Court yesterday

Convicted Driver Insurance
Thank you. I am not leaving the house much atm. Am looking at bus routes on an app Ive downloaded as I’m feeling totally grounded atm 😢
I know this feeling well unfortunately. You are not alone. I moved a few months ago, been out a few times, this bus life is not for me, have ended up getting lost each time and getting an uber back home. Been using Google maps but maybe need a buss app like u. The word grounded hits the nail on the head. Try your best to keep your chin up

Hi everyone,

Wasn’t sure where to post this but thought I’d update you on my conviction. I got 18 months reduced to 13.5 after the course and a £1250 fine. Was happy with the result tbh. Large fine but they initially said community service or a tag! I’m a local teacher so fought against this but fine was heavy. Luckily I can pay in instalments. Thank you to everyone who has messaged me or replied to any questions I had. This site has kept me going through some very dark moments x

I blew 103 on roadside but couldn’t blow at station so was charged with failure to provide. I think I got off lightly with the ban if I’m honest. I have learned my lesson and never ever want to go through anything like this again x
thank you for you story man! i have a court at wednesday 26th , blew 87 at police station, i had a small collision with another car, hope everything will be alright! did they take your driving licence?

thank you for you story man! i have a court at wednesday 26th , blew 87 at police station, i had a small collision with another car, hope everything will be alright! did they take your driving licence?
Hi,

You will be disqualified when convicted (If you plead guilty it will be the same day and move to sentencing) Also you will be classed as a HRO so you will have too take a DVLA medical before your license can be re-issued after the ban.

Hope you are doing well, been through it....the feeling brings you down. But I hope you are ok.

Hi,

You will be disqualified when convicted (If you plead guilty it will be the same day and move to sentencing) Also you will be classed as a HRO so you will have too take a DVLA medical before your license can be re-issued after the ban.

Hope you are doing well, been through it....the feeling brings you down. But I hope you are ok.
Stu, you are one out, the reading has to be 88 or more to be a High Risk Offender and need a medical.

Thank you. I am not leaving the house much atm. Am looking at bus routes on an app Ive downloaded as I’m feeling totally grounded atm 😢
Hi it’s so hard but don’t let it define you - buses in my area were ok, on line shopping is the norm now for many, but you will find who offers you lift & if meeting people select venue on transport routes
Start small meet a friend for a coffee now we can, but don’t hide.

Thanks January. Yesterday was a very very difficult day. My anxiety is all over the place. I’m paranoid about the press as if it doesn’t get reported now then it definitely will when it goes to the teaching council. I wish I was anonymous but I live and teach in the community and there has been some malicious gossip already - people have embellished and actually made things up. I’m too embarrassed to venture out but I know that mentally I’m struggling and this is not good. My boss is supportive and has told me to take as much time as I need but not working isn’t helping either. I feel completely lost and that there’s no point to my life apart from my two children. I’m a single mum and don’t have a partner to help with lifts etc but I do have good close friends who have been by my side since it happened. If it wasn’t for them I couldn’t have coped. I just want it to be this time next year so I can look forward to getting my life on track. The punishment isn’t just the ban and fine you get, it is all encompassing and life changing. Not looking for sympathy, just struggling with the situation atm xxx

Stu, you are one out, the reading has to be 88 or more to be a High Risk Offender and need a medical.
Hi John,

My bad miss read the reading. Well atleast he won't be classed as a HRO been lucky in that regard time must of been on his side.

Good luck with court Cristof.

They didn’t physically take my licence off me but I’ve had a letter from the court saying I’m disqualified and will need to reapply. Luckily with your reading, you won’t need to do that. I hope your day in court goes well, it wasn’t as bad as I imagined. Dress smartly and show how remorseful you are. I had characters refs and a letter of apology but judge wouldn’t look at them - he was more interested in my medical history and what tablets I was on. He adjourned it at one point to find out more info about this and I think it helped (my charge was failure to provide). Good luck and let us know how you get on x

“I’ve had a letter from the court saying I’m disqualified and will need to reapply. Luckily with your reading, you won’t need to do that.”

Cristof WILL have to reapply for his / her licence at the end of the ban. This applies to everyone convicted of drink driving.

Aww right. He just won’t have the medical is it? Which form will I need to apply for? I’ve seen a D1 and a D27 mentioned?

Aww right. He just won’t have the medical is it? Which form will I need to apply for? I’ve seen a D1 and a D27 mentioned?
Correct, you have to blow 88 or more to have a medical (or fail to supply or have 2 convictions in 10 years)
DVLA should send out a D27 form 56 days before a ban is up, or 90 days before if your are HRO, but that does not always happen. If it does not arrive then it is fine to use a D1 from a post office. The forms are the same.

