DVLA medical - enlarged liver

Convicted Driver Insurance
From the 2 tests I have had carried out, the Doctor simply palpitated my stomach on the right had side a few times. That was it. If they did the same with you, I have no idea how they came to the conclusion that your liver was 1-2cm enlarged. Everyone's liver size is different. Do you have any other symptoms such as yellow eyes or skin?
No and to be fair she did write on my paperwork that I didn't have jaundice, an enlarged spleen of skin hives. Think she understood what this meant to me, believes I am not a heavy drinker but was concerned about my health. Hoping when I go for these tests it turns out to be nothing of any concern bar a minor delay to my licence. Fingers crossed

From the 2 tests I have had carried out, the Doctor simply palpitated my stomach on the right had side a few times. That was it. If they did the same with you, I have no idea how they came to the conclusion that your liver was 1-2cm enlarged. Everyone's liver size is different. Do you have any other symptoms such as yellow eyes or skin?
I have real sympathy with Luna’s view, as a healthcare professional. But I hadn’t particularly felt it was ok to comment on it, as all cases are different. I think I said a 1-2 cm enlargement wasn’t that that significant, which was my view, and remains so.
If the DVLA have identified an issue, in their belief, they will probably look in to it, and asking information from a GP will be a key part of this. So quite a bit hinges on if there are any references to alcohol problems in medical summaries. If there are these will be made evident to the DVLA
It’s all a mine field, and I wish you all the best, stick with this site and let us know how you’re getting on.
Kind regards
Jane

Won't feel at ease until the licence is in my hand and I know what the insurance premiums hold but been on the phone the DVLA this afternoon, my licence was posted yesterday!

Won't feel at ease until the licence is in my hand and I know what the insurance premiums hold but been on the phone the DVLA this afternoon, my licence was posted yesterday!
Hurrrray!! Well done 👍 🥳🥳

Reactions: stu
A new one on me, nevertheless congratulations Stu but do get your liver checked out mate, happy for you 😊 👍

Licence arrived today and found insurance at the same price. The relief is unbelievable. Thanks for everyone's contributions, whilst they were not completely accurate I don't think there was any harm in expecting the worst case scenario.

Three weeks left and this can be just a very expensive memory and life lesson

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off