Medical date booked

Convicted Driver Insurance

Coostietightner123

Established Member
Update, after much pain and frustration I’ve managed to book my dvla medical the day before my surgery in hospital. 29th November. First FIRST GP they gave me didn’t have appointments until January. So rang up and asked for an alternative. DVLA faxed through the DD2 forms directly through to the practice. Result. Now I can have the medical. And then concentrate on the fight ahead regards pancreatic cancer. You just gotta keep scrapping. Dunno what the future holds, all you can do is concentrate on the present.
DVLA told me they may still contact my GP depending on the results from the DVLA medical and blood test, but that’s for another day.

Update, after much pain and frustration I’ve managed to book my dvla medical the day before my surgery in hospital. 29th November. First FIRST GP they gave me didn’t have appointments until January. So rang up and asked for an alternative. DVLA faxed through the DD2 forms directly through to the practice. Result. Now I can have the medical. And then concentrate on the fight ahead regards pancreatic cancer. You just gotta keep scrapping. Dunno what the future holds, all you can do is concentrate on the present.
DVLA told me they may still contact my GP depending on the results from the DVLA medical and blood test, but that’s for another day.
Glad you finally have the medical booked. Hope you're doing ok

Glad you have your medical booked @Coostietightner123 Mine is booked for 12 December. I am so nervous in case the doctor is horrible and tries to catch me out with the questions. And then the whole writing to GP thing and delays arising and I’m really worried about the civil service strikes. It was less stressful when it was all months away tbh. @Missbee how are you getting on with your GP letter?

It’s like I know I have nothing to be guilty about but feel panicked anyway, like when you are on a train and you know you have bought the right ticket but when they check it you suddenly convince yourself you’re somehow on the wrong service and are about to be fined and turfed off 😂

Glad you have your medical booked @Coostietightner123 Mine is booked for 12 December. I am so nervous in case the doctor is horrible and tries to catch me out with the questions. And then the whole writing to GP thing and delays arising and I’m really worried about the civil service strikes. It was less stressful when it was all months away tbh. @Missbee how are you getting on with your GP letter?
As long as you're telling the truth he won't be able to catch you out. The questions take less then a minute. You're going to OK 👍 my GPs are still letting my form collect dust lol so over this process. I'd take the ban all day long over this process

As long as you're telling the truth he won't be able to catch you out. The questions take less then a minute. You're going to OK 👍 my GPs are still letting my form collect dust lol so over this process. I'd take the ban all day long over this process
Thanks Missbee! Can’t you get a face to face with your GP and ask him/her to fill it out? Explain it is causing you stress? When is your ban up?

It seems to be a familiar pattern. The stress and anxiety prior to going to court, is only matched by the process to get your licence back. The closer you get to that date, the anxiety raises day by day. It’s natural to start overthinking things.
We all get it. I am however a little confused. My forms were faxed directly to the DVLA appointed GP. All I have to take with me is a letter confirming my appointment details and a part of the form that needs to be filled in if I don’t have photographic evidence of who I am, like a passport (which I do have) even the gp said I’d have a questionnaire. I don’t have one. Everything has been faxed out as I’m apparently a Priority 1 case and ban is up 8th December. So I really don’t know what this questionnaire is? Unless it’s the one you originally get which asks about your drinking or drugs or accidents etc. I sent that one back to dvla with my D2?
So a little confused I don’t know what everyone else had to take along with them.

I’ve just been asked to take the letter and photo ID. No questionnaire. Am going to ring on Monday to check what is happening- they also want the appointment paid in cash which is weird, no?
Well I paid for mine with my debit card over the phone, but I’ve paid for many medicals with cash so I don’t think that’s an issue. And that’s good to know you only have to take the letter. I’ll call DVLA tomorrow just to make sure

I’ve just been asked to take the letter and photo ID. No questionnaire. Am going to ring on Monday to check what is happening- they also want the appointment paid in cash which is weird, no?
I paid cash. I took my bank card, but he would only accept cash so I had to go find a cash point half way through my appointment 🤦🏻‍♀️

I paid cash. I took my bank card, but he would only accept cash so I had to go find a cash point half way through my appointment 🤦🏻‍♀️
My medical is with a private healthcare group called NPH. They took payment over the phone £118.00 quid lol ah well it’ll all be worth it……Hopefully.

Let's hope before Xmas we are both back on the road again!
I hope so BEE I’d love to think I could get this off my shoulders so I can deal with what is going to be a very difficult road ahead for me, re health issues. Let’s just hope they don’t need to contact my GP after this medical

I hope so BEE I’d love to think I could get this off my shoulders so I can deal with what is going to be a very difficult road ahead for me, re health issues. Let’s just hope they don’t need to contact my GP after this medical
Let's hope so! I feel like we're the last ones left to get them ❤️

Having your licence back will make such a difference to your situation. Let's Hooe the DVLA gods are finally looking down on you x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off