DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
I sent off for my medical the beginning of March. Finally got the letter to book my medical in May!! Just had my medical last Monday, 13th June. Been told it’s a 6 week wait now. I only had to answer yes to being on drugs in the past 3 years & on a programme for it as well. This was back in late 2020 so hopefully they see it as in the past 🤷‍♂️
Just a waiting game with these dvla pricks yayyyyyy…

Hi mate
I’ve not been in contact with the drug service down here in Plymouth for 20 months. So I have no proof I’ve been clean since then!!
I think I’m in for the long haul now. All the skeletons are gonna come out & but me in the arse!!
I’m on Pregabalin, 200mg twice daily. I’ve been on them for 5/6 years now. I have them going nerve pain in my back. The drug service tried saying there’s no proof they work for back pain even though it blatantly says that on the internet & the leaflet in the box!! 🤷‍♂️
I’ll be glad to get Monday out the way!!
Well done on the getting your life back mate! Can’t state enough how hard it is. The dvla did not write to my gp they wrote to Risums(drug team) and they are backing my app not one failed drug test over 12 months , I am always honest with them. What is pregbalin? I am on methadone and under 25ml a day is the legal limit . Search your drug and see what it says. I have a mate that is on all sorts of anti psychotics gabapentin and he is ok to drive . We all make mistakes keep me updated on your app. You are not the only one going through this

Finally managed to get through last Thursday & they just said it’s with the medical dept & they cannot give a timescale & blamed Covid which I guess is their standard excuse!

It’s so bloody frustrating
My medical time scale is
Put in app in Jan 2022
Got letter inviting me to book medical March 2022
Ban ended 26th April
Had medical 6th may
10th June had letter saying the wrote to gp( risums drug team not gp)
20th June phoned med team they said it takes 2 weeks for a letter in or out will update as I get results

Don’t stress out too much phone your gp to talk about driving again, they will do a cdt test with you if you want one, plus aslong as your doctors/health care pros are behind you you will be fine .

Hi mate I rang the dvla medical team today. They’ve said they are writing to my GP & also sending me another questionnaire. I’m guessing it’s the drug questionnaire.
Then no doubt I’ll have to have another medical, at their cost of course!! All to do a urine sample!! Which they could’ve done at my initial medical!! Grrrrrrrr 😤
Feel like I’m going around in circles with no end in sight!! 🤷‍♂️

Ban up January 16 2022
Sent form 11th jan
Medical 24th march
Sent me drug questionnaire 22nd April and said they were writing to GP (told them I was on zapain (codine painkillers for 9 years and had injections to come off them over 3 years ago due to theside affects)
GP got forms 4th may
Form sent back 13th June…
Now waiting to see if I get my license, a yearly, requested for another medical or refused. It should be in my notes I’ve refused painkillers for pain management from connective tissue disease or they may have wrote to GP due to scar on my chest from a heart monitor a few years back which can back as nothing other than some extra beats which are harmless and common. Requested my medical file from the DVLA so will find out in about 50 years lol

Ban up January 16 2022
Sent form 11th jan
Medical 24th march
Sent me drug questionnaire 22nd April and said they were writing to GP (told them I was on zapain (codine painkillers for 9 years and had injections to come off them over 3 years ago due to theside affects)
GP got forms 4th may
Form sent back 13th June…
Now waiting to see if I get my license, a yearly, requested for another medical or refused. It should be in my notes I’ve refused painkillers for pain management from connective tissue disease or they may have wrote to GP due to scar on my chest from a heart monitor a few years back which can back as nothing other than some extra beats which are harmless and common. Requested my medical file from the DVLA so will find out in about 50 years lol
😂😂😂

Yeah I’m absolutely buzzing. I haven’t received anything from the DVLA but they have it as a full license online so I am assuming I am good to go.
Yeah no one has waited for their physical license unless they’ve not been able to check online as far I’m aware. Go for it. Be safe and enjoy 😉

I had my medical on Thursday 16th June and have just checked online and I have my license back!

Absolutely buzzing
Wow!! That's amazing news, congratulations!
I had my medical same day! My ban ends this Friday so who knows, by the time ban is lifted it may say that my licence has come through!!
Fingers crossed.

I had my medical on Thursday 16th June and have just checked online and I have my license back!

Absolutely buzzing
They seem to be bangin them out real quick now (thank the lord), as long as no further investigations ?

Had my medical tuesday 7 june
appeared on line thurs 16 june

arrived today weds 22 june zzzzzzzzzzzzzz (still major issues with their postal system though ? )

anybody who has a medical now needs to check daily 5 days after medical, don't wait for the postman 😙😙😙😙😙😴😴😴(y)(y)

I rdidnt get my medical till 5months after application 4 and half month till I heard to book it, its totally unacceptable
They are defo speeding up, sent my application in feb, medical letter arrived in may (12 weeks ?????) medical originally booked for jul 4th but got cancellation, so did it on 7th june, license back in 7 working days, couldn't believe it !!!!!!!!!.

Just as an add on to this, as well as receiving my shiny new license (with new picture, which was scary) i also received another separate letter from the DVLA telling me about my medical and cdt score (0.5 AFTER 3 WEEKS NO DRINK) and that they would send the results to my GP if i wanted to discuss it further with him/her, i haven't seen this mentioned before on the forums, i presumed i would have to send off an access request ? is this the norm ?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off