Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya when I went to doctors regarding getting my first licence I was honest and told them I had 10 months abstinence, however I was refused and told I had to be abstinent for a full 12 months. As it stands now I believe they expect no alcohol at all fir around 7 years at least that's how it is if your HRO. X
All
I see is 6 years that can check back for misuse & or dependency But nothing to say if you have say 5 years ago you have to remain clean now for 6/12 months Put link up if possible please Concerning as approx 6 years ago I told GP I was drinking above recommended units doesn’t seem right to be punished now for it Although I’m teetotal 29 months and recorded alongside my GP

All
I see is 6 years that can check back for misuse & or dependency But nothing to say if you have say 5 years ago you have to remain clean now for 6/12 months Put link up if possible please Concerning as approx 6 years ago I told GP I was drinking above recommended units doesn’t seem right to be punished now for it Although I’m teetotal 29 months and recorded alongside my GP
If you are classed as dependent, they require 12 months abstinence proof. If you are lucky enough for them to reissue your licence then, you will only get a 1 year medical licence. The following year you are sent for a medical again, and if any alcohol has been declared in the previous 12 months your licence will be revoked again. This 1 year medical licence malarkey goes on for up to 6 years, therefore you are technically made to remain abstinent for this whole period. Your mate Dave down the pub who drank a bottle of brandy is one of the anomalies who slipped through the net. Most people who are classed as dependent are told they MUST give up alcohol.

If you are classed as dependent, they require 12 months abstinence proof. If you are lucky enough for them to reissue your licence then, you will only get a 1 year medical licence. The following year you are sent for a medical again, and if any alcohol has been declared in the previous 12 months your licence will be revoked again. This 1 year medical licence malarkey goes on for up to 6 years, therefore you are technically made to remain abstinent for this whole period. Your mate Dave down the pub who drank a bottle of brandy is one of the anomalies who slipped through the net. Most people who are classed as dependent are told they MUST give up alcohol.
Aye your right as dependant they mean chronic alcoholic Blazing it 24/7 Not a little few jars on a weekend time to time This page makes it sound like you’ve murdered somone it really isn’t that bad as it’s made out on here

Aye your right as dependant they mean chronic alcoholic Blazing it 24/7 Not a little few jars on a weekend time to time This page makes it sound like you’ve murdered somone it really isn’t that bad as it’s made out on here
Wrong if you are classed as dependent zero alcohol is required to regain and retain a licence

Wrong if you are classed as dependent zero alcohol is required to regain and retain a licence
Not set in stone Do you know anyone it’s happened too I know a fair few and going by everyhing you read it doesn’t always work that way case by case my friend not across the board for everyone end of story doesn’t happen Simple as

Not set in stone Do you know anyone it’s happened too I know a fair few and going by everyhing you read it doesn’t always work that way case by case my friend not across the board for everyone end of story doesn’t happen Simple as
There is so much conflicting posts on here they are giving people anxiety 90% is BS what you’ve read online 10% is about true Your not going for space x licence to go to mars Chill out man It’s only a driving licence And almost everyone will get it back unless you’re a complete crack head or chronic alcoholic

There is so much conflicting posts on here they are giving people anxiety 90% is BS what you’ve read online 10% is about true Your not going for space x licence to go to mars Chill out man It’s only a driving licence And almost everyone will get it back unless you’re a complete crack head or chronic alcoholic
The problem is my friend is getting it back and keeping it, if you are alcohol dependent you can never use alcohol again, it will clearly state on your letter….

The problem is my friend is getting it back and keeping it, if you are alcohol dependent you can never use alcohol again, it will clearly state on your letter….
What about misuse what’s the difference How do dvla look at dependant and misuse I’ve herd of a doctor you can have a social drink within the gov guidelines of units pw Again if dependant as in a can for breakfast then that’s a different ball game Missuse can be defined in many ways - social drinking is exeptable there isn’t a law in the land to stop you having a pint within the guide lines per unit per male - female pw

What about misuse what’s the difference How do dvla look at dependant and misuse I’ve herd of a doctor you can have a social drink within the gov guidelines of units pw Again if dependant as in a can for breakfast then that’s a different ball game Missuse can be defined in many ways - social drinking is exeptable there isn’t a law in the land to stop you having a pint within the guide lines per unit per male - female pw
Yes there is the Dvla law …😂

Well high courts of Europe it is Let’s get the ball rolling Protest in Swansea next month 🤣🤣
You are living in Coo coo land there has been a spate of people on here recently including myself who had regained thier licence but admited to a small amount of alcohol well within the guide lines and now licence revoked and asked by prove another 12 months abstinence.

