revoked

Convicted Driver Insurance

bishopofnorwich

I got my second drink drive conviction around 10 years ago. I applied for my lisence 2 weeks ago, have done all the normal, abstained for over a months so far, taken milk thisle etc, had tests done by my own doctor which are fine. I contacted the dvla to get a cover note to drive till my medical but they explained that as i'd applied a few years ago and not attended the medical my lisence has been revoked and i cant drive till my medical but would give me no further details. Does the revoke mean that i'll have to re sit my test once passing a medical?

I got my second drink drive conviction around 10 years ago. I applied for my lisence 2 weeks ago, have done all the normal, abstained for over a months so far, taken milk thisle etc, had tests done by my own doctor which are fine. I contacted the dvla to get a cover note to drive till my medical but they explained that as i'd applied a few years ago and not attended the medical my lisence has been revoked and i cant drive till my medical but would give me no further details. Does the revoke mean that i'll have to re sit my test once passing a medical?

Were you otherwise informed that you had to re-sit your driving test?

Section 88 of The Road Traffic Act 1988 entitles certain drivers, including those drivers whose driving licence has not been revoked previously for medical reasons to drive while they are waiting for their medical fitness to be determined by the DVLA. It appears that your driving licence was revoked the first time you applied as you did not satisfactorily prove your fitness to drive to the DVLA because you failed to attend the medical. In your case, your entitlement to drive under Section 88 of The Road Traffic Act does not apply. This in itself does not mean you will have to re-sit your driving test.

In order to clarify matters I would suggest you contact the DVLA directly.

Many thanks. I presume from this I am unable to drive till medical results are obtained which will be some time away as I can't get an appointment for over a month as the doctor they allocated me is booked up for the next four weeks.

Many thanks. I presume from this I am unable to drive till medical results are obtained which will be some time away as I can't get an appointment for over a month as the doctor they allocated me is booked up for the next four weeks.

I see that you said you had tests done at the drs was this for the same tests as what the DVLA medical do , I have a DVLA medical on 7th April .

I copied down from this site the things they check for in blood tests, took the list to my gp explaining that I'd heard medication I'm on can affect the liver and would like them to test me in advnce to make sure I was ok. They gave me a blood test the next day and a couple of days later I called to check the reslts which were all good. If your'e worried why not ask your gp to give you a blood test. Click on the dvla medical bit at the beginning of the site and make a list of what is checked, otherwise your gp may not know precisely what to check for.

I copied down from this site the things they check for in blood tests, took the list to my gp explaining that I'd heard medication I'm on can affect the liver and would like them to test me in advnce to make sure I was ok. They gave me a blood test the next day and a couple of days later I called to check the reslts which were all good. If your'e worried why not ask your gp to give you a blood test. Click on the dvla medical bit at the beginning of the site and make a list of what is checked, otherwise your gp may not know precisely what to check for.

thank you will ring first thing as i am on meds for adhd and have to have liver checked and blood pressure so will ask . Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off