Medical booked, not long..

Convicted Driver Insurance
Honestly these are the type of posts that need to be on this forum also. A lot of negativity/fear/worry floating around on here. Ofcourse it's an extremely difficult time for all of us and this forum is our go-to. But having positivity posts boosts our moral so for anyone else reading this, please feel free to share you positive or fair experiences!

Honestly these are the type of posts that need to be on this forum also. A lot of negativity/fear/worry floating around on here. Ofcourse it's an extremely difficult time for all of us and this forum is our go-to. But having positivity posts boosts our moral so for anyone else reading this, please feel free to share you positive or fair experiences!
Positive posts are whats missing! Yes we've all made a mistake, that why we are all on here. But we are all not alcoholics, depressed, drug takers, multiple offenders and downers on people's mistakes.
Yes we broke the law and we could of caused soo much more sadness/trouble than what we did but people googling 'drink driving' also want help and support....not most of the negative we get on here. There are positives 😊 good luck to anyone that's getting towards the end of their ban

And I agree! Yes it took me 12 weeks to receive a letter to book my medical after I sent my application but I got my licence back 17 days after my medical (but because of the delay it was 7 weeks after my ban ended) but I was happy. Its not all horror stories
Hi Mate, do you know when you send your application off and when your medical was? I sent mine off late nov/ early dec - had my medical March 7th but still not heard back

Hi Mate, do you know when you send your application off and when your medical was? I sent mine off late nov/ early dec - had my medical March 7th but still not heard back
Well I sent mine off early June 2021 and had my medical 26th of September and checked online on the DVLA licence checker everyday and received my licence back 12th of October 2021. I know its difficult to get through but ring the DVLA to check they've received all your results/questionaire from the doctor that took your medical.

Well I sent mine off early June 2021 and had my medical 26th of September and checked online on the DVLA licence checker everyday and received my licence back 12th of October 2021. I know its difficult to get through but ring the DVLA to check they've received all your results/questionaire from the doctor that took your medical.
Thanks for the speedy reply! Ah ok, you were way earlier then! I only asked as someone on here applied in Oct, had their medical after me but got their license back already. Have rung up and they’ve got everything, just waiting on the medical team to get round to going through results etc, been checking DVLA license checker too! 🙄😭

Thanks for the speedy reply! Ah ok, you were way earlier then! I only asked as someone on here applied in Oct, had their medical after me but got their license back already. Have rung up and they’ve got everything, just waiting on the medical team to get round to going through results etc, been checking DVLA license checker too! 🙄😭
If they've received everything, not be long till you hear. Well check 10 times a day everyday online! What I did and its was the best feeling when I read a licence was issued 😂😂 not to put a downer on it but you don't want to receive a letter from the Dvla before your lience is issued online. good luck!

I totally agree it does make you worse but I also think the worse cases are on here,, my partner a year ago had the hro medical,, put it this way judging on what's on this forum he shouldn't of got a 10yr licence back but he did,, they didn't contact his gp although he's never been to the gp so there's nothing there,, said he drinks in the guides but didn't abstain just cut down a bit right before the medical didn't have a low cdt score but obviously just made it.. When he was banned the second time his breath reading was so high he had community service and tagged and he seemed to sail through the medical with no background checks so who bloody knows,, anyway Andrew I also have my medical tomorrow so best of luck to you, let us know how you get on 😁
Hi malina, read through your replies on this thread and must say you seem to have a very casual outlook. Both you and your partner have been done for Drink driving and partner twice. I did it for over 25 years without a care in the world and in the end i got caught and deserved to be punished (Blew 135) 2 year ban. It took me 3 years to get my licence back and i failed the medical first time because i had a gun ho approach to what is required to pass a strict medical for good reasons. I seriously watch what i drink these days if i need to drive/Ride motorbikes as i value and intend to retain my licence. No offence meant in any way but the reason this forum comes across harsh at times its because we are very honest amongst the longer members who help no end with each and everyone who comes on here (y)

Hi malina, read through your replies on this thread and must say you seem to have a very casual outlook. Both you and your partner have been done for Drink driving and partner twice. I did it for over 25 years without a care in the world and in the end i got caught and deserved to be punished (Blew 135) 2 year ban. It took me 3 years to get my licence back and i failed the medical first time because i had a gun ho approach to what is required to pass a strict medical for good reasons. I seriously watch what i drink these days if i need to drive/Ride motorbikes as i value and intend to retain my licence. No offence meant in any way but the reason this forum comes across harsh at times its because we are very honest amongst the longer members who help no end with each and everyone who comes on here (y)
Hi,, no offence taken, I must say I really haven't been casual about all of this, since I lost my licence the second time it really did wake me up and barely drank since, only on occasions,, its the person I live with who has a very casual approach I'm just trying to keep calm and think positive..

