DVLA writing back to GP after medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alimarie

I’m keep this as short as possible. When applying for my license I sent back a mental health and fit declaration after losing my license after being caught drink driving. The fits happened the day after court through pure anxiety. I completed a medichecks which was 0.5 and did my actual dvla medical on 17th I’m now being told they are writing back to my GP??
He ticked on mental health forms I have had an alcohol problem in past 3 years but ticked no to recurrent binge drinking no to dependency and no problems whatsoever in the past 12 months really.
I have used alcohol to escape in the past with my mental health but certainly not persistent etc can anybody please please HELP me! Thanks in advance

More than likely now your GP has filled out the M2 (mental health) but they will send him a DD2 medical report to be completed, this is the form where your alcohol concerns will be reaveled by your GP to the DVLA, however because you have had fits they will investigate that too, if you used alcohol to cope with your anxiety and told your GP then DVLA could well look at this as a form of mild to moderate dependency.....it's a waiting game now...

More than likely now your GP has filled out the M2 (mental health) but they will send him a DD2 medical report to be completed, this is the form where your alcohol concerns will be reaveled by your GP to the DVLA, however because you have had fits they will investigate that too, if you used alcohol to cope with your anxiety and told your GP then DVLA could well look at this as a form of mild to moderate dependency.....it's a waiting game now...
We’ve done M2 already, just re spoke to dvla and he said I passed my cdt and they are now sending a DD2 form. Do you know how I can find this form? Yes I have used it to cope but nothing in last 12 months, he asked me to take a LFT and all was normal (think he was being proactive) but when I’ve hit crisis with my mental health I have used it previously not even weekly.

You cannot access these forms they are strictly between DVLA and your GP , the only thing you can request is that when your GP fills it out you can ask to be present, but not all GPs do this, the DD2 will confirm if you have or had any alcohol issues past or present, you are in the realms of the DVLA process now and there's not a lot you can do apart from checking with your GP about your alcohol issues so that the form is filled correctly, they can and usually do refuse a licence on the M2 if there's any drinking issues as they did with me....

Do you know what sort of questions are on this form my gp is 100% supportive and will show me but with the mh2 and fits one they weren’t scanned so I had to subject request them which were fully supportive hence I got the chance to do cdt

The questions on the DD2 will relate to your personal drinking habits, weather your drinking is controlled or is not, they will ask for liver function test results and ask your GP if your fit or pose a threat to driving, there are about 20 questions on the form including drug questions as well it is quite a thorough and intense medical form....they will want to know if you had dependence then when was your last alcoholic drink, or how many units you are currently drinking , has there been misuse or binge drinking etc

The questions on the DD2 will relate to your personal drinking habits, weather your drinking is controlled or is not, they will ask for liver function test results and ask your GP if your fit or pose a threat to driving, there are about 20 questions on the form including drug questions as well it is quite a thorough and intense medical form....they will want to know if you had dependence then when was your last alcoholic drink, or how many units you are currently drinking , has there been misuse or binge drinking etc
I have to be honest after my investigations finished and my licence was issued I had a 125 page report from DVLA explaining everything including all medical reports....

Ok thank you well they have my forms with what prescription drugs I take but I don’t take illegal ones so that’s a bonus but I have mid-used it previously which is on my records due to mental health as well so I’m preparing myself for the worst? Do you think 6 or 12 months bc I’ll need to think about selling my car! Thanks for your help once again

It's hard to predict what DVLA will decide they are a law to their selves,obviously you have some issues regarding your medical fitness to drive,` however you have your GPs support and really that's all you can ask for, plus you've passed one DVLA medical,if misuse is confirmed then I'm afraid you'll be looking at 6 months of controlled drinking but I would strongly advise if they do class you as that then tell them you've stopped drinking altogether......just to add track your DD2 at the your gp`s surgery, the doctor will have upto six weeks to fill this form out and they don't always rush, when it arrives you can ask the doctors secretary to forward it to a doctor of your choice, I did this and saved myself weeks of my case and the doctor filled it in correctly, some folk on the forum have had theirs filled out by some one else resulting in a refusal with incorrect information,,,,,,good luck keep us informed ....

It's hard to predict what DVLA will decide they are a law to their selves,obviously you have some issues regarding your medical fitness to drive,` however you have your GPs support and really that's all you can ask for, plus you've passed one DVLA medical,if misuse is confirmed then I'm afraid you'll be looking at 6 months of controlled drinking but I would strongly advise if they do class you as that then tell them you've stopped drinking altogether......just to add track your DD2 at the your gp`s surgery, the doctor will have upto six weeks to fill this form out and they don't always rush, when it arrives you can ask the doctors secretary to forward it to a doctor of your choice, I did this and saved myself weeks of my case and the doctor filled it in correctly, some folk on the forum have had theirs filled out by some one else resulting in a refusal with incorrect information,,,,,,good luck keep us informed ....
Thank you, my gp knows me really well. He will get them done ASAP. I’m speaking with him Monday hopefully and seeing him 11th! Dvla really are aren’t they. What else can I do! Thanks for all your help once again xxx

Honestman .. you got to back ? Well pleased for you
Yes thanks mate enjoying my new motorbike and shogun now, surprisingly my insurance premium wasn't affected in fact it's the cheapest it's ever been, 238.00 per year for my 3 litre shogun.....

Yes thanks mate enjoying my new motorbike and shogun now, surprisingly my insurance premium wasn't affected in fact it's the cheapest it's ever been, 238.00 per year for my 3 litre shogun.....
Did they give you a 12 month a 36 or what bud ?

I've already posted on another thread about this but I'm mentioning it again.

I'm currently serving a 21 month ban which should come to an end in December. I am unfortunately a HRO and sadly I have suffered from years of alcohol problems brought on by a multitude of reasons such as bereavement, stress, depression & a relationship break up.

I managed to go tee total last September & next week I am booked in for a blood test at my local GP surgery. This will then be followed by an appointment with my GP who hadn't seen me since my drinking was at it's peak. My plan is then to have a second blood test done later in the year just prior to my DVLA medical.

The whole purpose of this to evidence my sobriety as I am lead to believe the DVLA will write to my doctor just prior to making the decision about my licence. It is vital that anyone wanting their licence back doesn't jeopardise their chances by not getting anything on record with their GP.

If your reading this with a good while to come before your own DVLA medical I would strongly suggest doing the same and get your sobriety documented by your GP.

I cannot emphasise the disappointment a man I know went through a few years ago - he really did clean his act up but sadly as he had not been to his GP in a long time, the DVLA could not confirm if his alcohol issues had been brought under control. He was told he would have to wait a further year to reapply. This knock back literally did push him close to a relapse, but luckily he held it together and managed to get through another year off the road. Fast forward 12 months and he sailed through his medical the following year and got a one year temporary licence which is of course is the first step of success to a HRO.

Please think on - think wisely & you'll get back on the road first time round if you take on board what I've said.

CJ

Do all HRO only get a one year temporary licence after successfully passing the medical at the end of their ban? In this the case in Northern Ireland? Does anyone know? Thanks.

I'm in NI and I got a 3 year licence after my medical. But I know a few who have got 1, 3 and 10 year licences. It just depends on your medical history.

Hi grice96 do you know if CDT levels are used in NI? I think I read somewhere that they don’t but not sure.

And if your GGT is raised this will point to alcohol issues, normal high end GGT is 70, they licenced me on GGT of 62....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off