do.write to tim Burton say the same. Keep pushing !

You send a D form.
They recieve and process(may take a few weeks)
You are issued a med number.
Then they let you know where you may take the medical.
Then you book your medical yourself and 1 or 2 weeks for results
*correct me if I'm wrong
you legend
ON the D1 form - as i want my licence back after disqualification - am i right in saying that you dont need to send proof of ID or photos?

Martini

Did you have to make a complaint in writing?

Is there a threshold test with what the DVLA say yes & no to?

All of us on this forum could easily put a strong case across as to why we need our licences back.

CJ
I made 3 complaints on the gov uk dvla site plus i emailed Tim Burton(head of medical) and lee jones(head of processing) and daily phonecalls as well.
Basically during the pandemic if you not a keyworker, you wont get a medical.
But now i think they are starting to do it

Not really helps no lol just makes me think its going to be even longer !
Clearly they are about 3 months behind .
Disgraceful.
A friend of mine is due her licence back this week and has gone for medical today so they're definitely processing in random orders as her ban was up 3 months after mine and she's only a week behind on medical! We are both West Mids though

I made 3 complaints on the gov uk dvla site plus i emailed Tim Burton(head of medical) and lee jones(head of processing) and daily phonecalls as well.
Basically during the pandemic if you not a keyworker, you wont get a medical.
But now i think they are starting to do it
do you have email address for lee jones?

A friend of mine is due her licence back this week and has gone for medical today so they're definitely processing in random orders as her ban was up 3 months after mine and she's only a week behind on medical! We are both West Mids though

Hi, which Dr is doing your friend`s medical?

Hi guys, I hope you are all safe! After reading through all the posts it really helped me in the right direction to get my licence back! I am due to finish my 3 year ban in September of this year and due to the covid situation I didn't receive my d27 form. I went to the post office as I eventually got through to dvla and they said to fill in a d1 form, send the right fees and sent it via signed for delivery. They received it the next day which was 1st July. I chased them for a while and didn't get anywhere. Today I called Kim from Aveley medical centre and she was such great help! She told me to try calling again and get my "M" reference number as I had received nothing at all. I called this morning and much to my surprise they picked up! Said they had checked my application and was all good on the 22nd July and coincidently sent me out a letter today which I should have in a weeks time according to them. I made sure to get my M number and called Kim back who then said she will now chase them for my paper work to get a medical in! 🥳 I'm not a key worker by the way, so I thought I would post this just to let people know there is some form of hope that the DVLA are seeming to pull their fingers out and getting us back on the roads! I hope you all received some good news soon and get back to motoring life!!

So I finally get letter from DVLA saying I can book my medical, I phone the medical centre closest to me and they say the next appointment is 27th August 🤦🏻‍♂️😂 try again DVLA, no way I’m now waiting 4 weeks for medical!

When I think of DVLA staff, I think of the scene in Airplane! when Leslie Neilson is telling the passengers a pack of lies and his nose starts to extend down the aisle.

CJ

What dr are you going to
Went to Wolverhampton from doncaster and you don't need to fast Tuesday done cdt medical will let you know how long it is taking sent forms off in March to dvla sorted my own medical when I received my m number it is the reference number thesy give you for when you ring up ask them for it then you can do your own fining of your own medical takes time keep your chin up was due my licence back 2 months ago keep on at them

Last edited:
Went to Wolverhampton from doncaster and you don't need to fast Tuesday done cdt medical will let you know how long it is taking sent forms off in March to dvla sorted my own medical when I received my m number it is the reference number thesy give you for when you ring up ask them for it then you can do your own fining of your own medical takes time keep your chin up was due my licence back 2 months ago keep on at them
The name of the medical centre??

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off