Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
So following all this, was preparing to call my GP surgery today to chase up if they'd completed the medical form yet. Just checked the mail and received a letter from the DVLA (shockingly fast) to say I'd satisfied all checks and have received a full 10 year license.
CDT was 1.1%, which was the same as when I'd done it privately before hand, so wonder if that's my base level.

Letter from the DVLA was dated 23/07/2022, so all in all 9 months beginning to end for my license to be re-instated, was fully prepared for it to take over a year so the relief and something less to be stressing about is amazing
Glad u got sorted

At whay point did you receive your results for the blood test, I didnt get told. All I got was a refereal to my gp and 6 months later a urine test for having a drug abuse medical condition which I assumed was down to admitting id smoked 2 joints the past 3 years
Just hit 3 years since being banned for 18 months.

Last edited:
Glad u got sorted

At whay point did you receive your results for the blood test, I didnt get told. All I got was a refereal to my gp and 6 months later a urine test for having a drug abuse medical condition which I assumed was down to admitting id smoked 2 joints the past 3 years
Just hit 3 years since being banned for 18 months year.
It was part of the letter that they sent saying they had granted me my license, it had the CDT result and then the list of what the results mean

I emailed dvla asking for my CDT results, which I finally got, took them 3 weeks to reply.
Good news was my CDT score was 0.9%.
After not drinking for 3 weeks. Don’t really drink a lot, maybe a couple at the end of the month on payday…
Now I’m waiting for them to make a decision. All paperwork was scanned onto their system a week or 2 ago, at last!!
The waiting is soooo stressful it’s killing me. Sleeping like shite, it’s a right mare!! 😂
Defo learnt my lesson that’s for sure. Never again will I drink & drive EVER!! 😱🤯

I emailed dvla asking for my CDT results, which I finally got, took them 3 weeks to reply.
After not drinking for 3 weeks. Don’t really drink a lot, maybe a couple at the end of the month on payday…
Now I’m waiting for them to make a decision. All paperwork was scanned onto their system a week or 2 ago, at last!!
The waiting is soooo stressful it’s killing me. Sleeping like shite, it’s a right mare!! 😂
Defo learnt my lesson that’s for sure. Never again will I drink & drive EVER!! 😱🤯
I know guys who have been done 3 times and still drink and drive without a care in the world. (n)(n)

I know guys who have been done 3 times and still drink and drive without a care in the world. (n)(n)
I personally can't understand how people can put themselves through this over and over. It's taken such a toll on my mental health!! I have fully learnt my lesson. 9 days until my medical... 19 days until my ban ends. I just want to be back on the road and will NEVERRRRR do it again!!

I personally can't understand how people can put themselves through this over and over. It's taken such a toll on my mental health!! I have fully learnt my lesson. 9 days until my medical... 19 days until my ban ends. I just want to be back on the road and will NEVERRRRR do it again!!
People do do it again though. Years later. You can never say never unless you go T-Total.
I’m not entirely sure DD reg plates aren’t ‘marked’ also so if you just happened to be a bit hungover on a morning and drove.. Who knows…

Nah **** that!! This has been hell. My ban was finished in Feb 2018…
Due to some issues, & then Covid happening, I have had to wait til this year to get my medical done. That was in June.
I need my licence for work & it’s been a pain the last few years. Luckily Plymouth has a great bus service. I’ve been able to get to most jobs, but having a car would be so much easier especially with all the tools etc I need 😂
Yeah as for drink, well I only drink a couple at the end of the month. Prefer a shandy, bit more refreshing in this hot weather!!

Nah **** that!! This has been hell. My ban was finished in Feb 2018…
Due to some issues, & then Covid happening, I have had to wait til this year to get my medical done. That was in June.
I need my licence for work & it’s been a pain the last few years. Luckily Plymouth has a great bus service. I’ve been able to get to most jobs, but having a car would be so much easier especially with all the tools etc I need 😂
Yeah as for drink, well I only drink a couple at the end of the month. Prefer a shandy, bit more refreshing in this hot weather!!
Been horrible during lockdown, the worst timing.
Made me so resilient to lifes bad luck events now though. Like water off a ducks back after the hell of covid with no car.
Neary lost my mind a couple times during the process too. Full psycho mode with pretty bad intrusive thoughts regarding paying their office a visit, what with the complete lack of communicatiom for 3 years. They are lucky I know better than to listen to those thoughts.
Bit of meditation required 😅

Been horrible during lockdown, the worst timing.
Made me so resilient to lifes bad luck events now though. Like water off a ducks back after the hell of covid with no car.
Neary lost my mind a couple times during the process too. Full psycho mode with pretty bad intrusive thoughts regarding paying their office a visit, what with the complete lack of communicatiom for 3 years. They are lucky I know better than to listen to those thoughts.
Bit of meditation required 😅
I know how ya feel buddy!! I’ve just called dvla again!! Still waiting for them to make a decision & I’m supposed to be a priority according to dvla as my ban was finished so long ago!! I’ve done triple my ban time it’s ridiculous grrrrrrr…
I’m gonna call them every few days til they get sick to death of me ha ha ha.
It’s not easy to not think about it constantly.
Oh well best I just get on with life & I’ll get a decision soon enough 😂

