Long road so far trying to get licence back

Convicted Driver Insurance

C A

Applied for licence 10th nov
Medical on 8th Dec
DVLA received paper work on 11th Dec
Still no blood from lab phoned 22th jan
3 weeks till ban is up

I hear your frustrations! The virus cancelled my course 3 times so I literally ended up doing it just before my critical date was up in October, but I'm glad I did it as it made the end of my ban 28th Sept 2020. Happy with that...but didn't get my medical until 11th Dec, had a letter to say they wrote to my GP on 22nd Dec, called my GP about something else on 11th Jan and asked if they had received a request from the DVLA, they said they hadn't. It's now 23rd Jan, coming up for 4 months after my ban was up and my GP still hasn't got back to the DVLA (as of yesterday). It's a nightmare getting hold of the DVLA to query things and they say they cannot guarantee a timeframe at the moment. This is easily one of the most frustrating and drawn out processes I've ever experienced!

Number I've been get through on 03007906806 takes about 30 mins.
My ban was 20 months last 2 months as been the worst part I was thinking do the medical pass that job done then you hit a brick wall with DVLA

my ban finished in august and I’m still not driving 😂😂 didn’t have my medical until November, but they’ve had the results since 9th December. They just keep saying they haven’t looked at them yet. Frustrated is an understatement

Well I’ve been waiting since my ban was up September 2019, blood sample taken October 2019, contacted GP November 2019 then received a letter February 2019 telling me “blah blah blah bbbblah covid blah blah unable to sort things out till July 2020 blah blah bullshit bullshit” finally received a letter November 2020 telling me I need to do a urine sample and I have to book it within 14 days of receiving this letter (cheeky c**ts) and that I have 3 months from date of letter to give my sample (even worse) or my application may be refused. I called up and tried to book it the next day to be told earliest would be 28th February 2021 as fully booked so OK!! Called end of January and got it changed to the 6th February 2021 thinking it will speed things up, went to doctors and was totally and utterly shocked to find the surgery empty 😮😲🤔 considering they was SO ****ING BUSY !!! Done my sample, pervert made me stay in his office and piss in a beaker while watching me piss so I pissed a bit on the carpet and blamed it on my shit aim and it being like a hose if I don’t hold it properly. Ok sample done short wait for decision I thought. Called up DVLA 2 weeks later to be told they haven’t received the results from the lab yet but have received paper work ???? (Brain freeze),🤬🤬🤬🤬 ok, called 3 then 4 then 5 then 6 weeks later then yesterday to hear the same thing, blaming the lab. What DVLA don’t know is that my ex girlfriends sister works at one of the labs they use in Bristol and there is no backlog of DVLA samples as they have a certain timescale they have to be tested by before they are rendered unsuitable and another sample must be taken. I speak to DVLA and they tell me it’s the results they haven’t received and apparently it’s been sampled🤔 ok maybe I thought and then called my ex girlfriends sister to be told they email them soooooooo for DVLA to know it’s been sampled but haven’t received the results would require synlab to email them but wait, wouldn’t it be easier to just send the results at the same time..... I’m smelling some serious welsh sheep shit here I am. So then I call up DVLA again and tell them people on this forum are receiving their licenses 3 weeks after providing sample, he replied “well everyone on that forum are liars” I then advised him of my friends recent encounter where his license was returned within 3 weeks of the medical and he told me his bull s**ting to. So just to let everyone know DVLA say all who have received a license recently on this site are bull shitting, yep DVLA say your all bullshitting so all of you must be liars and you can’t drive with the licenses sent to you cause none have been issued OR WAIT THERE...... my brains hurting, I’m coming to a conclusion 🤪🧐 DVLA ARE ****ING BULL SHITTING no one else and they are taking the piss on purpose, there is no point talking to their staff as they just read off a screen, useless, if everything else isn’t working **** them useless idiots off to. I’ve given up on the DVLA they have ruined my life, I haven’t had a drink or smoked a joint (back problems) since new year 2017, I’ve been kicked out of my house as I quit my job the end of 2019 with the intention of starting my own business spending my savings setting it up then using them to live during the past 19 months waiting for a decision has finally bankrupted me. What pisses me off the most is that they can still turn around and refuse me after waiting all this time and after researching the urine sample bit I’ll probably only get a 12 month license, the thought of having to go through this same shit again in a years time has drained everything from me. I’m going to research if a uk citizen can pass his test in another country because the time it’s took so far I think it might be a faster option, luckily I can speak a few languages so might be the way forward... wait there we ain’t even allowed to fly !!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 covid 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 DVLA have to realise this is ruining people, cause tremendous amounts of stress and destroying people’s mental health. So far I have completed 4 years 7 months of a 3 year driving ban, second conviction within 10 years and regret it fully and know I will never drink or drive again. I’ve seen people who blew 106 receiving there licences 3 weeks after the medical on this site and I blew 40. Surly the people who have been waiting the longest should be sorted 1st. Soz for ranting lol

