Never Ending Nightmare

Convicted Driver Insurance
Grantyone, they haven't even received the form back from my doctor yet as it finally arrived by email on Friday. So they haven't even reviewed my doctor's report which will confirm my last drink date and anything else they want to know. It's like no matter how much evidence you give them, they still want more. I've booked my LFT which is another two weeks away, but once they've received that, it wouldn't surprise me if they asked for another 3 or 4 over 12 months. The whole system is so floored and unfair.

So they must be asking for this on the back of the information you provided honestly on the form at the DVLA medical I.e history of abuse or dependence.

I am pretty sure once your GP provides their records, it’ll be a routine from there... surely?

I may be well off the mark here, but I think your GP will be the difference between the long haul and getting it over the line.

I’d be pushing your GP from tomorrow.

I was on my GP’s case, and they returned the form to DVLA on Thursday there, pretty much 13 days (inc weekends) after receipt. Not bad all in all.

So they must be asking for this on the back of the information you provided honestly on the form at the DVLA medical I.e history of abuse or dependence.

I am pretty sure once your GP provides their records, it’ll be a routine from there... surely?

I may be well off the mark here, but I think your GP will be the difference between the long haul and getting it over the line.

I’d be pushing your GP from tomorrow.

I was on my GP’s case, and they returned the form to DVLA on Thursday there, pretty much 13 days (inc weekends) after receipt. Not bad all in all.
Even if they did return it ASAP and the doctor has been great to be fair, it's another two weeks for the LFT, then the wait for results, then the endless wait from the DVLA to decide if they want to punish me even more. It just seems endless now. Thanks for your reply though. I'll call the doctors tomorrow to find out when they'll send it back. DVLA gave me an email to return it, but doctors said they need an email confirmation to say it's OK to send back by email and DVLA said they don't do this. I give up for today. Next week is a new week.

Even if they did return it ASAP and the doctor has been great to be fair, it's another two weeks for the LFT, then the wait for results, then the endless wait from the DVLA to decide if they want to punish me even more. It just seems endless now. Thanks for your reply though. I'll call the doctors tomorrow to find out when they'll send it back. DVLA gave me an email to return it, but doctors said they need an email confirmation to say it's OK to send back by email and DVLA said they don't do this. I give up for today. Next week is a new week.

What’s wrong in all of this is individuals continue to be punished as you say for things that they have manned up to and managed to address. In your case, you have it documented, which can only be a positive. DVLA effectively are jumping all over your honesty - but I think from what I have read and understand, is that is the protocols they have in place rightly or wrongly.

The other way to look at it is if you lied at your medical and they wrote to your GP & found out your history, you’d be in bother.

I think waiting is part of the process unfortunately. Clearly COVID has had a huge impact on turnaround times, but my experience through all of this is to just chase, chase and chase.

Good luck next week!

What’s wrong in all of this is individuals continue to be punished as you say for things that they have manned up to and managed to address. In your case, you have it documented, which can only be a positive. DVLA effectively are jumping all over your honesty - but I think from what I have read and understand, is that is the protocols they have in place rightly or wrongly.

The other way to look at it is if you lied at your medical and they wrote to your GP & found out your history, you’d be in bother.

I think waiting is part of the process unfortunately. Clearly COVID has had a huge impact on turnaround times, but my experience through all of this is to just chase, chase and chase.

Good luck next week!
Thanks for your positive vibes. Really appreciate it x

Hi all, getting ever closer to the day that I have the dvla decision. Got my LFTs back today and Dr posting it out this week. Can anyone advise what they mean? Nurse said they were absolutely normal.
GGT 28
ALT 10
ALPhos 57

Does this make sense to anyone, just so i can get slightly more excited?

Yes I had to provide LFTs after my ban to get my licence back due to dependence on file. Those figures are bang on the right area you would want to be in as a non drinker so you have nothing to worry about.

Anyone can declare a date of quitting drinking with their GP, but the DVLA require evidence of that declaration which is LFT's. To stop chronic alcoholics telling their doctor they have stopped, while drinking away as if nothings changed. The LFT removes that risk. I hope you hear soon that sort of wait would have drove me up the wall.

Yes I had to provide LFTs after my ban to get my licence back due to dependence on file. Those figures are bang on the right area you would want to be in as a non drinker so you have nothing to worry about.

Anyone can declare a date of quitting drinking with their GP, but the DVLA require evidence of that declaration which is LFT's. To stop chronic alcoholics telling their doctor they have stopped, while drinking away as if nothings changed. The LFT removes that risk. I hope you hear soon that sort of wait would have drove me up the wall.
Ooh grice96, I'm so excited now! Thanks so much for replying. It's been a very long wait, but if they give me my licence back after all the proof, this will be the best Christmas ever!!! Still yet to find out my CDT, but not worried about that at all. I can see the light! 😁

From the date I provided my LFT results it took around 2 weeks for a licence to be issued afterwards. So fingers crossed it'll be before the end of the month all things considered with Covid!

@Sunrise14

GGT = Gamma-glutamyl Transpeptidase

Normal range is 9 to 48. (Higher = more alcohol liver damage)

ALT = Alanine Transaminase

Normal range = Varies from person to person but high is alcohol liver damage and low is good. (Over 30 is high)

AlPhos = Alkaline Phosphatase

Normal range = 25 to 100 (high = more alcohol liver damage)

Just so you know.... 😁👍🏻

@Sunrise14

GGT = Gamma-glutamyl Transpeptidase

Normal range is 9 to 48. (Higher = more alcohol liver damage)

ALT = Alanine Transaminase

Normal range = Varies from person to person but high is alcohol liver damage and low is good. (Over 30 is high)

AlPhos = Alkaline Phosphatase

Normal range = 25 to 100 (high = more alcohol liver damage)

Just so you know.... 😁👍🏻
That's brilliant! Thanks very much 😀

Do people generally get a phone call? I’ve been told (many times) that I have to wait for a letter 🐌
I called them today and they had said my details were with the medical team, so I emailed Tim Burton again and got a call within 40 mins! Call advisor lady on phone said it could take two weeks to find out or receive letter, so I emailed. 😁

Just had call from DVLA. Licence issued tonight from midnight!! CDT was 0.6. LFT's were fine. One year licence, but I've made it! I'm shaking. I can't believe it. Never give up 😁
I called them today and they had said my details were with the medical team, so I emailed Tim Burton again and got a call within 40 mins! Call advisor lady on phone said it could take two weeks to find out or receive letter, so I emailed. 😁
thanks, I’ve just emailed again (emailed 2 weeks ago) but I guess ‘the team’ will have left for the day?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off