Correct, you have to blow 88 or more to have a medical (or fail to supply or have 2 convictions in 10 years)
DVLA should send out a D27 form 56 days before a ban is up, or 90 days before if your are HRO, but that does not always happen. If it does not arrive then it is fine to use a D1 from a post office. The forms are the same.
Due to covid & delays with dvla I got the D1 form sent it recorded so it would arrive on day 56
Got a new licence in a week. I had to move from paper licence so needed photos etc witnessed by a neighbour

They didn’t physically take my licence off me but I’ve had a letter from the court saying I’m disqualified and will need to reapply. Luckily with your reading, you won’t need to do that. I hope your day in court goes well, it wasn’t as bad as I imagined. Dress smartly and show how remorseful you are. I had characters refs and a letter of apology but judge wouldn’t look at them - he was more interested in my medical history and what tablets I was on. He adjourned it at one point to find out more info about this and I think it helped (my charge was failure to provide). Good luck and let us know how you get on x
I had to send my licence back do take a photo of your number etc

Thanks January. Yesterday was a very very difficult day. My anxiety is all over the place. I’m paranoid about the press as if it doesn’t get reported now then it definitely will when it goes to the teaching council. I wish I was anonymous but I live and teach in the community and there has been some malicious gossip already - people have embellished and actually made things up. I’m too embarrassed to venture out but I know that mentally I’m struggling and this is not good. My boss is supportive and has told me to take as much time as I need but not working isn’t helping either. I feel completely lost and that there’s no point to my life apart from my two children. I’m a single mum and don’t have a partner to help with lifts etc but I do have good close friends who have been by my side since it happened. If it wasn’t for them I couldn’t have coped. I just want it to be this time next year so I can look forward to getting my life on track. The punishment isn’t just the ban and fine you get, it is all encompassing and life changing. Not looking for sympathy, just struggling with the situation atm xxx
I thought I had got away with the press or a small one line as no press in court but clearly a slow news day & it came up in the court report & for whatever reason the reporter checked my name on their data base.
I was thrown in the deep end day after press was first on bus & then had to work not on main base but with people in the area who would have had the free paper. Support of colleagues was amazing & a dear friend who kept me on the phone until I walked into the building.
What helped as like you I’m on my own
A) making myself face things & people such as hairdresser ( who knew as. She & I always spoke re cars & she has never asked since) & shops
B) the photo in the paper had a very distinctive outfit I was wearing - gave to charity shop
C) got my head around transport routes bus & trains etc
D) on line shopping well post covid that’s the norm now
E)work I needed to keep busy is there anything you could do or can’t you due to investigation- if so any prep for next term or cpd just to keep busy
If not try to plan house jobs each day - those jobs we put off — just to get a routine
F) for me it took me a long to to forgive myself & at times it rears it’s head but I found journaling, looking at gratitude & going for walks all helped - I wrote a lot of letters I never sent - cathartic

Sadly it’s the crime that keeps on giving as you find things that are barriers to face
But, you will find out who true friends are, you will re-evaluate your life & walk tall
A day at a time, try to develop new interests & plan ahead.
You made one mistake - haven’t other people

Due to covid & delays with dvla I got the D1 form sent it recorded so it would arrive on day 56
Got a new licence in a week. I had to move from paper licence so needed photos etc witnessed by a neighbour
Good idea - I’ve already worked out when it’s 90 days before and I shall be doing the same! X

I thought I had got away with the press or a small one line as no press in court but clearly a slow news day & it came up in the court report & for whatever reason the reporter checked my name on their data base.
I was thrown in the deep end day after press was first on bus & then had to work not on main base but with people in the area who would have had the free paper. Support of colleagues was amazing & a dear friend who kept me on the phone until I walked into the building.
What helped as like you I’m on my own
A) making myself face things & people such as hairdresser ( who knew as. She & I always spoke re cars & she has never asked since) & shops
B) the photo in the paper had a very distinctive outfit I was wearing - gave to charity shop
C) got my head around transport routes bus & trains etc
D) on line shopping well post covid that’s the norm now
E)work I needed to keep busy is there anything you could do or can’t you due to investigation- if so any prep for next term or cpd just to keep busy
If not try to plan house jobs each day - those jobs we put off — just to get a routine
F) for me it took me a long to to forgive myself & at times it rears it’s head but I found journaling, looking at gratitude & going for walks all helped - I wrote a lot of letters I never sent - cathartic

Sadly it’s the crime that keeps on giving as you find things that are barriers to face
But, you will find out who true friends are, you will re-evaluate your life & walk tall
A day at a time, try to develop new interests & plan ahead.
You made one mistake - haven’t other people
Thank you January, your replies are always very helpful and you definitely have empathy with how I’m feeling. In fact, it’s lovely how supportive this forum is. I’m very grateful for all the advice I’ve been given x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off