Hiring a Car

Convicted Driver Insurance
In my case faulty breath machine
Although yes you get a sample what as time goes on is you start to cling hold to the hope the police have lost the sample
Yes am empty hope but you know they have a time limit to lay charge as it gets nearer you get sadly more hopeful
I do understand but perhaps best to accept that it won’t get lost and try to prepare yourself mentally and practically . I feel for those who have this wait. Although traumatic . I was in court a month after m arrest ( pre covid ). Good luck .

Whatever the offence is, not just drink driving, the police have 6 months to commence proceedings. They are not going to reduce that just for drink driving involving a blood sample.
Some people have said how glad they were to continue driving pending conviction for various personal reasons,so for every person stressed by the wait, there are others who feel the opposite.
That is why the court are not going to give a discount on the ban because you have been waiting. How will they know which drivers are upset by the delay and which drivers are pleased?
The laboratory test the sample to be sure it is viable and if it fails their test then they will reject it. The lab is independent of the police.
Re Polly3: I gave blood as I was taken to hospital.

Price: Yes I understand, they have to treat everyone the same. I guess I am frustrated as I haven't driven since the incident and haven't drank alcohol either and didn't drink alcohol for 6 months preceding the incident.

Would be nice if they had a website where you could track at what stage you're at, kind of like a deliveroo service lol

I do understand but perhaps best to accept that it won’t get lost and try to prepare yourself mentally and practically . I feel for those who have this wait. Although traumatic . I was in court a month after m arrest ( pre covid ). Good luck .
Polly mine was a long time ago pre covid & despite knowing the chances of it getting lost are low as time goes by you hang on to any hope - & the pain is delayed. My sharing was to support those who are in the same position -

Polly mine was a long time ago pre covid & despite knowing the chances of it getting lost are low as time goes by you hang on to any hope - & the pain is delayed. My sharing was to support those who are in the same position -
I empathise completely. I’d be the same I reckon! The waiting will be dreadful , and for me the court appearance somehow put an end to the intense anxiety I felt .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off