DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Does anybody know how much a medical is please? I've just sent the £90 to dvla but can't find anywhere with the cost of the medical. Thanks in advance.
They will return that and ask to send the correct fee which will slow down the process. Might be worth ringing them and see if you can send the difference.

£90 is correct when you apply for your licence if you are a HRO. I think OP has sent the correct amount off to the DVLA and was just asking what the amount is when they come to do their medical.
Yes, there are 2 separate fees. You pay the £90 directly to the DVLA when you apply for your licence back. The other fee is paid directly to the Doctors practice where you have your medical. The DVLA will write to you (eventually,) telling you where to go and when to book. When you phone up, they should tell you how much it costs.

Does anybody know how much a medical is please? I've just sent the £90 to dvla but can't find anywhere with the cost of the medical. Thanks in advance.
You should receive a letter from DVLA confirming where and by whom your medical will take place. You have 12 weeks to agree a mutually convenient time/date and the fee £98.50 (was in 2021), is payable to the medical practice. Best to take cash as not all accept cards.

You should receive a letter from DVLA confirming where and by whom your medical will take place. You have 12 weeks to agree a mutually convenient time/date and the fee £98.50 (was in 2021), is payable to the medical practice. Best to take cash as not all accept cards.
That's great, thank you very much.

Mate make sure you pay the right fee phone the dvla. It took 9 month for me to get through the medical then another month as I had to pay an extra fee. As I sent the wrong fee

Ive got a letter today from DVLA saying they will pay for it, its my first ever medical and CDT test. I had a record as alcohol dependancy and license revoked a year ago, dont know, maybe lucky me,

Ive got a letter today from DVLA saying they will pay for it, its my first ever medical and CDT test. I had a record as alcohol dependancy and license revoked a year ago, dont know, maybe lucky me,

You are not high risk Dq are you? I was falling to provide a specamin. After all the research I done around it. Have you been working with the doctors for 12 months mate? I was substance addicted they cdt and drug tested me.

I dont think im HRO as never been DD and never took any drugs, just declared my dependancy, as a result license revoked, within 12 month never been to GP just questioner sent to my GP to complete a few weeks ago and now received DVLA letter to book the appointment with their medical for CDT test

I dont think im HRO as never been DD and never took any drugs, just declared my dependancy, as a result license revoked, within 12 month never been to GP just questioner sent to my GP to complete a few weeks ago and now received DVLA letter to book the appointment with their medical for CDT test

I got you sorry mate thaght You was in the high risk gang 😆. It's mad how they punish you for being honest. Is the gp supporting you application? I can remember reading that you had to show you were abstinent for 12 months. Might be different with you as you are self declaration. Long as you haven't drunk for 16 days you will be OK on the cdt. Then be able to get your licence and your life back .

Ban up 21st March 2023, hro and been classed as dependant March 2021 from medical records. Last drink August 2021
Applied through post 1st December 2022, medical letter from dvla 28th Jan and booked first appointment available 20th Feb. They contacted gp 8th March, gp replied 20th March. License back for 1 year issued 6th April but didn't receive until 13th. Cdt 0.6
Not too bad only 2-3week after ban ended as prepared for months!

Last edited:
Ban up 21st March 2023, hro and been classed as dependant March 2021 from medical records. Last drink August 2022.
Applied through post 1st December 2022, medical letter from dvla 28th Jan and booked first appointment available 20th Feb. They contacted gp 8th March, gp replied 20th March. License back for 1 year issued 6th April but didn't receive until 13th. Cdt 0.6
Not too bad only 2-3week after ban ended as

Last edited:
Ban up 21st March 2023, hro and been classed as dependant March 2021 from medical records. Last drink August 2021
Not too bad only 2-3week after ban ended as prepared for months!
Congrats! How long after you gave your CDT does it take for DVLA to get the results and issue the license? Is the CDT result goes directly to the DVLA?

Hi all, hope you’re all well.
Ive been keeping an eye on the forums for a little while now for some guidance and I’m happy to say my journey is now over !

Disqualification Ended 14th Of March 2023
Forms & Fee Sent Feb 27th 2023

(I Received the relevant forms 3 months prior but due to heavy drinking at my friends wedding in February I decided to give it sometime to clear my system.)

April 3rd 2023 received medical invitation

April 6th 2023 medical booked for 17th of May (that’s the soonest date they had)

I’ve been checking online since the day after my medical haha and last saturday (27th May) it finally changed !

Happy to see (you have a full driving licence) after so long and being worried but i’ve been issued my full 10 year licence so i’m guessing my results were good

should be coming through the post any day this week !

happy to say i’ve learned my lesson & was not worth the stress and headaches/inconveniences caused so I will not be getting behind the wheel even after having 1 drink !

the medical itself was very straight forward, I had my appointment booked for 11am, I arrived at 10:26am and I was seen by the doctor at 10:47am and came out just before 11am so that was quick

all in i stopped drinking for a total of 16 weeks before the medical

Hi all, hope you’re all well.
Ive been keeping an eye on the forums for a little while now for some guidance and I’m happy to say my journey is now over !

Disqualification Ended 14th Of March 2023
Forms & Fee Sent Feb 27th 2023

(I Received the relevant forms 3 months prior but due to heavy drinking at my friends wedding in February I decided to give it sometime to clear my system.)

April 3rd 2023 received medical invitation

April 6th 2023 medical booked for 17th of May (that’s the soonest date they had)

I’ve been checking online since the day after my medical haha and last saturday (27th May) it finally changed !

Happy to see (you have a full driving licence) after so long and being worried but i’ve been issued my full 10 year licence so i’m guessing my results were good

should be coming through the post any day this week !

happy to say i’ve learned my lesson & was not worth the stress and headaches/inconveniences caused so I will not be getting behind the wheel even after having 1 drink !

the medical itself was very straight forward, I had my appointment booked for 11am, I arrived at 10:26am and I was seen by the doctor at 10:47am and came out just before 11am so that was quick

all in i stopped drinking for a total of 16 weeks before the medical
What was your CDT level? I have just received my letter from DVLA awarding me a 1 year licence and stating my CDT level was 0.30% (after nearly 4 years alcohol free.)

I just got my Subject Access Request information and it says my cdt at my dvla medical in February was 0.7.

This was the medical I had to apply for my licence after my drink driving ban.

I was told in my refusal letter that I have to prove 12 months abstinence due to past alcohol dependence.

I am now enjoying an alcohol-free lifestyle and I will reapply at the end of October as my last drink of was 31st December 2022.

What level of cdt do I need to have in order to get my licence back?
What was your CDT level? I have just received my letter from DVLA awarding me a 1 year licence and stating my CDT level was 0.30% (after nearly 4 years alcohol free.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off