Written to my GP.. Medical records haven't arrived.

Convicted Driver Insurance
if the dvla class you as misuse you will be required to show 6 months of medical evidence to support your D1 application form and where appropriate your blood parameters have returned to normal, however a doctor can stop you from driving if your blood pressure is 180/110 any measurements below this and you need not notify dvla, but for misuse I have just gone through this for the last ten months...

if the dvla class you as misuse you will be required to show 6 months of medical evidence to support your D1 application form and where appropriate your blood parameters have returned to normal, however a doctor can stop you from driving if your blood pressure is 180/110 any measurements below this and you need not notify dvla, but for misuse I have just gone through this for the last ten months...

I'm confused. Are you saying I'll potentially have a further 6 months added where I have to show evidence? Even though the doctor has ticked that in the last 12 months there is no evidence of misuse? Also with cdt levels of 1.0%

I think if your doctor has supported you then you have a very good chance of having your licence back, the problem is with misuse a DD2 medical report from your doctor will need to filled out and sent back to dvla, not sure if this has been done with your case if it has and the doctor has reported no alcohol misuse in the last 12 months you should be fine...

I had a letter sent quoting no drinking for 6 months but they wouldn't accept it they insisted in the DD2 medical report

You probably won't see the DD2 it will go straight to your doctor you need to speak to dvla to ask if this medical questionnaire (as they call it) has been sent out, they will tell you if it has and if this is the case then you need to make an appointment with your gp to discuss the past alcohol misuse and where you at now wth your alcohol intake as so that he has no issues and document this on the DD2...

You probably won't see the DD2 it will go straight to your doctor you need to speak to dvla to ask if this medical questionnaire (as they call it) has been sent out, they will tell you if it has and if this is the case then you need to make an appointment with your gp to discuss the past alcohol misuse and where you at now wth your alcohol intake as so that he has no issues and document this on the DD2...

Oh I see! Thanks.

Well the form we have just been through was in mainly for my depression last year with the alcohol questions added on the end.

We went through everything in depth as it was the first time I've ever seen him. Once I'd explained everything he was happy with my intake etc. So I'm sure I'll have no issues with him just filling out the form of required. I'll give it until next Wednesday and give dvla a call.

No problem the form just filled out is an M2 and your quite right does ask questions alcohol related I have had both these forms filled out in the last two months if you do have any more questions for me I'm more than happy to help...

What a crappy sleep! Just can't help but think they'll refuse for six months. I think that worries me is that I ticked no to misuse/dependency on the original form as I hadn't realised that the Dr I saw in April 18 had marked me as misusing. Hopeful that don't go against me..

Hi mate I've had many sleepless nights over the same situation, I done exactly the same ticked no to all questions, what they will do is possibly refuse you as they did to me, you then reapply they then send you for another dvla medical where this time round you tick yes to alcohol misuse and any other boxes that are relevant, what I done was had a good chat to my doctor about all medical concerns so I was up to date with everything, they also investigated my anxiety and medication, once I ticked yes to the relevant questions at the dvla medical they have now accepted this, but this is not your fault you weren't to know just like I didn't...they kind of force you into admitting your alcohol misuse and then they move you forward...

Hi mate I've had many sleepless nights over the same situation, I done exactly the same ticked no to all questions, what they will do is possibly refuse you as they did to me, you then reapply they then send you for another dvla medical where this time round you tick yes to alcohol misuse and any other boxes that are relevant, what I done was had a good chat to my doctor about all medical concerns so I was up to date with everything, they also investigated my anxiety and medication, once I ticked yes to the relevant questions at the dvla medical they have now accepted this, but this is not your fault you weren't to know just like I didn't...they kind of force you into admitting your alcohol misuse and then they move you forward...

Thanks for your reply again. Do you mind if I ask about your dates etc? As in when you misused and when your medical was?

As I'm sure I've said, I'm hoping that as it was recorded 19 months previously and that the GP said he had no worries about my fitness to drive and no misuse in the last 12 months, DVLA will be lenient.

