Long road so far trying to get licence back

Convicted Driver Insurance
I’m really sorry guys I’ve got that wrong I’ve just checked my emails and it’s medicalsupport@dvla.gov.uk and I also had success with Tim.burton@dvla.gov.uk Tim Burton is the head of the medical department I had replies from both Tim sends email via Clearswift encrypted emails and after you’ve sent your emails be on the lookout for no caller ID because every phone call I’ve had from them has always been that sorry again for the confusion good luck to you all x

well thats my 1st week over after doing my blood test last tuesday now the waiy if alls gone well how long will i be waiting now anyone know

Hi Mrq2702, my blood results tuck 5 weeks to come back, I've read other post on here that blood is stored and can come back contaminated and you may require to do another CDT test, so don't drink till you here back from dvla, good luck

Hi Mrq2702, my blood results tuck 5 weeks to come back, I've read other post on here that blood is stored and can come back contaminated and you may require to do another CDT test, so don't drink till you here back from dvla, good luck
5 bloody weeks thank you i was due back on the road at the end of feb

my ban finished in august and I’m still not driving 😂😂 didn’t have my medical until November, but they’ve had the results since 9th December. They just keep saying they haven’t looked at them yet. Frustrated is an understatement
Did you manage to get your results yet???? 😲😲😲 that’s been so long !

Hi All

I dont know what to do my disqualification has been spent and I didnt get reminder from dvla for renewal driving licence I am not sure if that apply only for high risk offender? I am on DR10 endorsment blow 70mg 100ml of breath they didnt take my driving licence from me so I am not sure if I can still driving on my old deiving licence or apply fro new ones?

You need to get a D1 form from the post office and submit that to apply for your licence back.
You could have done this 56 days before your ban was up, so you will now face a delay.
You cannot drive on your old licence as that is now invalid.

You need to get a D1 form from the post office and submit that to apply for your licence back.
You could have done this 56 days before your ban was up, so you will now face a delay.
You cannot drive on your old licence as that is now invalid.
Can you apply for your new licence before the 56 days? I seem to remember the tutor who delivered our rehab course saying we could send off for new licence quite a while in advance. My ban is up 1st December 2021 so i was thinking I would send off for my new one in July 2021 to allow plenty time for a medical as i am HRO. I really would like my licence back on the date it ends as my work have accommodated me all this time even though my job description states i need my car. I keep reading of long time delays here regarding renewal of licence and its making me panic. Cheers

No, if you send off for it early they will just send it back. 56 or 90 (for HRO applications) is the earliest you can apply.

Can you apply for your new licence before the 56 days? I seem to remember the tutor who delivered our rehab course saying we could send off for new licence quite a while in advance. My ban is up 1st December 2021 so i was thinking I would send off for my new one in July 2021 to allow plenty time for a medical as i am HRO. I really would like my licence back on the date it ends as my work have accommodated me all this time even though my job description states i need my car. I keep reading of long time delays here regarding renewal of licence and its making me panic. Cheers
My ban finished on the 25th March, I sent off my form 1st of January and middle of feb I received my medical form in the post, I called up got an appointment for 18th march, My ban is finished now and I called them and they haven’t even received my blood results yet and it has been over 2 weeks. I called them yesterday they said that they are going by date order and there are a lot of people before me so might be a delay. So It doesn’t really make a difference wether you post it earlier or not. You will probably not be driving till after your ban date by reading other people’s comments they are being long with them aswell. Iv had to insure my car even though I haven’t even received my licence yet and not many insurances do this. I have around 3 weeks to hope and pray that it comes in this time else my insurance will be cancelled. What a joke

My ban finished on the 25th March, I sent off my form 1st of January and middle of feb I received my medical form in the post, I called up got an appointment for 18th march, My ban is finished now and I called them and they haven’t even received my blood results yet and it has been over 2 weeks. I called them yesterday they said that they are going by date order and there are a lot of people before me so might be a delay. So It doesn’t really make a difference wether you post it earlier or not. You will probably not be driving till after your ban date by reading other people’s comments they are being long with them aswell. Iv had to insure my car even though I haven’t even received my licence yet and not many insurances do this. I have around 3 weeks to hope and pray that it comes in this time else my insurance will be cancelled. What a joke
Do not hold your breath on it

Do not hold your breath on it
im still waiting 3 weeks this wensday blood test all done so by the time ive got it back if i ever do i may as well just have done the full ban mine ban was up in feb the 26th i done the blood test 17th of march

im still waiting 3 weeks this wensday blood test all done so by the time ive got it back if i ever do i may as well just have done the full ban mine ban was up in feb the 26th i done the blood test 17th of march
If you had not done the course you would be 3 months later applying for your licence back, and still be facing the same delay then as you are now, so there was an advantage in doing the course......

If you had not done the course you would be 3 months later applying for your licence back, and still be facing the same delay then as you are now, so there was an advantage in doing the course......
yes there is that to look at but are we talking weeks or mouths to get it back if all ok with the test

Thanks for your replies. Im hoping they mightve sorted themselves out by a few months time and caught up a bit. I will just have to send mine off 90 days before the ban end date and hope for the best.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off