Hi,, no offence taken, I must say I really haven't been casual about all of this, since I lost my licence the second time it really did wake me up and barely drank since, only on occasions,, its the person I live with who has a very casual approach I'm just trying to keep calm and think positive..
Nice reply keep safe. (y)

Well today, I received one of the best things in the last 2 years. A letter from the DVLA to say my medical came back as 0.6, I'm deemed safe to drive and my licence is on its way. Even went looking at cars today.
I'm so happy this whole sorry, self inflicted affair has come to an end. From battling drink, depression, you name it...to coming out the other side a wiser, stronger, healthier person. Wouldn't have been able to get through it without Jesus. Onwards and upwards now. All the best to you guys, need any help just ask 👍

Well today, I received one of the best things in the last 2 years. A letter from the DVLA to say my medical came back as 0.6, I'm deemed safe to drive and my licence is on its way. Even went looking at cars today.
I'm so happy this whole sorry, self inflicted affair has come to an end. From battling drink, depression, you name it...to coming out the other side a wiser, stronger, healthier person. Wouldn't have been able to get through it without Jesus. Onwards and upwards now. All the best to you guys, need any help just ask 👍
That’s great news Andrew, congrats! Have you got a rough timeline of Application, medical and receiving confirmation?

Cheers

That’s great news Andrew, congrats! Have you got a rough timeline of Application, medical and receiving confirmation?

Cheers
Yeah this is off top of my head now, but it was roughly
25tb January, sent off D1 form application. 6 weeks later received letter to book medical. Booked medical for 31st March. Today received letter confirming all is ok and licence on the way.

Yeah this is off top of my head now, but it was roughly
25tb January, sent off D1 form application. 6 weeks later received letter to book medical. Booked medical for 31st March. Today received letter confirming all is ok and licence on the way.
Wow that's super quick! Lucky youuuu!! Was waiting for your update mate! Thanks for sharing, you've given me hope! Super happy for you ❤️

That’s great news! Just to put the speed into context I sent my D1 off last July, and only just booked my medical!

Wow that's super quick! Lucky youuuu!! Was waiting for your update mate! Thanks for sharing, you've given me hope! Super happy for you ❤️
Mate I am surprised aswell, but I also managed to get through on the phone, so I think they are getting on top of things now, in my opinion. Lots of prayer has helped too

Wow sorry bud, but now your medical is booked, I'm sure it will fly through

Thanks Andrew! Been driving around on Section 88 since 1-year licence expired in September, so just want it out of the way now. Like yourself I’ve been through a lot since the ban, but am much stronger for it all now. Haven’t drank in two years so I’m not worried at all.

Thanks Andrew! Been driving around on Section 88 since 1-year licence expired in September, so just want it out of the way now. Like yourself I’ve been through a lot since the ban, but am much stronger for it all now. Haven’t drank in two years so I’m not worried at all.
I know mate it's tough to have it hanging over your head. But the utter shame and embarrassment at the beginning, I wouldn't tell anyone what I'd done. Now I dont mind, I tell everyone, in the hope it night help someone else, as I wasnt arrested I was rescued

I know mate it's tough to have it hanging over your head. But the utter shame and embarrassment at the beginning, I wouldn't tell anyone what I'd done. Now I dont mind, I tell everyone, in the hope it night help someone else, as I wasnt arrested I was rescued

I’m still ashamed of what happened, but no longer feel the need to wear it like a sackcloth. I was at a dreadful point in my life and something had to give. I chose to respond to that in the wrong way. It’s how we learn from it all that’s most important and I’m still grateful no-one got hurt as a result of my actions.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off