Dvla writing to GP

Convicted Driver Insurance

Missbee

Established Member
So, at my medical I had to tick the yes box to mental health in last 3 years. They sent the form to my GP on 9th Nov. Gp surgery still haven't done anything with it yet. The doc I spoke to had no idea the form was to be filled out. The receptionist thinks the practice manager has to fill it out. The practice manager won't arrange an appointment with me. Does anyone know who has to fill the form out and what the form actually is? I'm getting so frustrated

So, at my medical I had to tick the yes box to mental health in last 3 years. They sent the form to my GP on 9th Nov. Gp surgery still haven't done anything with it yet. The doc I spoke to had no idea the form was to be filled out. The receptionist thinks the practice manager has to fill it out. The practice manager won't arrange an appointment with me. Does anyone know who has to fill the form out and what the form actually is? I'm getting so frustrated
The form at the minute needs to be completed by a GP. There may be only one GP in the practice that does this (that's the case with mine,) I dare say the Practice Manager could fill in the form, but the GP needs to sign it off and send it back. You'll just need to keep on at them. It will in all likliehood be the GP that completes health reports for those seeking ill health retirement ectc. It took mine 9 weeks to deal with it but some people on here have complained about 6-month delays.

The form at the minute needs to be completed by a GP. There may be only one GP in the practice that does this (that's the case with mine,) I dare say the Practice Manager could fill in the form, but the GP needs to sign it off and send it back. You'll just need to keep on at them. It will in all likliehood be the GP that completes health reports for those seeking ill health retirement ectc. It took mine 9 weeks to deal with it but some people on here have complained about 6-month delays.

Yeah - my GP surgery has had the DVLA medical forms for six months!!!!

CJ

Apparently they calling me tomorrow to fill it In 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Hi All,

I have had my letter today from the DVLA saying further information is required from my Dr. I also ticked mental health. Does this mean I would have passed the CDT? And they are just checking on general health / mental health?

Hi All,

I have had my letter today from the DVLA saying further information is required from my Dr. I also ticked mental health. Does this mean I would have passed the CDT? And they are just checking on general health / mental health?

If you have completed your medical and passed the CDT, the DVLA can still write to your own GP. Even if you have said 'no' to everything during your medical, the DVLA can still write to your GP anyway. It's almost like a fishing exercise for them half the time. In terms of mental health, I believe 1 in 5 of the adult population of the UK has suffered with their mental health at some stage of their lives, so I wouldn't worry about this.

CJ

Did it go ok?
Yes please let us know how it went. Good luck x
Hey guys, so in the end they didn't call me they just filled it out by reading my medical notes, they sent it back on the 29th Nov. Apparently its now upto 6 weeks before I get an update. You can bet your arses I'm going to be calling tomorrow and daily until I get my licence!

How are you guys ...any updates

Hey guys, so in the end they didn't call me they just filled it out by reading my medical notes, they sent it back on the 29th Nov. Apparently its now upto 6 weeks before I get an update. You can bet your arses I'm going to be calling tomorrow and daily until I get my licence!

How are you guys ...any updates
Thanks for the update.. should be fine aslong as alcohol isn’t mentioned too much! Might be worth asking for a copy though..

My full license is waiting to be issued pending the application fee being sent in, sent a postal order off a week ago today special delivery and the tracking is still saying its at the post office.. not sure there will be many postman left this time next year the amount of money they are losing striking!

Keep us posted 🤞

Who told you 6 weeks was it the helpline?
I received this text from my GP

I have completed the DVLA questionnaire they sent us dated the 9th November. The DVLA instructions were that it was completed from your medical records by the 30th November. Now it is complete the admin team will return it to the DVLA. You do not need to collect any paperwork therefore. The DVLA sometimes can take up to 6weeks to update you on the progress of the paperwork. If you do not hear back after then, please contact the DVLA directly.

I received this text from my GP

I have completed the DVLA questionnaire they sent us dated the 9th November. The DVLA instructions were that it was completed from your medical records by the 30th November. Now it is complete the admin team will return it to the DVLA. You do not need to collect any paperwork therefore. The DVLA sometimes can take up to 6weeks to update you on the progress of the paperwork. If you do not hear back after then, please contact the DVLA directly.
One of the last big hurdles jumped.. great news.

I spoke to my GP today about possibly getting a letter from DVLA as had an appointment about something else. She was super nice and looked at my notes and said she would do it as soon as she saw it and that she had zero concerns about me driving as I had no alcohol issues and my record of taking anxiety meds was in the past and I was on mild dosages (am no longer on them now despite this process!) She said 40% of her patients had anxiety or depression these days and my anxiety history was no barrier. I feel a weight has been lifted and would recommend anyone with a medical coming up go and see their GP. I was super embarrassed talking about it but she was really understanding and said it was obvious my mistake was clearly a one off, which it was. I hope this post helps someone. I feel a bit more hopeful now.

Just need to get the medical done now 😬. I really hope the DVLA doctor is nice. Any experiences anyone can share would be helpful.

Had my medical 15th november. Still waiting on dvla. Everytime i call which is 3 times a week they say bloods are on system but awaiting boody paperwork🙄 how can it take so long my ban was up on the 3rd of november after a 40 month ban im now doing more time. Will i have to have additional information from gp etc aswell then? Its a piss take all of this. Anyone any ideas how long i should now be waiting as the dvla just keep banging on about 10 working days. Gp even sent my paperwork via email aswell as posted

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off