Medical update

Convicted Driver Insurance

MaryM123

Well Known Member
Hi everyone

I know people are keen and eager to know timescales, so just thought I would give you my update - application sent to DVLA on 22 April, cheque cashed on 14 May, letter received from DVLA today (4 June) advising that I can phone to make my medical app in 4 working days.

Slowly, slowly but at least it’s progress :)

That seems very quick to me given what others (including myself) are experiencing in current circumstances so lucky you it seems.
It took them 10 weeks just to write to my GP and I've been given no idea when he will write back.
Usually they have 6 weeks or so to respond but this time they have not been given any timescale to respond which I expect is a direct result of Covid.

That seems very quick to me given what others (including myself) are experiencing in current circumstances so lucky you it seems.
It took them 10 weeks just to write to my GP and I've been given no idea when he will write back.
Usually they have 6 weeks or so to respond but this time they have not been given any timescale to respond which I expect is a direct result of Covid.
The expectation for an enquiry with your GP from DVLA is a response within 12 weeks, rather than 6 weeks pre Covid.

I’m expecting the next stage to be slower, but just thought i would share my experience to date. Hope you get a response soon.

The expectation for an enquiry with your GP from DVLA is a response within 12 weeks, rather than 6 weeks pre Covid.
Thanks for that. Damn. The GP receptionist checked for me and said their letter did not have any timescale to return provided.The letter I received from DVLA regarding my GP did not provide this either and I presumed this was a result of Covid. I'm trying to get new car but can't without physical license hence sooner the better.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off