I know how ya feel buddy!! I’ve just called dvla again!! Still waiting for them to make a decision & I’m supposed to be a priority according to dvla as my ban was finished so long ago!! I’ve done triple my ban time it’s ridiculous grrrrrrr…
I’m gonna call them every few days til they get sick to death of me ha ha ha.
It’s not easy to not think about it constantly.
Oh well best I just get on with life & I’ll get a decision soon enough 😂
uve actually yot throug? on what number? Ive made 170 calls with no answer at all. Just cuts me off.

uve actually yot throug? on what number? Ive made 170 calls with no answer at all. Just cuts me off.
Call 0300 790 6806 select option 1 then 2.
If they say they're too busy and to call back another time, hang up and try again... This time, listen to their options 3 times without pressing anything and you'll get through. Could take upto 45 mins but I've got through every time and I've called now about 6 times since May

Call 0300 790 6806 select option 1 then 2.
If they say they're too busy and to call back another time, hang up and try again... This time, listen to their options 3 times without pressing anything and you'll get through. Could take upto 45 mins but I've got through every time and I've called now about 6 times since may
The problem I had was that the phone cut me off automatically, ill tr again

to get that score, how long did you abstain? and what were your previous drinking habits?

So I went for my piss test medical today. I was nearly late cos I missed my stop on the bus!! Hate buses, I zoned right out!!
Had to fill out all the same DG1 forms that they sent me a few weeks back. Waste of time & paper 😂.
Doc lead me to the toilet then waited outside with the door ajar. Just about filled the pot to the line they wanted. Phew!!
Now hopefully they can make a decision. I’ve renewed my photo, as asked forever by dvla, so it’ll be nice to get a full 10 year licence.
Fingers & toes crossed 🤞
Wish me luck peeps!! Oi Oi 💪

Good luck.
After 3 years I failed my urine test. Last week.
Went to a party on the friday night and did a line rather than drink.
I was thinking my test on the monday was for alcohol, you know since id been caught drink deiving 3 years ago. But no, because id admitted to smoking weed in 2019 they decided to give me a urine drug test. I missed that on the letter.
So even though my test was 3 days later, o tested positive for coke. They told me they think I am dependant on drugs and want me to abstain from drugs and alcohol for 1 year (and continue to abstain there after) which means they will probably spot test me now and again.
So angry as ive been clran of everything for 2 years.
I can re apply in 8 months. And i have to somehow vuild some evidence of sobriety for them to look at in 8 months. Quarterly blood tests oerhaps with my gp? No idea.
Im such a fool for doing that line. And even more of a fool for not walking out the clinic when they told me it was a drug teat not an alcohol test. (I just went with it thinking 3 days was ok. Sigh!
Cant see how I can disupte this but i will ask for a re test as it will be clean now. Id not then a year wait it is. Cant see me getting away with this in court. Anyone know anyone who has disputed a drug test and won?

Good luck.
After 3 years I failed my urine test. Last week.
Went to a party on the friday night and did a line rather than drink.
I was thinking my test on the monday was for alcohol, you know since id been caught drink deiving 3 years ago. But no, because id admitted to smoking weed in 2019 they decided to give me a urine drug test. I missed that on the letter.
So even though my test was 3 days later, o tested positive for coke. They told me they think I am dependant on drugs and want me to abstain from drugs and alcohol for 1 year (and continue to abstain there after) which means they will probably spot test me now and again.
So angry as ive been clran of everything for 2 years.
I can re apply in 8 months. And i have to somehow vuild some evidence of sobriety for them to look at in 8 months. Quarterly blood tests oerhaps with my gp? No idea.
Im such a fool for doing that line. And even more of a fool for not walking out the clinic when they told me it was a drug teat not an alcohol test. (I just went with it thinking 3 days was ok. Sigh!
Cant see how I can disupte this but i will ask for a re test as it will be clean now. Id not then a year wait it is. Cant see me getting away with this in court. Anyone know anyone who has disputed a drug test and won?
So sorry to hear that mate

just got out my medica.
this is the events

caught DD august 18.. crashed and blew 131
court 9th jan 19
3 year ban reduced to 30 months with course
classed as dependant as binge drinked at weekends!
went to medical march last year... wasnt on the forum so didnt know i had to abstain for a year
admitted having a few beers occasionally
banned for another year

just got out my medical this morning
5 minutes from going in to getting out
asked for height, weight, when last drink was, and if id had a crash due to DD, and also about if im on any medication( im on citalopram)
took bloods
DONE

i asked at the end how the questionaire was and she said theres nothing that will stop me getting my licence back, its down to the CDT score

my question is... i keep reading that you have to prove your abstinance by LFT etc... who asks for this? the dvla or the medical doctor? i phoned dvla a month ago and she said i didnt need to and my doctor said shed never heard of having to do that either?

ANY ADVICE GUYS??

what timescale are the results from dvla medical department coming back at now??

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off