Another 1 year licence renewed..

Convicted Driver Insurance

Honestman

Established Member
Just thought I post up another medical passed and another yearly license renewed keeping me on the road, in total this is 4 years for me now for originally alcohol dependence later reduced to alcohol misuse, however don’t be fooled into thinking you can drink within the government guidelines because you can’t, once you have been classed as dependent this will be for the duration that you are with Dvla, so remember: I am alcohol free, I don’t drink is the key message in this post ….

Just thought I post up another medical passed and another yearly license renewed keeping me on the road, in total this is 4 years for me now for originally alcohol dependence later reduced to alcohol misuse, however don’t be fooled into thinking you can drink within the government guidelines because you can’t, once you have been classed as dependent this will be for the duration that you are with Dvla, so remember: I am alcohol free, I don’t drink is the key message in this post ….
Good news you were always going to pass. Recorded last drink on my medical notes as august last year same as i put on my medical forms that will be it for the future ref. Doctors on friday hoping she will write to dvla once we have spoken.

Hi I reapplied in April 2022, my license then expired and was running on section 88 until today ….
Hi Honestman, I can't believe that we're still on this horrendous time scale ffs. I'm 3.5 years in the renewal system. Sent back my renewal DD1 late Jan got informed by call handler bod it was received 4 wks later so I presume in scanned and in queue? So I'm I looking at months for a simple CDT test ? BTW well done again

Hi Honestman, I can't believe that we're still on this horrendous time scale ffs. I'm 3.5 years in the renewal system. Sent back my renewal DD1 late Jan got informed by call handler bod it was received 4 wks later so I presume in scanned and in queue? So I'm I looking at months for a simple CDT test ? BTW well done again
Hi mate yes horrendous waiting times at least we get it right though …

Hi Mate .I'm still not understanding these delays when I'm reliably informed that my usual go to DVLA approved Doctors center is very much open to short notice appointments.
I called DVLA this morning and of course their non committal as to even ANY ball park estimate but something she said has lead me to think it might sooner than later. Maybe wishfully thinking.

I had my MP onboard last year and that moved things on rapidly
If you or anyone on the forum can take a guess, or how long they had to wait Id be obliged . I wonder is there a Geographical/availability element to this.

Hi Mate .I'm still not understanding these delays when I'm reliably informed that my usual go to DVLA approved Doctors center is very much open to short notice appointments.
I called DVLA this morning and of course their non committal as to even ANY ball park estimate but something she said has lead me to think it might sooner than later. Maybe wishfully thinking.

If you or anyone on the forum can take a guess, or how long they had to wait Id be obliged . I wonder is there a Geographical/availability element to this.
I really don’t know about the timescales I think it’s different around the country, I spoke to a member of staff last year at the Dvla and she couldn’t believe how long ago I had reapplied for my license, she did say she was going to move it along but it never happened, what I do know is once you’ve had your medical it’s usually 10 days to two weeks for license to be returned….

When can you re-apply for a license renewal, is it 90 days before it expires? Surely you should be able to apply earlier knowing how long its going to take, or are they not bothered 🤔

Yes its 90 days before your licesne is due you can apply, although I have recenetly realised that as you can drive on section 88 once your application is in the system you are really just increasing the number of applications and medicals. As long as there are no delays of course, medicals seem to be quick in the south coast area for some reason.

Dies anyone know of an insurance company who does not require a photo licence.I am allowed to drive on section 88 please

Hi I reapplied in April 2022, my license then expired and was running on section 88 until today ….
This is crazy! Am I right in thinking that the main hold up is the process of them getting all the information from the medical and your GP and once they have this the decision happens pretty quickly?

I can beat you with that - I applied for my next driving licence in October 2021, the previous licence expired in January 2022, and I didn't get my next 12 month licence until the beginning of February 2023. In total, I was driving under Section 88 for 54 weeks.

CJ

54 weeks is a long time indeed… mine was a mere 49 weeks of Section 88 driving when my full one finally came through last year, so I ran you pretty close!

54 weeks is a long time indeed… mine was a mere 49 weeks of Section 88 driving when my full one finally came through last year, so I ran you pretty close!
Hi looks like 'The Times' Newspaper has come through again highlighting a report. date 17th March.
'DELAYS IN ISSUNG DRIVING LICENCES UNACCEPTABLE,MPs TELL DVLA I can tell well worth a look .

I find telling them your preferred Doctor is the best way to get things moving. I did this a few week back and after they told me about GP delays for medicals I informed them I had already contacted the practice I had used twice previously and they had no issues with appointments.

Got a letter 2 weeks later telling me to book an appointment.

This is crazy! Am I right in thinking that the main hold up is the process of them getting all the information from the medical and your GP and once they have this the decision happens pretty quickly?
I reapplied in August 2022, my GP responded to them on 12 Jan 2023 and I’m still waiting…

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off