Stopped again...legal?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Metabolites

Hi,
I got stopped in June 2023, positive blood test for Cocaine and Ketamine. With various deep procedure points and points possibly incorrect, i pleaded not guilty. My trial is April 2024. I have only been 'pulled over' once before about 7 years ago living in this area for 15 years (London before). Great police no problems.
In mid-January, I was pulled over again by an undercover car for a dirty number plate. friendly saying oh its no problem, this could be a £3k fine, but we won't do anything about this misdemeanor, handed me some wipes, i cleaned it, and i could go on my way (plate wasn't that bad, perfectly readable)
Things then changed, and said, right what's your name, is car insured etc? Then they said, oh, now we can see your number plate, we can see you are currently due to go to court for a drug driving case and because of that we are going to test you for alcohol and drugs. They repeatedly kept forgetting my name 5 or 6 times, obvious when they had on their screen in front of them. It was perfectly obvious it was planned and i was pulled over again to clear up and mistakes that may have been made in the first stop/trial.
I've found a few different I things on the net saying they aren't allowed to do this,'m wondering if it was legal to to pull me over, say no problem, remedy the situation, then for them to change and do tests because of a previous occasion that i'm not guilty, being before trial? If it's like the first occasions, i'm guessing any tests won't come for 6 months. Is there a way the trials are or could be combined? Would they be able to and would they, prosecute if the first trial goes the wrong way?

Thanks in adavnce

Can I just clarify, when you were stopped on the second occasion did you have drugs in your system? Are you being prosecuted as a result of the second stop?
They didn't pull me over for drugs or surrounding offences, they didn't say or think I had consumed or was unfit or mention anything. It was purely, oh we're going to let you ff for this offence. We're now going to search for others (by coincidence).

I understand, but my reason for asking is how well the issue will work should you end up at Court as the information on the internet is usually theoretical and I deal in what would be a defence which would work at Court.

To be able to test you they need a reasonable suspicion to do so. They will say that they only stopped you because of a dirty number plate, a fact which you dont disagree with. They will say they could not of stopped you for any other reason as they did not know what your registration was. They will then say that due to your status on bail and your demeanor they felt it was appropriate to test.

You can give evidence of what you suspect really happened and the Court will decide on the issue of reasonable suspicion. I certainly would not run at as my only defence as it is not strong.

As to your other questions, the trials would not be joined and the results of either trial would not effect the other unless the CPS made a bad character application.

Kind regards
Martin.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off