License refused CDT 0.3% Please help

Convicted Driver Insurance
Yep I got that.

Which is why current CDT is just one factor.

It’s alway why when they say ‘you should show abstinence’, you should.
You should have been more to the point, then, rather than repeating what has been said already and having a dig at an imaginary man.

What's your definition of "medical"?

A medical wouldn't pick up a drink in June.

Did you mean the "medical investigation"?

Thank you for your reply BigTom. Yes, my biggest mistake was telling my GP that I drink beer every day after work back in 2018 and asking for help. It's funny how DVLA label people for their past mistakes and still issuing license to some lucky ones, I've seen Dovi88 posted on the other thread that he was admitted to hospital due to excessive alcohol binge and DVLA issued a full license..
Also, court and DVLA never told me before this letter that I can't have a single drink ever in my life again, they've waited 2 years until my ban expired to tell me so.. I wish I knew this from beginning and also about this forum.
(Sorry for my bad english)

You should have been more to the point, then, rather than repeating what has been said already and having a dig at an imaginary man.

What's your definition of "medical"?

A medical wouldn't pick up a drink in June.

Did you mean the "medical investigation"?

Oh I was totally on point when it counted, you know during those medicals I can’t define very well.

Which is I guess why I have a full license again but if you’re still unable to understand me that’s not my fault.

Good day. :)

Oh I was totally on point when it counted, you know during those medicals I can’t define very well.

Which is I guess why I have a full license again but if you’re still unable to understand me that’s not my fault.

Good day. :)
"you know during those medicals I can’t define very well."

Still dont understand and it's definitely your fault.

I have a licence, too, not that it's of any relevance.

Good day. 😊

Nemik

The DVLA medical process is very black & white. If they want proof of 12 months abstinence, they will not waver it just because you passed the CDT with flying colours. I wouldn't even bother going down an appeal route because you are on a hiding to nothing. I would simply adjust to not driving over the next six months and get some LFTs done with your GP in the meantime.

CJ
Hi CJ, I can't really agree with you about medical process being very black and white. I've been sentenced for drink driving back in december 2020, when I attended court they told me that I have 2 years ban and I've been classified as a high risk offender and that I will have to do medical when my ban will end. I have done drink driving awareness course so my ban was reduced to 1.5 years which expired July 2022, then I was waiting until October for medical to get it done. No one ever told me, not the court, not DVLA that they will require a further investigation about my medical past and that I have to be abstinent, not a single mention. Also I didn't even know that if you say to GP that you are depressed and drink beer after work that they will classify me as a dependent. After receiving letter from DVLA that they wrote to my GP for further information I googled what that means and came across this forum, othewise I wouldn't know anything about the process, DVLA don't mention any of that, obviously I wouldn't mention during my medical examination that I had a social drink in June if I would know all that beforehand. I registered last drink date and doing LFTs only because I found some helpful information here from you guys, unfortunately a bit too late.
Can someone advise me please so can i reapply next June or I will have to wait a year from the date of the refusal letter? I can't seem to find the right answer. As BigTom said above - a year of abstinence from the date of refusal letter, but some people say one year from last drink registered. I'm confused.
In a meantime I've booked an appointment with the GP who was filling out DVLA paperwork and I will try to explain them situation and ask them to email DVLA saying that I'm not dependent.

Thank you for your reply BigTom. Yes, my biggest mistake was telling my GP that I drink beer every day after work back in 2018 and asking for help. It's funny how DVLA label people for their past mistakes and still issuing license to some lucky ones, I've seen Dovi88 posted on the other thread that he was admitted to hospital due to excessive alcohol binge and DVLA issued a full license..
Also, court and DVLA never told me before this letter that I can't have a single drink ever in my life again, they've waited 2 years until my ban expired to tell me so.. I wish I knew this from beginning and also about this forum.
(Sorry for my bad english)
DVLA revoked my driving licence 10th December based on a letter(which was sent in 2020 referring to 2016), I’ve sent my application form back in 2022 April! Saying the guidelines are changed in 2021! Of course there were no information about the magnificent change! So now I’m medically unfit to drive even so I’m driving the last 5 years 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

DVLA revoked my driving licence 10th December based on a letter(which was sent in 2020 referring to 2016), I’ve sent my application form back in 2022 April! Saying the guidelines are changed in 2021! Of course there were no information about the magnificent change! So now I’m medically unfit to drive even so I’m driving the last 5 years 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Can you expand on this, please?

Why were you deemed medically unfit?

Surely 6 years have passed since the date your letter referred to.

I got a 1 year licence in 2021 and assumed getting issued a new one would be a breeze but if guidelines have changed then I'm worried.

I have twins on the way so not being able to drive will absolutely ruin my life and I think I'll just drive, anyway, and deal with the consequences later.

I got a 1 year licence in 2021 and assumed getting issued a new one would be a breeze but if guidelines have changed then I'm worried.

