CDT Test Fail

Convicted Driver Insurance
The simple answer is you will be p**sing in the wind with an appeal. The DVLA has a zero tolerance approach to alcohol consumption and you have disclosed having a alcoholic drink X number of months ago.

Your best bet now is visiting your GP, getting your sobriety documented and maybe getting a coupld of LFTs done. Have the DVLA given you any indication as to when you can re-apply for your licence?

CJ
Said 6 months for a ex non dependent 12 months for an ex dependent

Welcome back Honestman.

At least you are four years down, three years maximum left to getting these DVLA idiots off your back.

I'm in the same boat as yourself, although I'm awaiting my DVLA medical for my second licence and have been driving under Section 88 for just over a year.

CJ
Hi CJ thank you for the welcome, I have my medical this Thursday DD2&M1 completed hopefully I should have my license in a week or two, but you never know with them …

Hi CJ thank you for the welcome, I have my medical this Thursday DD2&M1 completed hopefully I should have my license in a week or two, but you never know with them …

Funnily enough my friend, I too have my own medical on Tuesday (31st). This will be my second DVLA medical post my DD ban. Technically speaking, I should have done my second medical in late 2021, but hey ho - such is the efficiency of the DVLA and the staff at my GP surgery.

CJ

Funnily enough my friend, I too have my own medical on Tuesday (31st). This will be my second DVLA medical post my DD ban. Technically speaking, I should have done my second medical in late 2021, but hey ho - such is the efficiency of the DVLA and the staff at my GP surgery.

CJ
Best of luck to you both 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Hi I got my ctd results back yesterday 0.6 they took my licence off me
My cdt came back at 0.9. And said I'd had 2 beers 2 months before my test. The problem is its been noted that you've been classed as dependent or a misuser on your Dr records somewhere. It's sad and frustrating and unfair that the dvla have moved the goal posts without telling people. It also makes it more likely people are going to lie on future applications

My cdt came back at 0.9. And said I'd had 2 beers 2 months before my test. The problem is its been noted that you've been classed as dependent or a misuser on your Dr records somewhere. It's sad and frustrating and unfair that the dvla have moved the goal posts without telling people. It also makes it more likely people are going to lie on future applications
The medical questionnaire asks (Q1) if you ever needed to take prescribed medication to help you stop drinking. I said yes as I was given a course of Diazepam. Equally Q4 asks if within the last 6 years have you been dependent on or regularly misused alcohol in the last 6 years. I said yes, as I have only been sober 3.5 years. I received my licence back after a 2nd ban in 2 years last February (a 1 year licence.)

I have been sober now for 3.5 years so I also stated that this was the last time I'd had a drink and no longer drink alcohol.

I have just applied for my licence again and was as truthful as I could be. My GP does not need to go back more than 6 years in my medical records so there SHOULD be no mention of medical or hospital interventions on my file.

I think the issue in most cases where a licence is refused is that the applicant has admitted to still drinking, even if it was well within the gov't prescribed limits.

It's sad and frustrating and unfair that the dvla have moved the goal posts without telling people. It also makes it more likely people are going to lie on future applications

I reckon more people will break the law too and drive without a licence. When people are deceived and manipulated at the expense of their jobs, homes and health & wellbeing they will resort to their own way of surviving and break the law if need be. All thanks to the DVLA.

CJ

I reckon more people will break the law too and drive without a licence. When people are deceived and manipulated at the expense of their jobs, homes and health & wellbeing they will resort to their own way of surviving and break the law if need be. All thanks to the DVLA.

CJ
I think you are pretty right!!! Sadly

Wow, this is really interesting regarding the DVLAs change in stance. I had a 1 year licence (previous HRO) which expired, no booked in for a 2nd medical.
I was going to approach this medical as honestly as possible as I have been T-total since 2020, but very recently I have felt in a place where I am allowing myself to have a couple of drinks on special occasions. This declaration was coming from a place of pride and maturity that I abstained and I am now in a completely different place in my life where I am using alcohol responsibly (also never when I will be in control of a vehicle).

Seems now, I need to be dishonest on the questionnaires and fingers crossed the blood test doesn’t pick up any alcohol I had this week for my partners birthday (medical booked for 17th April) hope it’s out my system.

Wow, this is really interesting regarding the DVLAs change in stance. I had a 1 year licence (previous HRO) which expired, no booked in for a 2nd medical.
I was going to approach this medical as honestly as possible as I have been T-total since 2020, but very recently I have felt in a place where I am allowing myself to have a couple of drinks on special occasions. This declaration was coming from a place of pride and maturity that I abstained and I am now in a completely different place in my life where I am using alcohol responsibly (also never when I will be in control of a vehicle).

Seems now, I need to be dishonest on the questionnaires and fingers crossed the blood test doesn’t pick up any alcohol I had this week for my partners birthday (medical booked for 17th April) hope it’s out my system.
Fingers crossed for you,you will be fine!

Have you declared consuming any alcohol on the medical forms ?

Are you classed as alcohol dependent or misuse by the dvla.
Yes, last medical and this pre medical questionnaire I have stated there has been misuse in the last 5/7 years or however long they ask. As it’s on my GP records from About 4 years ago.

Yes, last medical and this pre medical questionnaire I have stated there has been misuse in the last 5/7 years or however long they ask. As it’s on my GP records from About 4 years ago.
Say nothing or you could well get revoked loads on here have including myself. People are being unfairly punished for being honest you could undo everything for declaring 1 pint.

Say nothing or you could well get revoked loads on here have including myself. People are being unfairly punished for being honest you could undo everything for declaring 1 pint.
Sorry, but If you have misuse or dependence recorded by your GP in the past you must declare it. It doesn't make any mention of 6 years from memory. It asks have you 'ever.'

With this on your record, the key is to say you no longer drink alcohol.

Agreed, Luna. Best approach is to say you don’t drink; better still have this supported in your GP notes. Ideally it will be the truth also. Oh what a tangled web etc.

And it is very important to remember that history cannot be rewritten - if there are incidents in the same notes that you whitewash or blatantly lie about, it won’t go well.

Sorry, but If you have misuse or dependence recorded by your GP in the past you must declare it. It doesn't make any mention of 6 years from memory. It asks have you 'ever.'

With this on your record, the key is to say you no longer drink alcohol.
The latter is what i am referring to. Declaring he had 2 drinks at a social event is opening a can of worms if he is misuse or dependent and can easily get revoked. He is in the process of reapplying for a medical licence.

you shouldn't have any problem with the test but good luck with the questions
Whats actually classed as misuse or dependent? On my records I said I was drinking 20 units a week in 2018 in a new patient nurse check or whatever they are. and nothing else alcohol related after that.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off