Insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sec882024

Can anyone point me in the direction of good /fair insurance companies. Living a year by year license at the min.was HRO now medical based - Last year crippled me and I actually thought it would come down. But it’s gone up £400 if I was too continue with them. I’ve tried all the us companies and sites on google. I’m sure there are companies that don’t use compare quotes but can’t find them. Any info would be helpful I just got of the phone with one company and they dug my criminal record up from 18 years ago and said it never goes away when it comes to car insurance although time spent I just nearly had a coronary when he knew more about my past than me and said with discount we can do £5300 but that has to be one payment wow 😮. I need to lie down

Your post is very cryptic - what do you mean he knew more about your past than you did? How did he dig this up if it’s 18 years old? Are we talking about a simple drink driving conviction or something else?

There are some insurers not on comparison sites such as Direct Line or Adrian Flux but my experience over the years is you will find the most competitive quotes on comparison sites.

Whilst it seems shocking, a £400 increase isn’t unbelievable in relative terms given how much costs are rising. My policy is up in a few weeks and my current insurer has increased the price by nearly £300 if I stay with them. Your medical licence as well as the rest of your variables will have an impact too.

I am unsure what your criminal background is so am somewhat constrained to answer accurately. If you just have simple driving convictions then these will become spent after 5 years and you do not have to disclose this to an insurer, especially not after 18 years. If you were convicted of something serious then the person you spoke to may be right and you may have to declare this forever.

Can anyone point me in the direction of good /fair insurance companies. Living a year by year license at the min.was HRO now medical based - Last year crippled me and I actually thought it would come down. But it’s gone up £400 if I was too continue with them. I’ve tried all the us companies and sites on google. I’m sure there are companies that don’t use compare quotes but can’t find them. Any info would be helpful I just got of the phone with one company and they dug my criminal record up from 18 years ago and said it never goes away when it comes to car insurance although time spent I just nearly had a coronary when he knew more about my past than me and said with discount we can do £5300 but that has to be one payment wow 😮. I need to lie down
😂 good and fair with insurance companies . They can’t legally look into your criminal convictions after 5 years it’s spent . There are a few convictions that will never be filtered I’m assuming you don’t fall into this category?

Your post is very cryptic - what do you mean he knew more about your past than you did? How did he dig this up if it’s 18 years old? Are we talking about a simple drink driving conviction or something else?

There are some insurers not on comparison sites such as Direct Line or Adrian Flux but my experience over the years is you will find the most competitive quotes on comparison sites.

Whilst it seems shocking, a £400 increase isn’t unbelievable in relative terms given how much costs are rising. My policy is up in a few weeks and my current insurer has increased the price by nearly £300 if I stay with them. Your medical licence as well as the rest of your variables will have an impact too.

I am unsure what your criminal background is so am somewhat constrained to answer accurately. If you just have simple driving convictions then these will become spent after 5 years and you do not have to disclose this to an insurer, especially not after 18 years. If you were convicted of something serious then the person you spoke to may be right and you may have to declare this forever.
Just hro gave name etc he called back with all my criminal past. From when I was a kid the insurance is off here somewhere

😂 good and fair with insurance companies . They can’t legally look into your criminal convictions after 5 years it’s spent . There are a few convictions that will never be filtered I’m assuming you don’t fall into this category?
No mate they did. And pulled up my spent convictions no jokes

No mate they did. And pulled up my spent convictions no jokes
No the rehabilitation of offenders act states that your conviction is only valid for 5 years, after that you do not need to declare unless you are getting certain types of jobs. I think your broker was telling porkies! see a website called unlock.org.uk for full details.

No the rehabilitation of offenders act states that your conviction is only valid for 5 years, after that you do not need to declare unless you are getting certain types of jobs. I think your broker was telling porkies! see a website called unlock.org.uk for full details.
I know. It’s the one on home page of this page. I’ve no clue how he pulled up my passed. Lots silly convictions but he had them all. I said there spent. His words were there never spent on insurance lol. Think he was trying his luck. This page if you look has car insurance somewhere a link. Over 5k insurance jeeeez.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off