Medicals

Convicted Driver Insurance
I take it you haven’t heard anything yet? I rang the dvla the other day and they said it can take up to 10 days for them to scan the paperwork from the medical onto the system.
Re. Insurance, I’m in the same boat and damn, it’s expensive…
£1550 is the cheapest I can find but once 5 years have elapsed since our conviction, we no longer have to declare it to insurance companies. That’ll be December 2025 for me.
I think insurance has just gone up in general atm mines knocking around £1500 region atm I’m waiting for renewal price coming any time soon I’m expecting to cry at it , I’ve not had to declare anything since 22 renewal and currently have 6 years no claims

I’m really hoping you hear soon from dvla with good be news

I think insurance has just gone up in general atm mines knocking around £1500 region atm I’m waiting for renewal price coming any time soon I’m expecting to cry at it , I’ve not had to declare anything since 22 renewal and currently have 6 years no claims

I’m really hoping you hear soon from dvla with good be news
Thank you. Me too!

I take it you haven’t heard anything yet? I rang the dvla the other day and they said it can take up to 10 days for them to scan the paperwork from the medical onto the system.
Re. Insurance, I’m in the same boat and damn, it’s expensive…
£1550 is the cheapest I can find but once 5 years have elapsed since our conviction, we no longer have to declare it to insurance companies. That’ll be December 2025 for me.
Awww sorry for the late response was my birthday and then I had a generic letter from dvla saying that they need to write to my doctor “to ensure they have no concerns that “”your medical condition “” (anxiety and depression) affects your ability to safely control your vehicle at all times” first of all my condition is medicated and I’ve been driving for 30plus years secondly I’m not going to be driving my doctors vehicle at all times!!! lol xx

I have always found reading people’s posts and the length of time to get your results/licence back from DVLA kind of reassuring that ‘you’ are not the only one waiting anxiously for news! So thanks to everyone who posts on here.

I had my HRO medical on the 21st February and waited the so called ‘3 weeks’, as the medical doctor said I should hear within 3 weeks and the medical letter from DVLA also stated 3 weeks. Having not heard anything I rang the medical department at Swansea, numerous times; sometimes I could not even get through, as they were not taking any calls… eventually they said they are waiting for a Dr to review my application etc. Patience is not my virtue, but again I waited and nothing, so a number of calls later, I was told that they had written to the Dr who carried out my medical on the 1st March, as he’d missed answering a question!!! I then chased the medical practice regarding this and they said that they had only just replied to this request, as the Dr was on holiday the first week and he only works on a Wednesday… so this delayed matters by about 10 days. Another waiting game… so in total 5 weeks from my medical I went online (today) and saw that I have got my licence back - 10 years… relief or what, so much so I burst into tears! The stress and anguish this has caused is indescribable… but those of you also waiting will know and understand. Wishing you all well.

I have always found reading people’s posts and the length of time to get your results/licence back from DVLA kind of reassuring that ‘you’ are not the only one waiting anxiously for news! So thanks to everyone who posts on here.

I had my HRO medical on the 21st February and waited the so called ‘3 weeks’, as the medical doctor said I should hear within 3 weeks and the medical letter from DVLA also stated 3 weeks. Having not heard anything I rang the medical department at Swansea, numerous times; sometimes I could not even get through, as they were not taking any calls… eventually they said they are waiting for a Dr to review my application etc. Patience is not my virtue, but again I waited and nothing, so a number of calls later, I was told that they had written to the Dr who carried out my medical on the 1st March, as he’d missed answering a question!!! I then chased the medical practice regarding this and they said that they had only just replied to this request, as the Dr was on holiday the first week and he only works on a Wednesday… so this delayed matters by about 10 days. Another waiting game… so in total 5 weeks from my medical I went online (today) and saw that I have got my licence back - 10 years… relief or what, so much so I burst into tears! The stress and anguish this has caused is indescribable… but those of you also waiting will know and understand. Wishing you all well.! Congratulations!

I had my HRO medical on the 21st February and waited the so called ‘3 weeks’, as the medical doctor said I should hear within 3 weeks and the medical letter from DVLA also stated 3 weeks. Having not heard anything I rang the medical department at Swansea, numerous times; sometimes I could not even get through, as they were not taking any calls… eventually they said they are waiting for a Dr to review my application etc. Patience is not my virtue, but again I waited and nothing, so a number of calls later, I was told that they had written to the Dr who carried out my medical on the 1st March, as he’d missed answering a question!!! I then chased the medical practice regarding this and they said that they had only just replied to this request, as the Dr was on holiday the first week and he only works on a Wednesday… so this delayed matters by about 10 days. Another waiting game… so in total 5 weeks from my medical I went online (today) and saw that I have got my licence back - 10 years… relief or what, so much so I burst into tears! The stress and anguish this has caused is indescribable… but those of you also waiting will know and understand. Wishing you all well.
Congratulations! Enjoy your freedom! I think we all empathise with the stress, worry and frustration you’ve experienced but now it’s over. Go grab life 👍🏻

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off