Passed CDT test - reassuring post

Convicted Driver Insurance
Personally speaking if you have 2 bottles of wine a night you have an issue with alcohol.
I'm speaking honestly as I'm some one who had an issue .
Although I never had an issue with my lisence
As said before it's either booze or your licence .
Its only 2 bottles in a Friday and 2 bottles on a Saturday then I dint drink in the week

Oh no love, I think you misunderstood. I don't drink during the week but I will have 2 bottles on a Friday night and 2 bottles on the Saturday then no alcohol for 5 days.
It is still almost 3 times the recommended alcohol intake per week and well over the answer they are looking to the question “how often in the past year have you drank 6 or more units on a single occasion.” Your answer 104 will not go down well!

Its only 2 bottles in a Friday and 2 bottles on a Saturday then I dint drink in the week
I think that works out at 36 units , and binge drinking is an issue . Having a problem does not necessarily mean being the image of an alcoholic.
People have images of people with drink problem and it's not what you'd think .
Please don't think I'm getting at you just advice .

Yes, 36 units, even up to 45 units, depending on the strength of the wine.

Plus I always go on the old saying When you tell the dr hoeuch you drink in their head they dou
So do you think I will fail CDT test after 16 days abstaining?
I personally don't know , you maybe lucky .
It depends on the individual. I think it depends if you want take the risk . My husband didn't drink for 9 weeks prior and for a further 5 after just in case there was issue with sample .
From my understanding 2 weeks is suggested but everyone's body is different.

Plus I always go on the old saying When you tell the dr hoeuch you drink in their head they dou

I personally don't know , you maybe lucky .
It depends on the individual. I think it depends if you want take the risk . My husband didn't drink for 9 weeks prior and for a further 5 after just in case there was issue with sample .
From my understanding 2 weeks is suggested but everyone's body is different.
Oh ok, thank you

Hi all, I posted about a month ago for some reassurance (I didn’t get it) so I’m posting this as I hope it puts some of your minds at rest. I was worried as I’d slightly cut down on alcohol consumption prior to my medical, however only completely abstained for 2 days. I’m a 31 year old female, fit and healthy, walk about 10,000 steps a day. I drink most nights - probably a large glass of wine on average and more than that probably once or twice a week.

In the 5 days before my medical I had a binge over a couple of days with a few bottles of wine for a celebration. I drank a few beers over the weekend and had my medical on the Tuesday.

I was so worried after posting on here - I had some comments such as “stupid drinking before a medical” “you won’t get your license back” etc.

I’ve today received my letter stating my CDT levels were 1.1 and I’ve now got my license back and wanted to reassure people. Feel free to ask me any questions. I’m so glad I didn’t delay my medical.

This is just my experience - I’m not encouraging people to drink, I’m just sharing what’s happened with me and trying to reassure people.
Hi did you tell them on your medical what you had to drink etc I have my medical soon and I had 2 beers in 9 weeks will I be okay ?

Hi did you tell them on your medical what you had to drink etc I have my medical soon and I had 2 beers in 9 weeks will I be okay ?
I don't think that user visits this site anymore mate, so I suspect you may not get an answer.

I'm sure others have already tried to reassure you, on other threads/posts. If you don't have a drinking problem (excessive alcohol use) and are healthy (no issues with your liver or pancreas), you won't have any problems with passing the CDT blood test - by passing I mean, getting a CDT percentage low enough for the DVLA doctors to not be concerned about your current alcohol use (if you haven't stated that you are abstinent). Two beers (2 pints) isn't going to affect your current CDT levels (for a healthy person). I'm not sure what else I can say to reassure you mate.

Hi all, I posted about a month ago for some reassurance (I didn’t get it) so I’m posting this as I hope it puts some of your minds at rest. I was worried as I’d slightly cut down on alcohol consumption prior to my medical, however only completely abstained for 2 days. I’m a 31 year old female, fit and healthy, walk about 10,000 steps a day. I drink most nights - probably a large glass of wine on average and more than that probably once or twice a week.

In the 5 days before my medical I had a binge over a couple of days with a few bottles of wine for a celebration. I drank a few beers over the weekend and had my medical on the Tuesday.

I was so worried after posting on here - I had some comments such as “stupid drinking before a medical” “you won’t get your license back” etc.

I’ve today received my letter stating my CDT levels were 1.1 and I’ve now got my license back and wanted to reassure people. Feel free to ask me any questions. I’m so glad I didn’t delay my medical.

This is just my experience - I’m not encouraging people to drink, I’m just sharing what’s happened with me and trying to reassure people.
I've had a terrible time. Went to court 9th may and was banned for 17 months. completed DDRS course on 21 March and sent off application on 22 March and DVLA received 23 March. Called numerous time and they are so unhelpful. Called 5 April and was told the DVLA opened and logged application on 3 April. let a week pass and phoned so many times. gov. uk is now 8 June it ends. when will i get medical letter?

thanks for this post - what did you answer for how many time a year you exceed 6 units in 1 sitting?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off