Medical booked, not long..

Convicted Driver Insurance

Andrew1

Well I bought a Medichecks test last night, then the DVLA clinic rang me to book me in for 31st March. So hopefully I have time to get the medichecks done in the next 2 weeks. Ive just worked out I drank approx 27 units over the 5th/6th March weekend. Other than that, my weekly alcohol in take is approx 12 units. Obviously not drank from the 6th, test is on 31st, will I be alright?

Well I bought a Medichecks test last night, then the DVLA clinic rang me to book me in for 31st March. So hopefully I have time to get the medichecks done in the next 2 weeks. Ive just worked out I drank approx 27 units over the 5th/6th March weekend. Other than that, my weekly alcohol in take is approx 12 units. Obviously not drank from the 6th, test is on 31st, will I be alright?
I would wait until the Medichecks results come back. They take about 7 - 10 days, so it may be borderline getting them returned in time. Like most people you also probably underestimate exactly how much you drink, so it might be touch and go with the reading.

Good luck.

I would wait until the Medichecks results come back. They take about 7 - 10 days, so it may be borderline getting them returned in time. Like most people you also probably underestimate exactly how much you drink, so it might be touch and go with the reading.

Good luck.
I'm not worried now mate , thankyou for your response though

0.8 on the 17th, not touched a drop since either
Oh wow that's amazing!! What a great result.
I do sometimes wonder whether we overthink the CDT... I know a certainly do - but your results have calmed me. I can't apply for my licence back until 16th May so God knows how long the medical will be after that and right now, I'm wondering whether 2 (measured) gins tonight will affect my scores in the long run lmao. (I know that sounds ridiculous - the anxiety around CDT/medical and passing it is just really on my mind). I drink well within and below the 14 units a week and sometimes go a few weeks without a drop so I know I'm being silly.
Anyway, you can now relax knowing you'll pass it on 31st with flying colours. Happy for you and thanks for sharing! X

Oh wow that's amazing!! What a great result.
I do sometimes wonder whether we overthink the CDT... I know a certainly do - but your results have calmed me. I can't apply for my licence back until 16th May so God knows how long the medical will be after that and right now, I'm wondering whether 2 (measured) gins tonight will affect my scores in the long run lmao. (I know that sounds ridiculous - the anxiety around CDT/medical and passing it is just really on my mind). I drink well within and below the 14 units a week and sometimes go a few weeks without a drop so I know I'm being silly.
Anyway, you can now relax knowing you'll pass it on 31st with flying colours. Happy for you and thanks for sharing! X
Medical nowdays can take up to 3weeks when you phone to book your slot in.when i received my letter,after 3 weeks was my medical booked.but for some can be quick it all depends on what slot is empty for the GP to do your medica👍

Medical nowdays can take up to 3weeks when you phone to book your slot in.when i received my letter,after 3 weeks was my medical booked.but for some can be quick it all depends on what slot is empty for the GP to do your medica👍
Brilliant thanks Mike, that's really useful info. I was worrying only earlier today as I read on the forum some people do seem to really be still struggling with their local DVLA medical practice. I'm hoping I won't be one of those as I'm so ready for being back on that road! Can I ask where abouts you are if you wouldn't mind? I'm in Cheshire 😊

Brilliant thanks Mike, that's really useful info. I was worrying only earlier today as I read on the forum some people do seem to really be still struggling with their local DVLA medical practice. I'm hoping I won't be one of those as I'm so ready for being back on that road! Can I ask where abouts you are if you wouldn't mind? I'm in Cheshire 😊
Dont worry mate you be fine.as soon as you have your letter ring them up and you be sorted hopefully it wont be a long wait🤞..iam from south wales,all the best on your application🤟🤟

The best advice I can offer for people struggling with anxiety is to not spend too long on this forum. It really messed with my mind. I drink about 12-14 units per week, 11 days before my medichecks test I drank 27 units. Medichecks test came back 0.8. had no reason to worry and if you read too much of this forum it will just make you worse with worry.
It's also gone really quite quickly up to now for me. The longest wait was once I'd sent the D1 form off (6 weeks) Then bang on 6 weeks I got a letter from the medical team (which is when I stopped drinking) . It's in Altrincham, I had to text a number with my details and the doctor got back to me the same day, booked me in for the 31st. She said the next one would be end of April.
So my licence is due back officially 27th April, the way things are going, and with my low CDT, I may we'll be driving bang on time 🙌🙌🙌

The best advice I can offer for people struggling with anxiety is to not spend too long on this forum. It really messed with my mind. I drink about 12-14 units per week, 11 days before my medichecks test I drank 27 units. Medichecks test came back 0.8. had no reason to worry and if you read too much of this forum it will just make you worse with worry.
It's also gone really quite quickly up to now for me. The longest wait was once I'd sent the D1 form off (6 weeks) Then bang on 6 weeks I got a letter from the medical team (which is when I stopped drinking) . It's in Altrincham, I had to text a number with my details and the doctor got back to me the same day, booked me in for the 31st. She said the next one would be end of April.
So my licence is due back officially 27th April, the way things are going, and with my low CDT, I may we'll be driving bang on time 🙌🙌🙌
I totally agree it does make you worse but I also think the worse cases are on here,, my partner a year ago had the hro medical,, put it this way judging on what's on this forum he shouldn't of got a 10yr licence back but he did,, they didn't contact his gp although he's never been to the gp so there's nothing there,, said he drinks in the guides but didn't abstain just cut down a bit right before the medical didn't have a low cdt score but obviously just made it.. When he was banned the second time his breath reading was so high he had community service and tagged and he seemed to sail through the medical with no background checks so who bloody knows,, anyway Andrew I also have my medical tomorrow so best of luck to you, let us know how you get on 😁

Actually Andrew, the Medichecks CDT test confirmed almost exactly what you are drinking per week. It is designed to catch those drinking to excess as the CDT levels in your blood build up over time with increased alcohol consumption.

Your consumption levels were in the main, average, even allowing for the weekend blowout.

Yes it is a worrying process that I have been through twice, but the information on the website is valuable for first timers.

Actually Andrew, the Medichecks CDT test confirmed almost exactly what you are drinking per week. It is designed to catch those drinking to excess as the CDT levels in your blood build up over time with increased alcohol consumption.

Your consumption levels were in the main, average, even allowing for the weekend blowout.

Yes it is a worrying process that I have been through twice, but the information on the website is valuable for first timers.
I was just giving my advice mate.

And it was appreciated. Made a nice change to all the horror stories I've read!
And I agree! Yes it took me 12 weeks to receive a letter to book my medical after I sent my application but I got my licence back 17 days after my medical (but because of the delay it was 7 weeks after my ban ended) but I was happy. Its not all horror stories

And I agree! Yes it took me 12 weeks to receive a letter to book my medical after I sent my application but I got my licence back 17 days after my medical (but because of the delay it was 7 weeks after my ban ended) but I was happy. Its not all horror stories
Looking at your time scales we excatly the same.but as long as everything is sorted its all good🤟🤟

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off