DVLA Medical Letter?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hello again - am truly baffled by all the accounts of people attending medical, and how long the abstinence was in order to pass.

On the DVLA website it sates the test can pick up on sustained heavy drinking. However, my question is this: When do the DVLA write to tell you to attend the medical? I've not received any such letter yet (although my ban is until next year some time and my DD course starts in 2 weeks). Can anyone advise me on this?

Many thanks

RG

I got a letter telling me to apply for my licence exactly 3 months before the end of my ban. They said they sent the letter out for me to book it on Friday, post has been this morning and no sign.

Hi all, I received a letter from the DVLA today forcing me to undergo a medical examination, 4 years after I was convicted of a drink driving offence, I underwent a drink driver rehabilitation programme completed successfully and had a years probation completed successfully. I have the original documentation from the convicting court, which shows a medical examination was not required. I have now had a new licence for nearly two years and I have this threatening letter from DVLA which I find to be nothing more than blackmail and an attempt at revenue for the treasury.

I wondered if anyone else has had a recent letter? I don't see how they can legally do this? If anything this should have been a requirement of the new licence application?

Thanks, any help would be most appreciated as I’m going to fight this one. Not only that I can prove the DVLA has been ripping off the public...

How do they threaten me?

Hi all, I received a letter from the DVLA today forcing me to undergo a medical examination, 4 years after I was convicted of a drink driving offence, I underwent a drink driver rehabilitation programme completed successfully and had a years probation completed successfully. I have the original documentation from the convicting court, which shows a medical examination was not required. I have now had a new licence for nearly two years and I have this threatening letter from DVLA which I find to be nothing more than blackmail and an attempt at revenue for the treasury.

I wondered if anyone else has had a recent letter? I don't see how they can legally do this? If anything this should have been a requirement of the new licence application?

Thanks, any help would be most appreciated as I’m going to fight this one. Not only that I can prove the DVLA has been ripping off the public...

How do they threaten me?

There has been an internal inquiry at the Department for Transport which revealed thousands of 'high risk offenders' that had applied for their driving licence after a driving disqualification and were wrongly issued their driving licence without being required to attend a DVLA medical.

High risk offenders that received their driving licence in error are now being contacted and ordered to undergo the required DVLA medical. More information can be found here.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off