MISSING ENDORSEMENTS

Convicted Driver Insurance

jimmyb76

I recently received my licence back after being banned for 4 years in total for drunk driving.

On my licence it only has details of one of the two convictions - a 15mth ban in 2007.

Will DVLA be aware of the other ban and what do I have to disclose to the insurance company? What would happen if, say, I was stopped for speeding? Would the police be aware of this other conviction and would my insurer check with DVLA before insuring me?

I do not want to be untruthful when applying for my insurance, but it may cost 4 times less to insure car stating only the one conviction which appears on my licence. Would I be commiting any offences by disclosing only conviction which appears on licence?

J

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Not worth the risk, if you did have an accident you wouldn't be insured. If I were you, and couldn't afford legitimate insurance, I'd wait till the 5th anniversary of the first offence at which point you'll only have to declare the most recent. You've waited 4 years ... could you manage without a car for a few more months?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off