License refused after Seizure alcohol related.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Trigger1983

Hi all, in February 2022 I had a seizure which was diagnosed as Acute Alcohol Withdrawal with Seizure. Evidently this meant surrendering my licence for 6 months. I had a detox whilst in hospital and not had a seizure since. Unfortunately I did drink again which is on my NHS record. I've not consumed any alcohol for 6 months I had my licence refused in February 2023 after waiting for over 2 months and persistent phone calls to basically talk to numpties who seem to have no idea. So as you have probably already guessed I have been told to abstain from alcohol for 12 months. They've not given me any Indication of when abstience has started from. Ive had 3 LFT's since last year, September (Borderline), November (Abnormal) But expected and January (Normal) so I'm uncertain where they're going to start it from. Any help or advice will be much appreciated. Jon.

Hi all, in February 2022 I had a seizure which was diagnosed as Acute Alcohol Withdrawal with Seizure. Evidently this meant surrendering my licence for 6 months. I had a detox whilst in hospital and not had a seizure since. Unfortunately I did drink again which is on my NHS record. I've not consumed any alcohol for 6 months I had my licence refused in February 2023 after waiting for over 2 months and persistent phone calls to basically talk to numpties who seem to have no idea. So as you have probably already guessed I have been told to abstain from alcohol for 12 months. They've not given me any Indication of when abstience has started from. Ive had 3 LFT's since last year, September (Borderline), November (Abnormal) But expected and January (Normal) so I'm uncertain where they're going to start it from. Any help or advice will be much appreciated. Jon.
Im not sure I quite follow everything you say and there are others on here who will give more detailed advice . However it seems that the « numpties » you refer to have indeed explained to you . You need to demonstrate a clear 12 month period of abstinence. Given you have an abnormal result from November, it would need to post date this I think. If in fact you give up // have given up , drinking , make sure the date is logged with the GP. So , without knowing more details , I’d say the earliest the 12 month can start from is December 22, which means you’re probably looking at early 2024 to re apply . Meantime , licence apart , I hope your efforts to stop drinking go well 😀.

Book an appointment with your Gp get them to record on the medical records the date you stopped drinking. That will be the trigger to prove 12 months abstaining from alcohol also have those LFT done every 3 months to back this up. Sounds like its been a seesaw ride over the last year or so hope you are in a better place.

Hi all, in February 2022 I had a seizure which was diagnosed as Acute Alcohol Withdrawal with Seizure. Evidently this meant surrendering my licence for 6 months. I had a detox whilst in hospital and not had a seizure since. Unfortunately I did drink again which is on my NHS record. I've not consumed any alcohol for 6 months I had my licence refused in February 2023 after waiting for over 2 months and persistent phone calls to basically talk to numpties who seem to have no idea. So as you have probably already guessed I have been told to abstain from alcohol for 12 months. They've not given me any Indication of when abstience has started from. Ive had 3 LFT's since last year, September (Borderline), November (Abnormal) But expected and January (Normal) so I'm uncertain where they're going to start it from. Any help or advice will be much appreciated.
Hi trigger and welcome, as suggested by other members you need to document a last alcoholic drink date with your Gp, going by your posts you do need to have 12 months clear, however because your last LFT in January was normal then you can use this month going forwards, (just select a date) you can in fact apply for your licence in November 23 as it will take over 3 months for Dvla to complete their medical enquiries, do be prepared for Dvla to investigate thoroughly as you have had a few issues around alcohol and therefore you have created a history of alcohol dependence, but as long as you remain abstinent, have regular LFTs are seizure free and your GPs support then you will return to driving albeit a one year temporary licence followed by a Dvla medical each year to remain in the alcohol dependence process …..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off