DVLA medical Blood test

Convicted Driver Insurance
Heya I have my DVLA medical test in ten days and I have been drinking a lot of wine lately probably one bottle a day. I wouldnt say I am addicted I can go without I'm just choosing not to. I have bought a Blo test and I have 0 alcohol in me each morning. My question is would I be likely to pass the blood test? If the breathalyser is saying I have 0 alcohol per mg/100 or are the blood tests more clear and extensive ? Someone please explain. I can't be the only one who enjoys couple wines at night!!! And I hope I have enough time to pass also.

Heya I have my DVLA medical test in ten days and I have been drinking a lot of wine lately probably one bottle a day. I wouldnt say I am addicted I can go without I'm just choosing not to. I have bought a Blo test and I have 0 alcohol in me each morning. My question is would I be likely to pass the blood test? If the breathalyser is saying I have 0 alcohol per mg/100 or are the blood tests more clear and extensive ? Someone please explain. I can't be the only one who enjoys couple wines at night!!! And I hope I have enough time to pass also.
Firstly if your doing a bottle of red a day I would address that problem for a starters thats not good.
I wouldn't concern yourself with the rest just yet.

You're being tested for CDT when you have the medical done. The blood test will measure your CDT in the liver. Drinking every day causes CDT levels to rise. You're aiming to get a score of under 1% and by drinking wine every day you are probably looking at over 3% if this drinking pattern has been going on for some time.

Cdt levels do lower and return to normal with abstinence but will take a few weeks.
They have all the information about it on the drinkdrive.org website if you Google search dvla medical.
If you take the test in 10 days You're most likely going to fail and then have to prove abstinence for a year before they consider giving you another shot at the medical and getting your licence back. I'd rearrange the medical if I were you and get your drinking habits under control.
Life without drink is so peaceful ✌️ good luck.

One bottle of wine a day is quite a lot. In my own honest opinion, you will probably need at least a couple of months complete abstinence to get your CDT score to a lower level.

CJ

My experience I had my first test back in April I had a weekend away 11 days before and had quite a lot of booze plus out previous weekends I hadn’t been on this site and thought I would be fine ,,,came back at 2.6
I then had to wait another six months I had my last test 10days ago I abstained since 12th august with 4 drinks in between and none for 2 weeks before and passed
I’m no expert but from experience I would say you prob would fail
please abstain for longer if you can a couple more weeks is better than another 6 months trust me xx

My experience I had my first test back in April I had a weekend away 11 days before and had quite a lot of booze plus out previous weekends I hadn’t been on this site and thought I would be fine ,,,came back at 2.6
I then had to wait another six months I had my last test 10days ago I abstained since 12th august with 4 drinks in between and none for 2 weeks before and passed
I’m no expert but from experience I would say you prob would fail
please abstain for longer if you can a couple more weeks is better than another 6 months trust me xx
Thank u so much. So u stayed of for 2 weeks and passed ? Cheers I've had to reschedule as I don't want to risk it xx

I abstained for four weeks and returned a value of 0.7 on both occasions with Medichecks. However, I'm 6'3" and built like a brick shit house so my results would differ from someone smaller than me. I also believe that there are differences between men and women when it comes to CDT tests https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11003206.
Well that's atleast some comfort I have been cutting down drastically but still having few wines few times a week. My appointment is this tue so I think I best cancel. Haha I don't think I stand a chance. I am healthy tho good bmi 31 year old

I abstained for four weeks and returned a value of 0.7 on both occasions with Medichecks. However, I'm 6'3" and built like a brick shit house so my results would differ from someone smaller than me. I also believe that there are differences between men and women when it comes to CDT tests https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11003206.
Totally agree. I’m also the proverbial brick shit house lol I’ve been off it for at least 3 years. I returned 0.6 from medichecks on three separate occasions.

The classic line of a denier. Ditch the breathalyser, it means nothing in this case. Your blood results will indicate the level of your drinking. Ditch the wine (and anything else) now however I doubt it will be sufficient to pass the medical in ten days time.
Thanks for your judgemental and non valid comment, for your information I have been off alcohol for 15 days so you clearly need to learn the definition of addiction and the difference between that and a habit before u comment ;)

How long did you go drink free before your test and how much were you drinking before you stopped x
Got medical today. I was drinking probably 3 bottles wine a week or more couple months ago, plus 3 weeks ago I was on a strong liquor (for one night). Been off it 15 days now I will update if I pass. I've been drinking plenty fluids but eating crappie but I don't have a drink problem and definitely don't drink everyday I've heard that's all they are looking for 🤷‍♀️will update bloods! X

Got medical today. I was drinking probably 3 bottles wine a week or more couple months ago, plus 3 weeks ago I was on a strong liquor (for one night). Been off it 15 days now I will update if I pass. I've been drinking plenty fluids but eating crappie but I don't have a drink problem and definitely don't drink everyday I've heard that's all they are looking for 🤷‍♀️will update bloods! X
Also I am a heavy smoker so fingers crossed!!

Also I am a heavy smoker so fingers crossed!!
Unfortunately I think you're going to be very lucky to pass, they look for a CDT under 1%. I wish you the best of luck! Becareful how you answer the questions they ask at the medical. Because if you say you don't drink at all your CDT level isn't going to match up.

Unfortunately I think you're going to be very lucky to pass, they look for a CDT under 1%. I wish you the best of luck! Becareful how you answer the questions they ask at the medical. Because if you say you don't drink at all your CDT level isn't going to match up.
Well last time I drunk was the 4th more or less a couple wines, I've been cutting drink right down in the months prior the last 2 drinks I only had couple bottles a maybe of 12% wine. Surely ill be fine? I've been on setraline which might interfear I don't know. So for last couple months only had few bottles a week possibly and 15 days abstinence

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off