what are the current lead times of HRO from sending back forms to having medical?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sammyb

Hi I have read several threads now but people seem to just waffle on and not actually give any information at all! I have posted back my forms to DVLA as my licence is due to run out in December, I know that the DVLA have extended all licences by one year due to COVID-19. I am not worried at all but just a very simple question, can anyone tell me how long it took from submitting forms to getting a medical in a dated timeline as a black and white answer as this would would be very handy. Many thanks to all in advance

I think you are being disrespectful to people who come on here and talk about their experiences in a very human way to help others going through the same thing. A significant part of the forum is to provide support to each other as they go through this difficult process.
You have a specific question, it would have been nicer if you had just asked it rather than complaining about 'waffle', but if you go to the top of the page on the right there is a search function button. If you type in 'HRO medicals' there are several threads that give the answer you are looking for.
The problem is that anything before the end of August, during Covid issues at DVLA, are not relevant so there are only a limited number of people who have applied for their licence back since then and actually undergone the medical.
Even then, the answers do not indicate if you will have done the medical yourself and then got your licence back by December as there may well be other enquiries that DVLA make after your medical before granting a licence.

Hi I have read several threads now but people seem to just waffle on and not actually give any information at all! I have posted back my forms to DVLA as my licence is due to run out in December, I know that the DVLA have extended all licences by one year due to COVID-19. I am not worried at all but just a very simple question, can anyone tell me how long it took from submitting forms to getting a medical in a dated timeline as a black and white answer as this would would be very handy. Many thanks to all in advance
As per your request, the answer is four.

I think you are being disrespectful to people who come on here and talk about their experiences in a very human way to help others going through the same thing. A significant part of the forum is to provide support to each other as they go through this difficult process.
You have a specific question, it would have been nicer if you had just asked it rather than complaining about 'waffle', but if you go to the top of the page on the right there is a search function button. If you type in 'HRO medicals' there are several threads that give the answer you are looking for.
The problem is that anything before the end of August, during Covid issues at DVLA, are not relevant so there are only a limited number of people who have applied for their licence back since then and actually undergone the medical.
Even then, the answers do not indicate if you will have done the medical yourself and then got your licence back by December as there may well be other enquiries that DVLA make after your medical before granting a licence.

Actually an unbelievable way to start a thread 🤦‍♂️

The simple answer to your simple question is mentioned in so many waffles across this board.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off