Medical in a week, advice needed about questions

Convicted Driver Insurance

Turbo1983

I was banned in 2020 so finally booked a medical for this week.

My issue is I'm worried about what to say. I've not drank for 6 months but I'm worried that if they speak to my GP then issues I've had in the past will come up.

I've never been dependant but I've got misuse on my file and they know I drank last June as I took an overdose and it's on there I'd been drinking.

So my question is what do I say on the medical questions? Do I go for the sober for 12 months route and answer no to everything?
I'm panicking big time about it. Or should I say I've just done 6 months incase they check with the GP?

I was banned in 2020 so finally booked a medical for this week.

My issue is I'm worried about what to say. I've not drank for 6 months but I'm worried that if they speak to my GP then issues I've had in the past will come up.

I've never been dependant but I've got misuse on my file and they know I drank last June as I took an overdose and it's on there I'd been drinking.

So my question is what do I say on the medical questions? Do I go for the sober for 12 months route and answer no to everything?
I'm panicking big time about it. Or should I say I've just done 6 months incase they check with the GP?
Is your Gp aware you haven't had any alcohol last 6mths or stayed within the Gov guidelines 14 units a week if misuse
You state your not dependant is that backed up with GP notes ?
Even if the GP agreed you were on misuse this is only guidance,
The dvla medical team would make there own assessment based upon your questionnaire/previous medical report / and history
It's not a simple route to answer no to everything?
There's a lot in-between like communicating with you GP .

Thanks for your reply, Yeah I spoke to gp last week. He said he won't say anything without speaking to me but he said it was a case of answering specific questions. It's on record that I was abstaining last year after the overdose.
I'll go the 6 month route and try and downplay any questions I guess and hope for the best.
I was only slightly over the limit and it was judged high risk as I had a dodgy tire and no insurance (forgot during lockdown) so feels unfair.

I think it’s now important to get your GP to state specifically you’ve stopped drinking, and get that in writing in your notes, with a specific date as to when. Without this, it’s an unknown between he/her and the DVLA when that correspondence occurs.

It goes without saying that dates of last drink etc. have all got to tally, paperwork-wise. Being a mere ‘misuser’ is no different to being dependent in the eyes of the DVLA; these days. Don’t let that kid you into thinking it’s an easy way through - it all-too-often isn’t.

Another way to put this is to consider this an audit on you, by them. You’ve got to prove what you say you do… and your GP is the HSE manager in this regard. Get them onside, pass the CDT and you’ll be back among us on the road.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off