I originally sent in a D4 back in October last year renewing my class two hgv and because on that form I told them I was drinking 30 units a week and a doctors report showing a slightly elevated GGT I was revoked in January, first of all they classed me as dependent on the letter and I appealed this successfully and they changed it to misuse I couldn't argue that with an elevated GGT, in total that took me up to May where they sent me for my first dvla medical they then refused that blaming lost paperwork, my second dvla medical was in June where after that they refused again because the DD2 that my doctor had filled in ticked no to "is the drinking under control", however from April I had my first liver function test and that was normal and I collected another three of these right up to September, they then accepted this as my 6 months of medical evidence along with another dvla medical in October and another DD2 from my gp with all the corrected questions related to misuse, they have just received my M2 as well for my anxiety and meds and all ticked under control and that's where I am with it mate, 11 months later and waiting on a decision, hope that helps ...

I originally sent in a D4 back in October last year renewing my class two hgv and because on that form I told them I was drinking 30 units a week and a doctors report showing a slightly elevated GGT I was revoked in January, first of all they classed me as dependent on the letter and I appealed this successfully and they changed it to misuse I couldn't argue that with an elevated GGT, in total that took me up to May where they sent me for my first dvla medical they then refused that blaming lost paperwork, my second dvla medical was in June where after that they refused again because the DD2 that my doctor had filled in ticked no to "is the drinking under control", however from April I had my first liver function test and that was normal and I collected another three of these right up to September, they then accepted this as my 6 months of medical evidence along with another dvla medical in October and another DD2 from my gp with all the corrected questions related to misuse, they have just received my M2 as well for my anxiety and meds and all ticked under control and that's where I am with it mate, 11 months later and waiting on a decision, hope that helps ...

It does help.. Help to show how annoying the whole process is! We are in slightly different positions with similar frustrations.

I'd love to hear from someone that has been in the same situation as me, although I feel I do just have to wait for the dvla to make a decision.

DVLA now have the forms. I did ask whether I should book a other GP appointment incase they required further information. Was put on hold whilst she sought advice from the 'doctor department'. Dr opened the form whilst on the phone and said they had everything they needed, misuse was classed as 'previous' so not to worry. Also told that they may well just deal with my case now as they'd opened the form anyways.. Not getting my hopes up too much though.

Was then told to keep checking online to see if my licence has been issued rather than calling. Fingers crossed. Only been 4 years, 1 month and 2 days since I last drove a car.

DVLA have no requested even more information from my GP. This is an absolute joke!! Next GP appointment is 10th December. What else could they possibly need?! The GP has stated I haven't seen him for alcohol related issues, or anyone in 12 months, stated there is no reason I shouldn't drive. It's the alcohol questionnaire I'll be going through... The same one I've already gone through with the DVLA doctor!! What's the damn point? I am starting to think that they do this on purpose 'because they can'. I'm fuming.

More than likely they have sent a DD2 medical report to your doctor for him to complete regarding your alcohol misuse, without this medical evidence you will not move forward, if there is any evidence of alcohol issues this form will need to be completed, you can ask the dvla if it is a DD2 they will tell you and as you said you need to make an appointment with your doctor...

More than likely they have sent a DD2 medical report to your doctor for him to complete regarding your alcohol misuse, without this medical evidence you will not move forward, if there is any evidence of alcohol issues this form will need to be completed, you can ask the dvla if it is a DD2 they will tell you and as you said you need to make an appointment with your doctor...

I don't see why would they need further information if in their own words 'the misuse is spent as its 19 months old'. Literally the words said yesterday. What relevance will the information have if they're only interested in the last 6 months? There were questions in the last form that mention misuse so that, along with the original form filled out at the DVLA medical should give them all the information they need. Misuse 19 months ago, no current issues, not seen GP for alcohol related issues, no current medication or mental health issues, they have my current drinking habits and a CDG result of 1%. I'm just baffled. The DVLA medical doctor said they had everything they needed, it was when it was passed to the manager (final step) that it was then deemed that more info was required.

I don't see why they don't just have everything on one form as the questions are all similar anyway. Would take an additional few minutes to fill out and would give them everything they needed instead of the ridiculous ping pong exercise.

Do you know what questions the DD2 have? I can't find any examples.

Yes I know it's frustrating but don't believe a word they say make sure you are all over them for particularly the situation your now in, the majority of folk wont get to see the DD2 but the questionarre is directed at your doctor and is about 40 questions long regarding all issues with alcohol and wether your safe to drive and other road users, and your current drinking habits and wether your doctor supports you in regaining your licence, welcome to the misuse category....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off