Another 1 year licence renewed..

Convicted Driver Insurance
This is crazy! Am I right in thinking that the main hold up is the process of them getting all the information from the medical and your GP and once they have this the decision happens pretty quickly?
In my case,yes although the DVLA were also pretty slow.

Have you done a medical yet mary or are you applying after a ban.
I’m applying after my first one year license so I did a medical in June 2021 for that. Applied in August 2022, 1 year expired Oct 2022. I’m guessing I will need to do another medical this time but I can’t get anyone to answer the phone to get an update from the DVLA.

I’m applying after my first one year license so I did a medical in June 2021 for that. Applied in August 2022, 1 year expired Oct 2022. I’m guessing I will need to do another medical this time but I can’t get anyone to answer the phone to get an update from the DVLA.
Yes Mary they will send out the necessary paperwork for you to complete and you may drive on section 88 once your Gp has considered your “fitness to drive”…

Yes Mary they will send out the necessary paperwork for you to complete and you may drive on section 88 once your Gp has considered your “fitness to drive”…
Thank you, I’ve been doing that since October, Completed the paperwork in Aug 2022, GP gave me permission in Oct to drive and submitted report to the DVLA on 12 Jan.

My apologies I’ve misread, you are just waiting now😬
Are you back on the ale either that or put the specs back on 👓

Good news you were always going to pass. Recorded last drink on my medical notes as august last year same as i put on my medical forms that will be it for the future ref. Doctors on friday hoping she will write to dvla once we have spoken.
Just thought I post up another medical passed and another yearly license renewed keeping me on the road, in total this is 4 years for me now for originally alcohol dependence later reduced to alcohol misuse, however don’t be fooled into thinking you can drink within the government guidelines because you can’t, once you have been classed as dependent this will be for the duration that you are with Dvla, so remember: I am alcohol free, I don’t drink is the key message in this post ….
Hello! Who determines if your a dependent or misuse?

Usually your Gp, however Dvla will have the last say on the matter….
They ask if any dependency or misuse in the last 7 years i have alcohol dependence syndrome documented back in 2009. It would very harsh to categorise someone from 14 years ago. I think you mentioned they went back longer than 7 years when you went though all those medicals.

They ask if any dependency or misuse in the last 7 years i have alcohol dependence syndrome documented back in 2009. It would very harsh to categorise someone from 14 years ago. I think you mentioned they went back longer than 7 years when you went though all those medicals.
Yes mate they went back to 2006 with me, I went to see my Gp and he said it’s because a doctor back then had diagnosed you as dependent….I tried to overturn it, they sent me for 4 Dvla medicals and was told 12 months abstinence….

Yes mate they went back to 2006 with me, I went to see my Gp and he said it’s because a doctor back then had diagnosed you as dependent….I tried to overturn it, they sent me for 4 Dvla medicals and was told 12 months abstinence….
But because I persisted with misuse and medical evidence I had my licence back bang on the 12 month date, in fact I had my last medical in the November as a cancellation and my licence was issued for January, they sent my license but couldn’t drive till the January…

It does seem excessively harsh how far back they go. People can turn their whole life around in a year/maybe even months, yet if someone has something in their gp notes from years and years ago, that’s held against them 🤔

Seriously wrong where does the 7 year rule apply. I know you went though hell and back getting them to grant you a licence.

But because I persisted with misuse and medical evidence I had my licence back bang on the 12 month date, in fact I had my last medical in the November as a cancellation and my licence was issued for January, they sent my license but couldn’t drive till the January…
I thought it was 6 months abstinence for misuse or have I got that wrong?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off