Drunk Driving Crash...HELP!!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

McLovin

Hi,

5 days ago I stupidly drove whilst very drunk. I crashed into a traffic light and wrote my car off. I was unconscious for a short time, thereafter i was drifting in and out of consciousness.

I was taken to hospital where I was there for a day.

The police have not been in contact with me at all.

Since the crash, I have found out that whilst i was drifting in and out of consciousness - i was breathalised. Whether I was able to give a reading or not, i do not know. I have amnesia from before, during and after the crash.

I was never taken to a police station, or arrested or even told anything about being drunk, etc.

What could possibly happen if the police do get in contact? Can you be charged for drunk driving if you havnt had a second breath test at the police station?

I have had no previous convictions. Have had my license for 2 years and been driving for 5 months. I am 20 years old and female.

Please HELP!! Thank you.

Hi,

5 days ago I stupidly drove whilst very drunk. I crashed into a traffic light and wrote my car off. I was unconscious for a short time, thereafter i was drifting in and out of consciousness.

I was taken to hospital where I was there for a day.

The police have not been in contact with me at all.

Since the crash, I have found out that whilst i was drifting in and out of consciousness - i was breathalised. Whether I was able to give a reading or not, i do not know. I have amnesia from before, during and after the crash.

I was never taken to a police station, or arrested or even told anything about being drunk, etc.

What could possibly happen if the police do get in contact? Can you be charged for drunk driving if you havnt had a second breath test at the police station?

I have had no previous convictions. Have had my license for 2 years and been driving for 5 months. I am 20 years old and female.

Please HELP!! Thank you.

More information on the hospital procedure can be found here. Your memory of the incident sounds sketchy at best and you have confirmed you suffered from amnesia before, during and after the accident. It may be that a blood sample was taken without your consent as can happen in situations like this where a person is incapable of consenting. However if this was the case then in order for it to be analysed, you would have needed to provide consent, from what you say, you very well could have provided consent without remembering that you did.

You really need to get in touch with the hospital/dcotors and the police that dealt with you and find out exactly what happened and what procedures were undertaken.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off