Got my licence back today!! but...

Convicted Driver Insurance

Fed up

Got my licence back in the post today, although it`s only for 12 months ( I would imagine I will have to take another medical).

I received my full photo licence & paper counterpart. However does this mean I will have to take a re-test? If this was the case would I have been issued a provisional licence rather than my full licence?

I don`t want to start driving again if I am ineligible to..

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

Got my licence back in the post today, although it`s only for 12 months ( I would imagine I will have to take another medical).

I received my full photo licence & paper counterpart. However does this mean I will have to take a re-test? If this was the case would I have been issued a provisional licence rather than my full licence?

I don`t want to start driving again if I am ineligible to..

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

In some cases the DVLA issue a temporary driving licence. You are correct in assuming you will need to undergo another medical after 12 months, however, if you have received your full driving licence then a re-test will not be required. As long as you are no longer currently disqualified from driving and hold a full currently valid UK driving licence then you are legally entitled to drive.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off