Last edited:
Well I’ve been waiting since my ban was up September 2019, blood sample taken October 2019, contacted GP November 2019 then received a letter February 2019 telling me “blah blah blah bbbblah covid blah blah unable to sort things out till July 2020 blah blah bullshit bullshit” finally received a letter November 2020 telling me I need to do a urine sample and I have to book it within 14 days of receiving this letter (cheeky c**ts) and that I have 3 months from date of letter to give my sample (even worse) or my application may be refused. I called up and tried to book it the next day to be told earliest would be 28th February 2021 as fully booked so OK!! Called end of January and got it changed to the 6th February 2021 thinking it will speed things up, went to doctors and was totally and utterly shocked to find the surgery empty 😮😲🤔 considering they was SO ****ING BUSY !!! Done my sample, pervert made me stay in his office and piss in a beaker while watching me piss so I pissed a bit on the carpet and blamed it on my shit aim and it being like a hose if I don’t hold it properly. Ok sample done short wait for decision I thought. Called up DVLA 2 weeks later to be told they haven’t received the results from the lab yet but have received paper work ???? (Brain freeze),🤬🤬🤬🤬 ok, called 3 then 4 then 5 then 6 weeks later then yesterday to hear the same thing, blaming the lab. What DVLA don’t know is that my ex girlfriends sister works at one of the labs they use in Bristol and there is no backlog of DVLA samples as they have a certain timescale they have to be tested by before they are rendered unsuitable and another sample must be taken. I speak to DVLA and they tell me it’s the results they haven’t received and apparently it’s been sampled🤔 ok maybe I thought and then called my ex girlfriends sister to be told they email them soooooooo for DVLA to know it’s been sampled but haven’t received the results would require synlab to email them but wait, wouldn’t it be easier to just send the results at the same time..... I’m smelling some serious welsh sheep shit here I am. So then I call up DVLA again and tell them people on this forum are receiving their licenses 3 weeks after providing sample, he replied “well everyone on that forum are liars” I then advised him of my friends recent encounter where his license was returned within 3 weeks of the medical and he told me his bull s**ting to. So just to let everyone know DVLA say all who have received a license recently on this site are bull shitting, yep DVLA say your all bullshitting so all of you must be liars and you can’t drive with the licenses sent to you cause none have been issued OR WAIT THERE...... my brains hurting, I’m coming to a conclusion 🤪🧐 DVLA ARE ****ING BULL SHITTING no one else and they are taking the piss on purpose, there is no point talking to their staff as they just read off a screen, useless, if everything else isn’t working **** them useless idiots off to. I’ve given up on the DVLA they have ruined my life, I haven’t had a drink or smoked a joint (back problems) since new year 2017, I’ve been kicked out of my house as I quit my job the end of 2019 with the intention of starting my own business spending my savings setting it up then using them to live during the past 19 months waiting for a decision has finally bankrupted me. What pisses me off the most is that they can still turn around and refuse me after waiting all this time and after researching the urine sample bit I’ll probably only get a 12 month license, the thought of having to go through this same shit again in a years time has drained everything from me. I’m going to research if a uk citizen can pass his test in another country because the time it’s took so far I think it might be a faster option, luckily I can speak a few languages so might be the way forward... wait there we ain’t even allowed to fly !!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 covid 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 DVLA have to realise this is ruining people, cause tremendous amounts of stress and destroying people’s mental health. So far I have completed 4 years 7 months of a 3 year driving ban, second conviction within 10 years and regret it fully and know I will never drink or drive again. I’ve seen people who blew 106 receiving there licences 3 weeks after the medical on this site and I blew 40. Surly the people who have been waiting the longest should be sorted 1st. Soz for ranting lol
Try emailing medical department or Tim Burton see if that gets you anywhere good luck

Hi do you no if you have a eye test on your medical thanks
hi, no, they just ask if there are any conditions that may affect your driving. as long as you dont go looking like bubbles off trailor park boys you should be ok. They only got me to undress and gropped me abit but blood test was 2019, might have changed with the 2 meter rule

hi, no, they just ask if there are any conditions that may affect your driving. as long as you dont go looking like bubbles off trailor park boys you should be ok. They only got me to undress and gropped me abit but blood test was 2019, might have changed with the 2 meter rule
That is getting things off your chest lol.

So blood test all done last wensday 17th now the wait does anyone no how long it take from test to getting licence back is it a few weeks od longer if all went well at medical ??

The time it takes depends on several things.
How long it takes for DVLA to get the result and scan it on your system. Best results have been only 8 days.
is your CDT result very low?
do they decide to contact your GP? ( The fact that you failed to supply makes this more likely) If they do it could be 8-12 weeks to do this and review the results.

The time it takes depends on several things.
How long it takes for DVLA to get the result and scan it on your system. Best results have been only 8 days.
is your CDT result very low?
do they decide to contact your GP? ( The fact that you failed to supply makes this more likely) If they do it could be 8-12 weeks to do this and review the results.

Do you remember the DVLA medical email address? It looks like they have removed it from the contact us options on their website. You click on the link where they alternatively email here and its blank. Thanks!

AAAARRGHH Waited in (long (online and phone) long) lines and then totally blocked. We are BAD people.

Do you remember the DVLA medical email address? It looks like they have removed it from the contact us options on their website. You click on the link where they alternatively email here and its blank. Thanks!
eftd@dvla.gov.uk is the email address for the medical section, I believe

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off