Well high courts of Europe it is Let’s get the ball rolling Protest in Swansea next month 🤣🤣
You seem to be trying to convince yourself that you are correct so are probably in denial my friend....

Being dependent doesn't mean that you are in B&Q every morning buying Meths. It means that you have a psychological dependence to alcohol. This is not necessarily drinking every day, it can be binge drinkers, those who only drink occasionally but have 1 and have to have more, even those who come home from work and have a small sherry when they walk in every day.

If you know better, then try DVLA out with your theory. If you are classed as dependent (you might not even know they have classed you as this) try telling them you had a Baileys profiterole at Christmas. They will decline/revoke you and ask for proof of 12 months abstinence. After this 12 months, you are expected to remain abstinent FOR LIFE (or at least until a full licence is reissued to you anyway!)

Don't believe me? Read through numerous stories on this forum where people have fell foul.

You are living in Coo coo land there has been a spate of people on here recently including myself who had regained thier licence but admited to a small amount of alcohol well within the guide lines and now licence revoked and asked by prove another 12 months abstinence.
Proof ?? Stop scaremongering

You seem to be trying to convince yourself that you are correct so are probably in denial my friend....

Being dependent doesn't mean that you are in B&Q every morning buying Meths. It means that you have a psychological dependence to alcohol. This is not necessarily drinking every day, it can be binge drinkers, those who only drink occasionally but have 1 and have to have more, even those who come home from work and have a small sherry when they walk in every day.

If you know better, then try DVLA out with your theory. If you are classed as dependent (you might not even know they have classed you as this) try telling them you had a Baileys profiterole at Christmas. They will decline/revoke you and ask for proof of 12 months abstinence. After this 12 months, you are expected to remain abstinent FOR LIFE (or at least until a full licence is reissued to you anyway!)

Don't believe me? Read through numerous stories on this forum where people have fell foul.
I’d say 27 months without a beer I’m not dependant -What do you think ? I’ve seen stuff on here that’s just ridiculous and no more than giving people panic attacks with the answers I’d say your a few sandwiches short of a picnic aswel because you obviously are a drunk driver so stop going on like you’re a DVLA doctor Ffs Have a day of professor bigtom

I’d say 27 months without a beer I’m not dependant -What do you think ? I’ve seen stuff on here that’s just ridiculous and no more than giving people panic attacks with the answers I’d say your a few sandwiches short of a picnic aswel because you obviously are a drunk driver so stop going on like you’re a DVLA doctor Ffs Have a day of professor bigtom
mines easy professor I don’t drink and haven’t for 27 months Is that ok with you And stop banging on like it’s the end of the world coz you lost your licence like a baby you weren’t born with a Audi attached to your hips You got legs try waking Bell end

mines easy professor I don’t drink and haven’t for 27 months Is that ok with you And stop banging on like it’s the end of the world coz you lost your licence like a baby you weren’t born with a Audi attached to your hips You got legs try waking Bell end
When you see someone with your own eyes drinking a bottle of spirits the night before a medical and coming of a 4 th ban and pass and get his licence back nothing you say makes sense Simple as that You are probably a binge drinker and a history of alcohol or and drug abuse Because it doesn’t add up your story jusy coz you think it happened to one person doesn’t mean it’s mandatory for every single person Anyway I hope you remain of the poison and sort yourself out

When you see someone with your own eyes drinking a bottle of spirits the night before a medical and coming of a 4 th ban and pass and get his licence back nothing you say makes sense Simple as that You are probably a binge drinker and a history of alcohol or and drug abuse Because it doesn’t add up your story jusy coz you think it happened to one person doesn’t mean it’s mandatory for every single person Anyway I hope you remain of the poison and sort yourself out
You keep quoting your own posts i think you need to put your glasses on :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off