Dvla medial help please!

Convicted Driver Insurance

stupidboy!

Hello, I wonder if anyone could offer any advice? I undertook my medical on 8th December 2011 and received a letter on new year’s eve informing me that the DVLA had written to my GP. Is this something to be worried about? I have a feeling that my readings maybe borderline? If they were over would I have simply received a letter telling me that I have failed?

Finally, if I do fail has anyone used a solicitor to appeal? I am a drinker, but have worked hard to lower my intake, took regular blood tests with my GP running up to the examination and my levels have been getting lower. I regret my stupidity everyday but find in very frustrating that even if I do drink, it doesn't mean that I will drink and drive again. I have learned my lesson, took the punishment and now I just want to get on with my life. I found it even more frustrating that the doctor said to me that if I took any kind of drugs (I don't take anything at all by the way) that this wouldn't be considered as a negative by the dvla. In other words... if I drink 30 units of legal booze a week I'll be punished, but if I do a couple of lines of coke a day, but don't drink then this is fine!

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

If you are well over the limits on your liver test they will just refuse you your licence.If it is borderline they will be wanting to know from your Doctor if there is any history of alcoholism.Also they will want to know from your Dr if there could be any other reason for higher levels such as prescription medication,painkillers etc that could will affect your readings.
I think they get in touch with a lot of doctors to do this.After saying all this you will probably get another answer telling you something completely different as there doesn't seem to be two cases alike.They must have some system but to me it seems they make it up as they go along.A frustrating time.

Thanks you very much for your information. I'll keep you posted as to how this unfolds. I just find it really frustrating. I have even purchased my own breathalyzer to make sure I’m ok driving after a night our etc. That said what I did was unforgivable and thank god no one was hurt. I just think that I have been served my punishment by the courts and the dvla are encroaching on more than their jurisdiction as to my ability to drive. If I drink, I drink. I would happily have a breathalyzer fitted to my car or have my number plate given to all police to pull me over at any given point for a breath test. I will never drink and drive again... but I will drink. That is my personal choice and nothing to do with the dvla.

Having said that... this is my own stupid fault and I deserve this stress. I just wish there was a more sensible approach to this whole issue.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off