Waiting time after Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
Thanks mate..have you got yours yet?
Noo... Not yet. I finally got my medical letter through last week, booked it but the wait for a medical is over a month!!

Bit of a pain in the arse.. But I'm hopeful that over the next month, whilst I'm waiting for the medical, the backlog will have eased even more. So they'll be less of a wait the other end.

Not sure how long it will take from medical to DVLA decisions, I'm expecting about 6 weeks (depending on if they ask my GP)

What was your post medical time line Mike?

Last edited:
Noo... Not yet. I finally got my medical letter through last week, booked it but the wait for a medical is over a month!!

Bit of a pain in the arse.. But I'm hopeful that over the next month, whilst I'm waiting for the medical, the backlog will have eased even more. So they'll be less of a wait the other end.

Not sure how long it will take from medical to DVLA decisions, I'm expecting about 6 weeks (depending on if they ask my GP)
My medical was on the 11th April and I received my licence yesterday. So solid 5 weeks

Does anyone know how long it sits with the medical team before they send out the letter with Doctors details? The DVLA have had my application for 3 months. I finally got through to them today and the medical dept. said it is with them to be processed. My ban ended 3 weeks ago and it seems like I shall be waiting months before I get my licence back.

Does anyone know how long it sits with the medical team before they send out the letter with Doctors details? The DVLA have had my application for 3 months. I finally got through to them today and the medical dept. said it is with them to be processed. My ban ended 3 weeks ago and it seems like I shall be waiting months before I get my licence back.
8weeks

Had my medical finally on Friday 20th may how long have people waited for results and got license back I was due mine back in February!

Had my medical finally on Friday 20th may how long have people waited for results and got license back I was due mine back in February!
It all depends if the DVLA write to your GP. They didn't mine and i got my licence back 15 days after my medical. Just keep checking online.

It all depends if the DVLA write to your GP. They didn't mine and i got my licence back 15 days after my medical. Just keep checking online.
I was waiting solid 6 weeks after my medical. My ban was over end of Feb, had medical 4th April and got my licence last week

I was waiting solid 6 weeks after my medical. My ban was over end of Feb, had medical 4th April and got my licence last week
Rubbish innit - it took me 12 weeks to get the medical letter after applying and that was my longest wait. I got my licence back 6 weeks after my ban ended. People want answers on here but everyone's story is different so we can only tell ours.

When you get the letter to book your medical what's the usual range of dates that you have to choose from? (Is it days or weeks or months into the future?)

When you get the letter to book your medical what's the usual range of dates that you have to choose from? (Is it days or weeks or months into the future?)
Mine was 4 weeks. And then doctor had a COVID so it was another week delay in the top of that

I'm still waiting to get my letter to book it, the wait is driving me mad! I'm just totally in limbo!! (Ban ended on Feb 12th! :mad:)

I'm still waiting to get my letter to book it, the wait is driving me mad! I'm just totally in limbo!! (Ban ended on Feb 12th! :mad:)
I sent my application on his in end of December didn’t get a letter to book it untill 3 weeks ago.

Call dvla today they have had blood results just waiting for report from doctor
Hiya mate,

Hope everything goes well over the next few days for you.

Out of interest did you answer YES to any of the questions on the medical? And what, if any, has your alcohol consumption been like over the last few months?

I've got my medical in 3 weeks so just trying to get my head around what to expect.

I quit drinking 31 months ago and don't have any preexisting issues with booze. Hope that means they won't bother contacting my GP - fingers crossed.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off