I have twins on the way so not being able to drive will absolutely ruin my life and I think I'll just drive, anyway, and deal with the consequences later.
It’s quite a a long story but I’ll try my best make it short,hard though as I’m extremely frustrated and angry-so I’ve had a drink driving conviction in 2014 band for driving for 3 years-done,got my license back in 2017 so ever since I’ve got my yearly licence application including a DVLA medical assessment which wasn’t a problem at all the last 5 years! So I’ve been doing this procedure year by year! Now as it’s asking on the form “have you had alcohol dependency for the last 6 years “ said no and put that on my form that I do drink 2-3 units sometimes as I have been doing it the previous years which wasn’t a problem BUT this time my application was rejected as in 2021 guidelines has changed,obviously I wasn’t aware of that so I’m not fit for they new criteria as I was supposed to be complet absence

It’s quite a a long story but I’ll try my best make it short,hard though as I’m extremely frustrated and angry-so I’ve had a drink driving conviction in 2014 band for driving for 3 years-done,got my license back in 2017 so ever since I’ve got my yearly licence application including a DVLA medical assessment which wasn’t a problem at all the last 5 years! So I’ve been doing this procedure year by year! Now as it’s asking on the form “have you had alcohol dependency for the last 6 years “ said no and put that on my form that I do drink 2-3 units sometimes as I have been doing it the previous years which wasn’t a problem BUT this time my application was rejected as in 2021 guidelines has changed,obviously I wasn’t aware of that so I’m not fit for they new criteria as I was supposed to be complet absence
Jings, that's harsh. Drink driving is silly - I'm sure you don't need to be told - but it doesn't make you an alcoholic.

I am an alcoholic and I reported that to the DVLA, hence my ban.

I've remained abstinent so hopefully I'll be OK.

I can't believe that everyone caught drink driving has to remain abstinent forever!

It seems that the less honest you are with your GP, the better, which is a sad situation.

But my question is how would I know if I even checked the new guidelines on that day when I filled out the form so it means I just should’ve been not tell the truth as the whole year had some drinks as people aren’t checking the guidelines on a daily basis 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

But my question is how would I know if I even checked the new guidelines on that day when I filled out the form so it means I just should’ve been not tell the truth as the whole year had some drinks as people aren’t checking the guidelines on a daily basis 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Yes, you responded too quickly 😂 but it seems to be that you should lie to your GP, certainly as far as alcohol is concerned.

According to your GP, you should live as a nun or monk.

Jings, that's harsh. Drink driving is silly - I'm sure you don't need to be told - but it doesn't make you an alcoholic.

I am an alcoholic and I reported that to the DVLA, hence my ban.

I've remained abstinent so hopefully I'll be OK.

I can't believe that everyone caught drink driving has to remain abstinent forever!

It seems that the less honest you are with your GP, the better, which is a sad situation.
ABSOLUTELY! Don’t ever be honest or truthful! Well done for being sober!!! Keep up and don’t drink EVER🤣as you will be punished the rest of your life anyway! I’m still fighting though! My Gp has written them a letter but who knows??? It might will take DVLA another 8 months for just digging it out from the pile

Yes, you responded too quickly 😂 but it seems to be that you should lie to your GP, certainly as far as alcohol is concerned.

According to your GP, you should live as a nun or monk.
To be honest it’s not my Gp’s fault! It’s the way how DVLA system works I believe

ABSOLUTELY! Don’t ever be honest or truthful! Well done for being sober!!! Keep up and don’t drink EVER🤣as you will be punished the rest of your life anyway! I’m still fighting though! My Gp has written them a letter but who knows??? It might will take DVLA another 8 months for just digging it out from the pile
Yup...

I'm unable to drive at the moment and it's because my insurance expired.

I'm allowed to drive on a "section 88" but will get banned for a year if I'm caught driving without insurance.

They really do f up lives of people who are trying to do the right thing.

To be honest it’s not my Gp’s fault! It’s the way how DVLA system works I believe
It is but they'll almost always contact your GP.

I know you stated it on a form but, had you told your GP that your drink from time to time, that info would likely have been fed back to the DVLA and you'd be in the same position.

It's not the GPs' fault but the DVLA should be ashamed of themselves and they're so, so far from being fit for purpose.

Yup...

I'm unable to drive at the moment and it's because my insurance expired.

I'm allowed to drive on a "section 88" but will get banned for a year if I'm caught driving without insurance.

They really do f up lives of people who are trying to do the right thing.
I do agree! Changed my life,working for AGE UK, old ladies are relaying on me but I can’t bloody drive as they are telling me I’m unfit to drive as guidelines changed and having a few glasses of wine making me an alcoholic

It is but they'll almost always contact your GP.

I know you stated it on a form but, had you told your GP that your drink from time to time, that info would likely have been fed back to the DVLA and you'd be in the same position.

It's not the GPs' fault but the DVLA should be ashamed of themselves and they're so, so far from being fit for purpose.
My gp has written them already as he couldn’t understand it either! To be honest the whole case is so confusing and in my belief the decision is extremely harsh and unfair

Plus DVLA told me that it’s not 6, it’s 7 years for some magical reason??

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off