Court yesterday

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shoegal

Well Known Member
Hi everyone,

Wasn’t sure where to post this but thought I’d update you on my conviction. I got 18 months reduced to 13.5 after the course and a £1250 fine. Was happy with the result tbh. Large fine but they initially said community service or a tag! I’m a local teacher so fought against this but fine was heavy. Luckily I can pay in instalments. Thank you to everyone who has messaged me or replied to any questions I had. This site has kept me going through some very dark moments x

I blew 103 on roadside but couldn’t blow at station so was charged with failure to provide. I think I got off lightly with the ban if I’m honest. I have learned my lesson and never ever want to go through anything like this again x

Not too bad an outcome.... did the roadside 103 get mentioned in the prosecution outline?

Not too bad an outcome.... did the roadside 103 get mentioned in the prosecution outline?
Yes it was mentioned but the prosecution lady via video link said how distressed I was attempting 4 times to give a breath at station. She recommended a lower tariff based on this. Judge adjourned it at one point to find out more about my medical history and stress/anxiety meds. It goes back over 13 years and he was sympathetic to this x

Reactions: TPR
At least that part is behind you - I used my tesco card to pay my fine - got my club card points !!! It’s a good outcome considering what they were considering
For failure to provide do you have to have a medical etc - ?
I did the course as soon as I could as wanted another thing ticked off - just got it in pre lockdown
Start moving on now - it does get easier & at least summer months to get used to public transport
Keep us posted how it goes with school

I think I will need a medical but not sure? Solicitor didn’t know...I am guessing I am classed as high risk? I have no desire to drink andI definitely wouldn’t make the same mistake again. The judge gave me a very firm talking to. I was terrified!

Yes, failing to provide Makes you a High Risk Offender and you will need a medical at the end of your ban

Yes, failing to provide Makes you a High Risk Offender and you will need a medical at the end of your ban
There is a lot of excellent info on the forum to prep for the medical including regular contact with GP etc worth looking so you are aware & not caught out

Hi everyone,

Wasn’t sure where to post this but thought I’d update you on my conviction. I got 18 months reduced to 13.5 after the course and a £1250 fine. Was happy with the result tbh. Large fine but they initially said community service or a tag! I’m a local teacher so fought against this but fine was heavy. Luckily I can pay in instalments. Thank you to everyone who has messaged me or replied to any questions I had. This site has kept me going through some very dark moments x

I blew 103 on roadside but couldn’t blow at station so was charged with failure to provide. I think I got off lightly with the ban if I’m honest. I have learned my lesson and never ever want to go through anything like this again x
glad it went well for you - you did better than I did! wish i'd got a larger fine and less of a ban. hope we both stay out of the papers now

Aww no, didn’t it go well? I argued to pay a fine instead of community service or a tag. I don’t think it made a difference to the ban tbh. The judge was made well aware of my medical history regarding stress anxiety and accepted this as a factor as to why I failed to provide. There were no reporters at court but they could still run with a story in the next few weeks I suppose x

Aww no, didn’t it go well? I argued to pay a fine instead of community service or a tag. I don’t think it made a difference to the ban tbh. The judge was made well aware of my medical history regarding stress anxiety and accepted this as a factor as to why I failed to provide. There were no reporters at court but they could still run with a story in the next few weeks I suppose x
I got hammered - magistrate and prosecutor seemed to hate me
as far as the press goes i think if it's not gone in within a couple of weeks i'll feel a little less anxious

i really regret not getting a decent solicitor and relying on the duty one. Think a decent solicitor could have made a lot of difference to my outcome.
Duty solicitor is just like any solicitor that you pay for.
They put their name on a list to take it in turns to be the duty solicitor at the police station or the court and are paid by the Legal Aid system. On other days they charge the going rate for private work.
In America they have the public defender system where only those who are not good enough to get decent work become a public defender to represent the not well off

I had an hour before hand with mine and not sure I would’ve had that time with a duty one?

Duty solicitor is just like any solicitor that you pay for.
They put their name on a list to take it in turns to be the duty solicitor at the police station or the court and are paid by the Legal Aid system. On other days they charge the going rate for private work.
In America they have the public defender system where only those who are not good enough to get decent work become a public defender to represent the not well off
She just seemed like she was going through the motions. Like she just wanted it to be over so she could leave.
I think in hindsight if I’d had a different solicitor they could have made a much better case for me.

She just seemed like she was going through the motions. Like she just wanted it to be over so she could leave.
I think in hindsight if I’d had a different solicitor they could have made a much better case for me.
Aww no. That’s not good. Sorry to hear that

Hi everyone,

Most of us are on here due to being prosecuted for drink driving. Having been through it I will say that time is a great healer. It took me a long time to get over my DD conviction being public knowledge and the embarrassment it caused. I wish you well for the future.

Most of us are on here due to being prosecuted for drink driving. Having been through it I will say that time is a great healer. It took me a long time to get over my DD conviction being public knowledge and the embarrassment it caused. I wish you well for the future.
Thank you. I am not leaving the house much atm. Am looking at bus routes on an app Ive downloaded as I’m feeling totally grounded atm 😢

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off